College Summer Job 2020

Ive been scheming up some ideas for a summer job next summer, middle of May through late August of 2020. I am a college student in Washington and I am hoping to find some sweet gig, something entertaining and maybe intellectual(?). Intellectual is applicable to most jobs, but when I use that word, I mean an internship instead of a guide job. I would be open to either and think both would be amazing.

Thats where I need help. I need some ideas and recommendations for good summer jobs people have done or heard of people doing. I am studying psychology and hoping to become a clinical psychologist, so something related to that would be cool, but I am also an avid skier, mountain biker, cook, film maker, etc... I am open to a whole world of ideas; working with an advertisement media production company, leading bike tours, an Alaskan fishing hut, but I just need some specifics that people may have. I have spent the past three summers working on ranches in Costa Rica and the Colorado Rockies. I have been a lifeguard before that for 4 years, as well as a swim coach. I have lots of experience working with power tools and being on a maintenance team, but I do not want to do it for another summer, I am looking to try something different.

If you have an experience doing something that you enjoyed, please recommend it! I just want to hear about what is out there. I go to school in South East Washington, but I reside in Denver or outside of Kremmling, CO in the summers. I would be open to look for housing opportunities in other locations, I am not limited to CO or WA.

Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Www.Usajobs.gov. Go fight fire, be an interp ranger or find something else that interests you.

Bartender. Closest thing to psychologist without having paper on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Bartender. Closest thing to psychologist without having paper on the wall.
    This. No brainer. Your days are free and you throw a party every night. I loved it.

If you want some fodder for your psychology degree go tree planting for a couple summers. Good money if you work hard and you’ll meet lots of interesting characters

Have you considered prostitution?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    id start with the full monty on the pole before i went pound town ho
    dont roof
    dont guide
    id pursue trophy husbandry
    pm iceman
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

"well the world needs ditch diggers too"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

As ‘Relevant internship in your field leading to post graduation job placement’ seems to be a non factor I’d say something where you’re gonna make money and have some unique broadening experience. So fishing, Wild land firefighting, and smuggling. Risks and rewards to all three. You can always bartender latter and a college age bartender is pretty worthless unless you got tits; although I hear those can help with smuggling too.

This, only on YouTube so you can be a YouTube Star airing peoples' deepest secrets for others to mock in the comments section..

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

come join us on the Erie Canal as a seasonal Canal Structural Operator... $15.94 per hour.

http://www.canals.ny.gov/about/jobs/...-operator.html

you will learn to operate and maintain 200 year old locks,

dams

and movable bridges...

and the plenty of odd folks around the canal allows for freelance psychological observations....

Do day trading with bitcoin.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Influencer

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    a college age bartender is pretty worthless unless you got tits. .
    I did pretty well bouncing between tending and working behind the line, and the access to shameless tail was well worth the deficiency in tips compared to the female staff.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    id start with the full monty on the pole before i went pound town ho
    dont roof
    dont guide
    id pursue trophy husbandry
    pm iceman
    This is the advice I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    come join us on the Erie Canal as a seasonal Canal Structural Operator... $15.94 per hour.

http://www.canals.ny.gov/about/jobs/...-operator.html

you will learn to operate and maintain 200 year old locks,

dams

and movable bridges...

and the plenty of odd folks around the canal allows for freelance psychological observations....
    Cool idea and Ive been scrolling around on the .gov website for other jobs, I dont think I have the necessary qualifications for this one though. Also, while I support the East Coast, it would be nice to be somewhere in the west for ease of access and being in the mountains.

I see hydraulic turtles.

Have you considered just buying a fake degree online?

I mean, its clinical psychology, not engineering. I bet you could pull it off.

https://www.phonydiploma.com/
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto