Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1735
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Powdr corp screwing over their pass holders. Say it ain't so.
    Sorry to see it. Your pad is a good location for social distancing. Time to take care of those "honey do's" A good summer to you, and ski ya next year! Off to wash my hands...

I asked for a refund on my spring pass, their response;

At this time we are not extending refunds to season pass holders, including 4 day Pass and Spring Pass. No refunds or credits will be given at this time as we are currently planning to be winter operational again this season.

It could be criminal to force out of towners to travel during a pandemic, fucking morons

Be safe out there puma. With only 1 resort operating it would probably be unwise to ski there. Waxed & stored my skis just in case this situation changes. Which I don't think will anytime soon. This is fukd up.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Glad I didn't buy a spring pass. Pretty weak to not offer a credit for next year if they're not able to open again this season.

Honestly, I would rather Meadows use my season pass $ to support their seasonal staff, though they are already giving them 2 weeks paid leave.

Fuck bachelor's policy.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I asked for a refund on my spring pass, their response;

At this time we are not extending refunds to season pass holders, including 4 day Pass and Spring Pass. No refunds or credits will be given at this time as we are currently planning to be winter operational again this season.

It could be criminal to force out of towners to travel during a pandemic, fucking morons
    A few years back I had a 4 time pass that had not used. I broke my leg while ski patrolling at my home mountain and when I asked them for a refund that I could back up with Dr letter and director of my ski patrol they still told me no. Bachelor can get fucked. Ever since that incident I refuse to spend a single cent there.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    A few years back I had a 4 time pass that had not used. I broke my leg while ski patrolling at my home mountain and when I asked them for a refund that I could back up with Dr letter and director of my ski patrol they still told me no. Bachelor can get fucked. Ever since that incident I refuse to spend a single cent there.
    I sent them an email last thursday asking about closures, they replied Kate Brown said they could stay open and to come on up and enjoy. I went up, skied 1 day got a hotel and then the next morning found out they closed. 1 day of a 4 day pass used. I figure its a lost cause. Same thing...forget the pass going forward. I'll go ski Crystal next year for half the price for a 3 day weekend....better terrain, similar drive.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Honestly, I would rather Meadows use my season pass $ to support their seasonal staff, though they are already giving them 2 weeks paid leave.

Fuck bachelor's policy.
    Fucked up times. Everybody Support your local bars and restaurants too... went downtown tonight and it was a ghost town. Small businesses need cash flow to survive and keep people employed.

64oz taphouse is canning up beers to-go and subterranean is taking carry out orders.

Not gonna lie though, kind of nice walking the dog, buying a road soda at 64, then drinking it on the sidewalk while waiting for a 20oz ribeye with nobody around...

Tourist season will be a little different this year. Really going to hurt the HR economy.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Can confirm, amazing corn on the mhm groomers from vista on down. Slight breakable crust above that but should get better fast.

Making jonesy proud, one carve at a time. Shitty pic but it gets the point across:

Attachment 321294

Paging Mattig:
    Nows a good time to break in your touring gear...
    Thanks for the page! Market has been crazy enough--especially mortgage market--that I've been all consumed.

Word on the street is that Saturday and maybe Sunday will be the last 2 days for anyone to get out of the house for a long while.

Willie Pass closed by order of Lane county & USFS.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Thanks for the page! Market has been crazy enough--especially mortgage market--that I've been all consumed.

Word on the street is that Saturday and maybe Sunday will be the last 2 days for anyone to get out of the house for a long while.
    I've heard this rumor, but never from the actual source. My sis mentioned National Guard. I think a voluntary quarantine would be adequate

Problem is between the preppers, trumpers and young kids that may make it difficult

Even with a rest in place I think you can still hike and ski tour. I know in Cali you are allowed to go outside to exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Even with a rest in place I think you can still hike and ski tour. I know in Cali you are allowed to go outside to exercise.

