Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Thanks to the snowboarder who rode over to me while I was collecting myself and said “woah dude I broke my collarbone like that once”.
    As I started to read this I thought it was gonna end with "Sorry Bro, you were on my heel side"

Heal up. Snow is coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I look forward to the pleas.

Forecast does not look good. Fingers crossed. I am hopeful the extra 1000 feet is helpful at bachelor.
    When you coming over next?

Groomers were polished like a preped race course with hungry sharks surfacing frequently. Full on cluster, but hey no lift stoppage so there's that. Hoodoo shutting down the 2nd. I'm out for awhile.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Snow is coming soon
    bachelor could be stacked new year's day at opening...don't be too lit

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Groomers were polished like a preped race course with hungry sharks surfacing frequently. Full on cluster, but hey no lift stoppage so there's that. Hoodoo shutting down the 2nd. I'm out for awhile.
    Hah - On Friday CCX stranded me for 15 minutes. Asked lifties what happened and they told me they just learned they have to press the reset button TWICE to make it go again. So now I'm reminding them when I load - because I'm helpful like that

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Meh - NYE is for amateurs. I will be there early.

Lite it up!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Anyone know how the creek crossing for Newton is looking?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Ugghhh - it's looking like a glopfest for New Year's Day.

TodayRain after 4pm. High near 36. West wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

TonightRain before 10pm, then rain and snow. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Snow level 9100 feet lowering to 7900 feet. Low around 29. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

New Year's DaySnow. Temperature rising to near 31 by 11am, then falling to around 24 during the remainder of the day. Windy, with a west wind 24 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Wednesday NightSnow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Breezy, with a west wind 23 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
    Sadly, I have meetings scheduled for Thursday & Friday. I look forward to skiing with 20,000 of my friends on Saturday

Gotta look at the bright side I guess

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ENIVwb0U4AAyBXH.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	308536
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Yeah but what about the wind?
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Name:  41FVMssKN9L._AC_SY400_ML1_.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  24.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    Anyone know how the creek crossing for Newton is looking?
    Haven't been over there for awhile, but I am guessing the snowbridge is non-existent. Try the large downed log about 100 yards upstream of where the elk Meadows trail crosses newton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Yeah but what about the wind?
    Won’t matter. Snow will be so fucking heavy it won’t be affected by 50mph wind

Old news, but hey..."alcohol fueled crash", a magette?

https://www.bendbulletin.com/localst...f6d9f8ec6.html

A Christmas Day search and rescue operation at Mt. Bachelor ski area ended with good news for the family and friends of Ashlee Gingerich. The 30-year old skier was found on Thursday morning in good condition after an alcohol-fueled ski crash caused her to stay on the mountain alone overnight.

Yeaaa, Ullr protects Californians and drunks
    The most amazing part of this is that SAR sent out a drone with thermal imaging, and came up with nothing.
    My theory - Bigfoot took her into his cave for the night. Expect her to deliver a really ugly kid come end of September

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Haven't been over there for awhile, but I am guessing the snowbridge is non-existent. Try the large downed log about 100 yards upstream of where the elk Meadows trail crosses newton.
    Good to know, thanks. sounds like an adventure

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    When you coming over next?
    Today.

Looks moist overnight with temps dropping now. We know what that means! (Great for the base we say???)

Let it snow!!!!

2020 is looking up. precip has turned white at MHM just now (watch out for the newly formed, staked-off rivers running through the base area), but more exciting is the next 10 days of the forecast. Inbound storms are medium-small, but all much colder than this last one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    2020 is looking up. precip has turned white at MHM just now (watch out for the newly formed, staked-off rivers running through the base area), but more exciting is the next 10 days of the forecast. Inbound storms are medium-small, but all much colder than this last one.
    Don’t worry, I bought new skis yesterday so I’ve clearly doomed our snow. You’re welcome?

Well I’m sitting at home with new skis and skier’s blue balls...hoping y’all will be getting some

Doesn't look like I'm missing out on anything. See you guys in March.
    Training for Alpental

oof. I've been handed a pair of the skier blue balls as well. came to realization that I broke a rib in the ol back up on the piste on monday and the knee is not feeling very stable either. I was having fun with the low tide stuff until then.

NOAA is looking pretty good for tomorrow at mhm. Why did this have to happen on the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    NOAA is looking pretty good for tomorrow at mhm. Why did this have to happen on the 2nd?
    Because Ullr is on a bender again and sees fit to torment us like a drunken stepfather?

The upside is that the ten-day outlook for both Hood and Bachelor is good; a steady progression of nickel and dime storms to help cover up all that... erm, base building precip we've been enjoying. However, this weekend is looking a might bit breezy. Nonetheless, I'm thinking of taking out the storm chasing party box and posting up in a parking lot for the weekend.

If you don't mind 60mph gusts on the chair, the skiing should be great... On the chairs that are spinning anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk