Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I’m just jealous that you guys can argue over how to correctly measure snow and what system to measure said snow.
    Man I wish us over here could have such arguments, alas...

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Now you're speaking my language! 120CM = 1 pole length = 6 beers = 500 vinches

3 beer snowpack in central OR?
    Amendment needed to the photo. Every Oregonian knows that Bud Light isn’t beer.

I think I have 4 beer coverage just in my driveway. Sadly I have zero beer coverage in the fridge right now.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I acquired said brews from wife's stash
    Too lazy to drive to town. Pray for snow 10 barrel would be appropriate yes. I ski today that is all.
    yepper

I have beer coverage at the house...no snow tho

Got some coverage of both varieties here, and first turns of the season with the Mrs this afternoon...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4381.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	304554

Name:	IMG_4377.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	304555

Name:	IMG_4379.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	304556

Remy!

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Glad we have the new thread. Not loving the look of the extended forecast...

At least you fockers have skiable amounts of snow...

Legs are still sore, not sorry. Day 2 tomorrow before it might not.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Glad we have the new thread. Not loving the look of the extended forecast...
    We all know extended forecasts are inaccurate, unless they call for 1500ft snow levels and many inches of precip

Name:	20191205_115912.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	800.3 KB 
ID:	304929
    Bar30/#needsnow
    yepper

Not sure how Meadows plans to open lifts tomorrow when the HRE webcam shows no visible path through the rocks and stumps. Even if they get another 6"+ in the coming days, that's only going to conceal the obstacles and get people hurt before the season really starts. We got up there last Friday for their lower mountain preview day and the coverage was adequate, but that snow is cooked by now...

Quote Originally Posted by RipHood View Post
    Not sure how Meadows plans to open lifts tomorrow when the HRE webcam shows no visible path through the rocks and stumps. Even if they get another 6"+ in the coming days, that's only going to conceal the obstacles and get people hurt before the season really starts. We got up there last Friday for their lower mountain preview day and the coverage was adequate, but that snow is cooked by now...
    Break out the rock skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RipHood View Post
    Well you’re a fuckin buzzkill. Shut yer mouth and bust out rock skis or on3ps

the rocks have a nice layer of moss flora on hood. unlike montucky, where grazing a slight chocolate chip baby shark will take down the most seasoned of snow sliders

Name:  900x900px-LL-dfe61f39_sharkski-2.jpeg
Views: 2676
Size:  87.8 KB
    yepper

I went up to Meadows today. It was fine. It was fun. I skied fast. Did more than a few hard turns through the gravel. Generally aimed for all the dirty patches and grass piles. But yeah, there’s a fair bit less skiable terrain than there was last Sunday. The snow has settled a bit. Reminds me of skiing as a kid at Bear Paw Ski Bowl, in MT. Except it’s not 40 below zero... and the rocks aren’t razor sharp shale.

My rock skis of choice this year are the 191 Kartel 108s that I broke one of, and glued back together over the summer. Lowest maintenance rock ski ever, with those bulletproof bases. Will probably ski them all year if they continue to hold up to the abuse.

Some years the rock gear never see snow. Other seasons you ride them most of the time. Sigh
    yepper

MHM skied great today! Shooting star and stadium were spinning. Not too many sharks circling the boat, surprisingly. Some creamy fresh turns to be had off the groom, and it was fun working the legs again on bumped up terrain. Misting at the base when I left around 130, snowing lightly up high. If more snow is on the way tonight, tomorrow should be pretty damn good...

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Well you’re a fuckin buzzkill. Shut yer mouth and bust out rock skis or on3ps
    Agreed. My choices for tomorrow
    158 Sugar Daddy's on the right - my rock and OAS skis
    184? Skinny Wrens on the left - with fresh base grind

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	890.3 KB 
ID:	305269

Anybody notice that Bachelor has surreptitiously closed the entire mountain (except the cinder cone) to uphill skiers? Falling back on the old bad thinking habits?!

^^^Not sure how surreptitious it can be when they post it on their conditions page. This has been SOP until they get more of the mountain open

That 1-2” from Saturday night skied really well this AM. Creaminess on top of firm. Good day if you didn’t mind skiing the same few runs several times. Weather started coming in about 1100.

Winter may finally show up in Central Oregon. Forecast for Mt B

Tuesday NightSnow likely, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

WednesdaySnow likely, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. South wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Wednesday NightSnow. Low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

ThursdaySnow. High near 32. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Thursday NightSnow. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

FridaySnow likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday NightSnow showers likely, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.

SaturdaySnow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

Saturday NightA chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.

SundayA chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 27.

Yes, NOAA constantly overstates snow totals here, but its looking like a decent storm anyway...

Meadows skied amazing this afternoon... had star all to myself for 1 hr+. Bowls off express skied great - just follow the sun. Coverage is a lot better than the report would indicate, so stop making excuses and go ski!

Name:	IMG_4412.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	305507