Keep that quiet, there’s some new snow on the horizon and it can still get tracked out even without lifts

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 456
Size:  790.4 KB

Can anyone confirm

If anything...at all..is open in Oregon? I can practice distancing, just curious. On the snow says no..but you never know...

BTW, that Willamette Pass closing was a SCREW to all the people...Passing the blame to someone/somewhere else..where have I seen/heard that before? Not surprising where the rurals get that from.

For days they didn't say a thing on their website about COVID and affirmed, actually made a big deal, they would be open and were selling discounted tickets for Spring Break; We all new COVID worries were out there, they should have just gone ahead and posted a closing date or quit selling online tickets just in case, instead of letting **idiots** like me make the (3) hour drive and not check the website in the morning.

Yeah its a first world problem, not out any money, just hiked instead. Just didn't think this was managed well by the Willamette Pass leadership.

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60659754690__479EFD72-3240-40E8-855A-1410FDF38442.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	321688

Last hurrah

my hip flexors: “yay”
    Last edited by ::: :::; 03-22-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post

Just keep in mind, how can you do this responsibly if you are an asymptomatic carrier?

Do you need a car to get to the trailhead? If so, will you get gas at the same gas station at home that you normally use, and wipe down your credit card before and after exchanging with the attendant? Will you pack enough food from home so you don’t need to hit up the local cafe or market? Will you drive safely so you are extremely unlikely to cause an accident requiring emergency services? Is the trailhead so busy that it will be difficult to limit close proximity interaction with others? Will you pick the correct terrain and conditions where your chance of needing assistance / emergency services is so low that you would not force SAR teams to break social isolation to rescue you?

I agree it’s truly important to go outside for fresh air, and to stay physically and mentally healthy. Let’s just also be cognizant of the fact that there is actual, active community transmission of the disease in basically all Oregon metro areas - the current level of which we won’t be able to understand for 2-3 weeks until symptoms develop, tests are ordered, and results presented. You could possibly be a part of that transmission network and have no idea (this disease has been spreading through asymptomatic contact), and it would be devastating to spread it further into the outer lying communities that are far from from hospitals, especially if you are coming from a city. Remember, hospital workers barely have enough f’ing gloves and gowns right now, let alone masks and face shields, ICU beds, ventilators, ECMO.

So I’m not saying, “don’t go hike/ski/ride/bike.”

I’m saying, think carefully about how you can recreate in a way that would minimize consequences of you possibly spreading contagion, and minimize burden on the healthcare system, then do your best to execute on that plan. A 15 minute drive to a seldom used part of the woods is a lot different than a 3 hour drive to a super busy place.

$0.04

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

This ^^ 100%. I’m getting out daily but staying within my neighborhood. All the fuckers at the beach this weekend are going to force the governor to send us into full lockdown cause it’s clear we as society can’t be bothered to do the right thing.

Very well said and I really don’t think this is how people are thinking. I drove past the Beacon Rock trailhead in the gorge a couple days ago and guess what? Just overflowing with cars. So there’s a bunch of people huffing and puffing past each other on a super narrow path. “I’m outside so this is much safer than walking past someone in the Zupan’s aisle”.

Today

Snow showers, mainly after 11am. Temperature falling to around 25 by 5pm. Breezy, with a west wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight

Snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Low around 16. West wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tuesday

Snow showers. High near 25. Southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Name:  20200322_190554.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  109.0 KB

Gov. Kate Brown Issues Order Directing Oregonians To 'Stay Home'

https://www.opb.org/news/article/ore...19-kate-brown/

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Today

Snow showers, mainly after 11am. Temperature falling to around 25 by 5pm. Breezy, with a west wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight

Snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Low around 16. West wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tuesday

Snow showers. High near 25. Southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Name:  20200322_190554.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  109.0 KB
    Time for jonesy to hike the cone

That sounds like a great idea fort, not that anyone cares. Except bachelor. No uphill access.