Van camping with a dog in Utah

I'm headed through Utah in a few weeks en route to Colorado, and I just realized that I won't be able to hit up any of the Cottonwood resorts because I'll have my pup along as copilot. Any opinions on decent spots around SLC to

A.) camp for a night or two?
    B.) ride while being able to periodically check on said dog?

I was thinking it might be a decent opportunity to check out Powder Mountain for the first time. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I'm headed through Utah in a few weeks en route to Colorado, and I just realized that I won't be able to hit up any of the Cottonwood resorts because I'll have my pup along as copilot. Any opinions on decent spots around SLC to

A.) camp for a night or two?
    B.) ride while being able to periodically check on said dog?

I was thinking it might be a decent opportunity to check out Powder Mountain for the first time. Thoughts?
    If you want your dog can stay with mine in a pretty air-tight backyard. If it’s well behaved. My dog usually ignores other dogs so after a bit of awkward meet-and-greet they’ll probably get along if yours is agreeable. My wife Is often home during the week. Or I’ll just take my dog to work if it’s just a day or two. Weekends wouldn’t work.

Isn’t weekends when you burn and bury the traveling vagrant’s bodies?
    That would be awkward.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Depends if the valley has a no-burn policy due to pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    If you want your dog can stay with mine in a pretty air-tight backyard. If it’s well behaved. My dog usually ignores other dogs so after a bit of awkward meet-and-greet they’ll probably get along if yours is agreeable. My wife Is often home during the week. Or I’ll just take my dog to work if it’s just a day or two. Weekends wouldn’t work.
    I appreciate the offer. She'd love to hang with another dog, but I'm certain she'd do everything she could to escape, too. She's quite the efficient tunneler.