Name:	Image1579062965.840338.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	310701
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Best Skibowl opening week possible.

Tonight was a frolic fest. No lines. No wind. Great visibility. Squeaky cold snow. People giggling midair as they careened off every rock or buried tree. Laughing out loud on landing, pass or fail. Constant stream of high spirited hoots, hollers, and cat calls from the chairs.

The snow was so perfect tonight. Deep and velvety. Even the chop was deep and velvety. The place went from unskiable to unbeatable in a week. Everything is filled in. All the cliffs, rock jumps, and high angle drops are set up with bottomless landing zones. Unbelievable.

Can confirm, yesterday was epic sauce. Source: i was there.

Rad to get more laps with Leftyt and his brother. Great to meet and rip with K2skier and thefortrees. The maggotry is real! Pics when I get a chance; about to board for Jackson for more pow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0384.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	310725

I able to catch the last run down into Heather. Most excellent. It’s been a long time since I’ve skied Heather with so few skiers. The solitude was excellent.

Name:	IMG_0385.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	261.4 KB 
ID:	310726

The cornices were getting spicy by the end of the day.

Fuck, I love skiing. Days like yesterday reminded me how good it can really be to there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Fuck, I love skiing. Days like yesterday reminded me how good it can really be to there.
    Yesterday is permanently filed in the skiing spank bank. Will revisit those memories frequently and often.

What's the plan today? For those there for last call y'day, what is your prediction for soft, chunky leftovers round about 1-2pm today? Looks like a modest amount of refill coming in around that time. I could ski until 7 or 8pm and offer a base camp for a dinner break, pending clearance from wife (likely) and work-related surprises (unknown until 9am).

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    What's the plan today? For those there for last call y'day, what is your prediction for soft, chunky leftovers round about 1-2pm today? Looks like a modest amount of refill coming in around that time. I could ski until 7 or 8pm and offer a base camp for a dinner break, pending clearance from wife (likely) and work-related surprises (unknown until 9am).
    I'll be working until mid-afternoon and plan to ski late afternoon/night to make up for the extended session yesterday (my plan to arrive at 10 and leave by 12pm changed quickly...). Will text you when I'm heading up.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    I was one of the last to leave the lot yesterday and it was still snowing with intent. Even the last hour the lifts were spinning, there was very little skier traffic. My last run of the day was down 2 Bowl and most of it was untracked. In addition to the overnight accumulation, the wind (re)loading will also be good.

The snow is unusually light so what cut-up chunder there is, it's rather fluffy and soft.

SEND IT! Huck your meat. Post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Yesterday is permanently filed in the skiing spank bank. Will revisit those memories frequently and often.
    HAHA! FKNA right! One of my all-time top ten and easily one of the best at MHM I've ever had.

Expect a shitshow this weekend with digital marketing like this. I mean, they're not lying, but... yeah...

https://www.skihood.com/en/about-us/...tions-in-a-dec

"Major Winter Storm opens Legendary Heather Canyon Best Powder Conditions in a Decade"

They failed to mention the shift in the physical nature of the precipitation. But I'm sure they'll have some ponchos in the pro shop for this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Best quality snow of the cycle
    Awesome pics! Bummed to miss out on this cycle, but glad that you guys are up there taking advantage...and bringing back the pics
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 01-15-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks, Fortress. Been thinking of getting a hand pump for hut trips. PSA, the other dive shop in town on Greenwood is filling canisters now. Nice folks.

Welp. I’m using another sick day tomorrow.

It’s been a rough week....... *cough*

I’ll be at Meadows in the morning with my youngest kiddo. Depending on whether she wants to do an all day lesson, maybe I’ll be able to meet up with one, some, or all y’all.

Hoodoo for me tomorrow. It is looking good. If anyone wants to meet up for some laps let me know. Thrifty Thursday!

So rad to see the Northwest going off! Sweet pics everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Expect a shitshow this weekend with digital marketing like this. I mean, they're not lying, but... yeah...

https://www.skihood.com/en/about-us/...tions-in-a-dec

"Major Winter Storm opens Legendary Heather Canyon Best Powder Conditions in a Decade"
    Better than the best snow on earth? Come ski the legendary pow of Oregon. Utah better watch its back....
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Mattig and myself are heading up for night skiing. Any other takers?

Will probably be at meadows tomorrow. Should be in hrm lot relatively early.

Temira is predicting a period of freezing ra*n or slop between 4 and 7 tonight, but i don't know how likely that is with temps in the low 20s. I would love to hear a conditions report from you folks up there.

Just got back home. It was good today. certainly good conditions for throwing the carcass around. God's was spicy. a cloud moved in around 11 and hung out mid mountain but only dropped minimal snow. Was cold when I left still so hopefully freezin rain doesn't come

Snow still very soft and deep. Snowing now, so the precip is cooperating so far! Will update layer

Heard about this tree well incident at Bachy that occurred on Tuesday. Wasn't sure if it had been posted.

https://centraloregondaily.com/%E2%9...-skiing-alone/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Best quality snow of the cycle

Name:	Image1579062946.197348.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	310700

Name:	Image1579062965.840338.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	310701
    Nice snaps as always J
    Plenty of deep blower left for today. Much wee wee tingling to be had, but fuckin cold - wind chill ~ -10-15.
    Jonesy tried 192 GPOs - declared them “fuckin’ awesome”

Left mhm 30 mins ago. Still snowing from up high all the way down to Odell