Snowboard Carvers - Atomic Badland vs Hawx XTD?

Hey hey. I’m a fledgling snowboard carver and looking for advice on boots. Snowboard specific options from UPZ and Deeluxe don’t want to work with my feet (and they’re cinder blocks). Stumbled upon a few threads about Backlands from the split board crowd. Phantom makes a spring system for the Backland that might (prob?) work on the Hawx XTD too. I’m mainly focused on carving performance on typical resort groomers. Hiking and pow performance secondary.

What say you snowboard carvers?

I should add that I’d be running these on an alpine carving board with plate bindings at 40-55 angles or around there. Luckily my current board, SG The Cult, is 24cm wide so it can manage a little extra BSL (at cost of higher angles but still reasonable).

Oh yah I was stuck into those weeds yesterday. Good stuff. I’ll ask there if anyone has compared backland carbon to XTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    Oh yah I was stuck into those weeds yesterday. Good stuff. I’ll ask there if anyone has compared backland carbon to XTD.
    They’re completely different. I suggest you try them on.

I don't know anything about snowboards, but I've skied both boots a bunch, and currently own the XTD 130. The Backland is way lighter, considerably less stiff, walks better (as a ski touring boot) and also fits significantly differently - most notably for my feet anyway, the heel pocket is a bunch looser.

Nobody has the badlands in stock here unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    Phantom makes a spring system for the Backland that might (prob?) work on the Hawx XTD too.
    I've seen my buddy Joey who rides for Phantom rocking the Link Levers on some XTDs. I don't know if they're protos or the same links as on the Backlands.

Nice! The guys at Phantom said they would try to check the fit this weekend... but seems like your buddy already has!