Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1735
    Quote Originally Posted by rotarypower101 View Post
    Does anyone have any details on passes for the 2020/2021 season for last year getting cut short?

I think at Meadows they may have a bit of a discount?
    https://www.skihood.com/resort-servi...s-announcement

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    no fucking way — what warp speed are you driving?
    1:30 to mhm when it’s dry — I’m a snail i guess
    So, i drove it yesterday: dry, 5.30am, no other vehicles...1:09 to junction of 35...I’m sticking with my number

seems like decent news out of MHM for pass holders
    likely more of a cluster than they are letting on...i foresee folks gettting turned away at the the lot sim to past seasons...they will need to be vigilant on the “family drop off” option where they’ve conceded that with fewer buses in action they need to allow some vehicles into the lot purely for drop off.

Weekday season, since they changed the definition of a season pass and pricing...but really works out fine for lines...

Also is there a place to try and pair up with local people, think I am losing my riding buddy this season due to lack of schools providing a place for the little ones.
    this is the place to meet locals to ride with. I am guessing most people in this thread are going to be up at MHM. I probably will not go over there until spring pass time if at all IDK. hmu if you want to ski some Timberlaps or the mole hole though, also if the road opens back up to HooDoo I will be game to go for the discount Thursdays

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    no fucking way — what warp speed are you driving?
    1:30 to mhm when it’s dry — I’m a snail i guess

i emailed mhm this morning about when they’re gonna announce, but haven’t heard back
    glad to hear that report, tft
    This was my reaction too, but it looks like tualatin gives you a pretty straight shot up 205 and then over. Avg speed would be about 58. Possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    This was my reaction too, but it looks like tualatin gives you a pretty straight shot up 205 and then over. Avg speed would be about 58. Possible...
    The 40 and 45 mph zones up past Sandy, and Sandy itself really slow it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    In Tualatin, I could be on 205 @ Stafford Rd in under five minutes. It was 69 miles to the main lot access road.

It was 67 miles from my house in Hillsdale to the access road, so avg speed = 57 from there. Was three minutes to I5 @ Terwilliger.

And I never exceeded 30 in Sandy either...at least not after the ticket...

It’s the stop lights and surface streets that kill time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The 40 and 45 mph zones up past Sandy, and Sandy itself really slow it all down.
    For sure they do, but I wish more people followed them.

Praise Jah!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Weekday season, since they changed the definition of a season pass and pricing...but really works out fine for lines...

Also is there a place to try and pair up with local people, think I am losing my riding buddy this season due to lack of schools providing a place for the little ones.
    I think you could find people here to meetup with. There are also a lot of facebook groups to meet skiers but I would guess TGR brings out a more hardcore skier w a higher ability level.

Most of my ski buddies are my summer climbing friends. As we all got older we started migrating more towards skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Showers in CO and clouds. Finally clean air.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Ok, what fucking thread are we using? Damn that sexy pink gorilla and his rule bending.

Anyway, chiming in on lap times.

From 11 miles west of the tunnel it takes me 96 minutes to the main lot. Add 5-10 if snow in Sandy. We leave at 515am though.

-10 minutes without the camper.

Every 5 minute delay in starting adds 15 minutes to my drive.

If you leave late you will wait.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Some MHM info for 20/21 operations.

^^^ “available capacity far exceeds our demand”

That’s a disappointing and bullshit marketing strategy because they are saying that skiing at 5, 6, 7, or 8pm is an equivalent product to skiing at 9 or 10am. If it’s nuking, sure, but night skiing when it hasn’t snowed in a while is a totally different product than skiing at 9am when it hasn’t snowed in a while...

Masters at cooking the books I guess

It’s called “Marketing”

Spin doctors

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    ^^^ “available capacity far exceeds our demand”
    Isn't that biggest days at Meadows, including nearly every weekend and holiday?

I guess that is a better approach than limiting for the entire day. Making some turns, and a lower rate is better than not making turns at all. That said, I've always been an early to the lot and early to leave kind of guy. It looks like I am not unique based on their usage over time. Also, who would have known the weekends are so much busier than the weekdays. Nice guidance they are giving to try to get up weekdays...I would have never thought of that. Time to send a memo to the boss...

Not a word about group sales or competition days in that vid...two big factors in weekend crowding

[not that i wish bad things to racers, they need to get training time...but there isn't just one race team at meadows, esp with the team expansions for freeride that have expanded over recent years]

I'd think, (hope) that buses wont be a thing this winter either

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I'd think, (hope) that buses wont be a thing this winter either
    Concur. Minimal ski school as well.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    ... That said, I've always been an early to the lot and early to leave kind of guy....
    I used to be until I moved back. Now, with the length of the drive it take to get to Meadows, and the almost-assuredly longer drive home, I now stay the whole day and when I had a pass, a bit of night skiing, as well. It's no longer the quick trip on the weekends it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I used to be until I moved back. Now, with the length of the drive it take to get to Meadows, and the almost-assuredly longer drive home, I now stay the whole day and when I had a pass, a bit of night skiing, as well. It's no longer the quick trip on the weekends it used to be.
    Fair enough. In all honesty, I have little business posting about Meadows. I grew up skiing there, but have not been there often for a long time. Instead, we bite the bullet and take the the long drive to Central Orgegon for Bachelor weekends. My wife prefers the wide runs and gentle grade. Who am I to argue? I miss the steeper terrain, but sure don't miss the crowds...

Good luck to all this winter! It is going to be a strange one!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Good luck to all this winter! It is going to be a strange one!
    La Niña, brah