Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1735

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    HRC closed the trails down even for ride ups. Gonna be a long summer if this keeps up as I don't see the covid magically going away on a specific date

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-hjhZjhL2B/
    Yeah this sucks. Even after the trailhead closures and announced rules that you aren’t allowed to drive up to PC, plenty of people were still driving and parking.

The county’s plan was to leave trails open, but thanks to the idiocy of the masses (congregating at staging areas, acting like everything was normal), the sheriff’s dept pulled the plug.

All this even AFTER lots of signage and HRATS posting up their trailer below 7 streams with massive “do not park here” disclosures. Really hurts, especially since I live close to the trails...

Oof - that really sucks! People from opposite side of town or out of town ruining it if you live close enough to pedal there.

We don’t have quite the population density down here so I was surprised to learn that BLM has closed facilities but not access to some of our trails that are actually somewhat remote and not that hard to get hurt on ... assistance would definitely require county resources and piss off a lot of people.

If you are truly bored you can always do some urban MTB jibbing on stair stacks, grade changes and other features in front of all the closed businesses that aren’t there to give a damn ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    If you are truly bored you can always do some urban MTB jibbing on stair stacks, grade changes and other features in front of all the closed businesses that aren’t there to give a damn ...
    There is a 1/4 mile stretch of stairs downtown I’ve been eyeing up for a while...

Attachment 323656

Kreps Ranch has also closed all of their land to entry. It's kind of amazing to think about how few people will be in the woods this summer. I hope MHNF doesn't close the forest to recreation in undeveloped spots.

^^ I hope so too but it might happen... hoards of people were out and about, in groups, hanging out in the open, around government camp and skibowl today

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    ^^ I hope so too but it might happen... hoards of people were out and about, in groups, hanging out in the open, around government camp and skibowl today
    this is why we can't have nice things.
    I usually try to yell, "hey guys, 6 feet huh? my wife works in a hospital, thanks"

and yeah as mentioned already, the 6 feet is for short duration encounters, not for hanging out for hours in a driveway or parking lot.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^^^Carry a tape measure

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Kreps Ranch has also closed all of their land to entry. It's kind of amazing to think about how few people will be in the woods this summer. I hope MHNF doesn't close the forest to recreation in undeveloped spots.
    SDS too, pretty much every land management group within the gorge has shut it down. Glenwood and Trout lake have pitch forks out and ready for out of towners....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Never thought I’d say this but road biking is looking mighty fun right now. Gravel grinding still ain’t my style but i just might put on some Lycra and feel the freedom of wind on my loins this weekend.

Yep, been doing short loops around Powell Butte; very little traffic. I could get used to this.

Traffic is like 1980s in Central Oregon. Time to get the Summer fleet equipment ready. Lawnmowers check, Rototiller check, 4 wheelers check.....
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Time to trade out the snow tires...

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Traffic is like 1980s in Central Oregon.....
    You sound like a tourist

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    You sound like a tourist
    I'm a 44 yr Bend tourist.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

touring = so hot right now

Name:  1914995_1430980506353_5643846_n.jpg.jpeg
Views: 775
Size:  31.4 KB

The Wapta Icefield is pretty far away from central Oregon lolol

So Meadows is giving $100 credit for pass holders repurchasing for next season. Plus I have an unused free pass that's good for the first 2 weeks of next season. Good on Meadows, they didn't have to do shit, but this is above and beyond most other businesses.

WWBD (what will bachelor do)? Milk this to June then say sorry suckers? Let spring pass holders have a refund or just credit for next season?
    Are they doing a thing for regular pass holders...?

Haven't heard anything Mike. No doubt they are looking at the CARES programs to see what they can do to mitigate before offering something up to us.

After pulling up lame last April, I thought about buying pass insurance this year but didn't (lightning doesn't strike 2x in same place, right?). Wonder if it would have paid off in this situation? Likely not.

WWBD (what will bachelor do)? Milk this to June then say sorry suckers? Let spring pass holders have a refund or just credit for next season?
    Are they doing a thing for regular pass holders...?[/QUOTE]

I suspect that they will remember the regulars when they raise the price of a season pass.

Remember us and say "Ahh fuckem, where they gonna go?"

As a 4 pack holder, seems fair.

$150 for pass holders. Check website for details

...provided you pull the trigger by 5/31.
    Gonna call MtB today to see if pass insurance will cover govt shutdowns