Going from Marker Griffons to Barons

Considering making the switch from Marker Griffons to Barons for the intermittent side country trips. Questions:

1. Will the increased stack height make a noticeable difference?

2. I’ve come across a few posts that mention the frame bindings creating a dead spot. Is this a legit concern? Skiing on Black Crows Camox, a lighter ski to begin with.

Would love to go with the Shifts, but bought a new pair of alpine boots just before they came out. Not having inserts sucks.

You will get a nose bleed from the increased stack height

But seriously I have a couple pair I use in bounds becuz they came on used skis and no problems here

I do have real touring setup's and in comparison to these are heavey as fuck especially on a heavey ski with Alpine bbots
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You MAY notice some stack height. Doubtful on the dead spot since you already have one.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Everyone's results may vary, and to me the stack hight was a big negative and the slop after 50 days or so was pretty weak. I would avoid the old duke or barron if possible.

I don’t think you will notice the stack height...

Stack height was negligible— what I noticed more was how the frame altered the flex profile of the ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Stack height was negligible— what I noticed more was how the frame altered the flex profile of the ski.

How significant was the change in flex?

I noticed both the stack height and the dead spot (and the slop in the binding). The question is whether you care? Do those downsides outweigh your desire to walk uphill?

Quote Originally Posted by Swandog View Post
    How significant was the change in flex?
    Depends on ski. Super stout flexing ski likely won’t notice but something with a much more round flex you will most certainly notice. Again the do you care question comes into play.

it will take some getting used to, weight will probably be the biggest difference. assuming youre not doing too many hard pressed nosebutters on these skis