Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1735
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OK, I'm now hearing that reservations to ski will be required too - guidance to be announced after the deadline for season pass refunds have passed...
    Where are you getting this information?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Got to lock in that cash flow, dick move.
    In fairness, what I heard was speculation, no insider knowledge
    But this is TGR, so that should be obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    And then what happens to pass holders if Bend ICU bed count runs low again like it did back in July, and the county public health department forces the resort to close? What do they do for pass holders? What do they do for uphill access?

Too many questions, too many variables - lots of uncertainty. If you can deal with that, cool.
    There’s a sliding scale refund on passes if ops are closed for certain number of days - 30 total or seven consecutive IIRC.

No matter the adjustments, I and others who can ski midweek will figure out how to game, err maximize value from, whatever rules are in place.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I may still get a week down in Bend and hopefully tourons will be able to get a ticket in advance. The week between xmas and New Years, I wonder if it will be busy?
    Gonna likely depend whether any outbreak will be severe enough to scare tourists off. I’m not optimistic. City of Bend politely asked tourists to PLEASE STAY THE FUCK AWAY WE DON’T WANT YOUR COOTIES this summer. That wasn’t effective.

Gonna likely depend whether any outbreak will be severe enough to scare tourists off. I’m not optimistic. City of Bend politely asked tourists to PLEASE STAY THE FUCK AWAY WE DON’T WANT YOUR COOTIES this summer. That wasn’t effective.
    Unluckily for you, I don't consider myself a tourist!

Just got off the phone with a customer service rep at MHM to finalize my season pass. He said no reservations required for all-access passholders, but value passholders and day ticket purchases will require reservations.

This could turn out to be a very good season...

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Unluckily for you, I don't consider myself a tourist!
    If you have to travel more than 2 hrs to ski somewhere, you’re a tourist.
    But you wore a mask, kept your distance and bought me lunch when you were here last, so you get a pass...

But you wore a mask, kept your distance and bought me lunch when you were here last, so you get a pass...
    The way he drives its 1 hr 58 mins 23 secs.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

west side of portland is rek'ed then on a snow day

Fuck, in that case, nearly all of Portland skiing Meadows are tourists. Maybe now we won't be due to less traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    and every weekend, unless you get in the lot by 7:30

great news from MHM fortress

Name:  20200826_205158.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  66.8 KB

Got to lock in that cash flow, dick move.
    Agreed. However, they will be starving for cash this season. They are going to have a fraction of cash flow for operations this season, so they are going to be counting pennies.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    One hour 10 min from Wilson HS to Meadows on a snow day when I lived in PDX. One hr 15 from Tualatin. Just gotta leave before 0600

Just got off the phone with a customer service rep at MHM to finalize my season pass. He said no reservations required for all-access passholders, but value passholders and day ticket purchases will require reservations.

Fucking fantastic! Been trying to get in touch with them via email for a week now with similar questions, but no dice. Thanks for the info.

You just made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One hour 10 min from Wilson HS to Meadows on a snow day when I lived in PDX. One hr 15 from Tualatin. Just gotta leave before 0600
    no fucking way — what warp speed are you driving?
    1:30 to mhm when it’s dry — I’m a snail i guess

i emailed mhm this morning about when they’re gonna announce, but haven’t heard back
    glad to hear that report, tft

https://www.skihood.com/about-us/mea...dzzTAi7_Juydfs

http://skihoodoo.com/the-mountain/webcams/

anyone know any more about how they faired up at Hoodoo? webcams look good like maybe it is a fire camp or something so hopefully the area was all good. west side of the canyon is a disaster area so my ability to be a tourist up there is dependent on them getting the road open. would like to stop in the markets in the canyon towns along the way for snacks but wonder if it might be a while before that happens. smoke is still making my eyes watery

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

I’m not aware of anything that came close to the Doo, and that area is pretty used to massive winds anyways right?

I don’t see 22, 126, 242 opening anytime soon. Listening to the state presser right now, lots of unstable land in burn areas above various closed roads and highways. Active rockfall happening as we speak. Rains will mess this up. Lots of drone flights and geotechnical analysis to be done before opening various road segments. 242 didn’t burn but I mention it because I’m sure there’s so much blowdown on the west side and it’s a super low priority, not needed for economic activity compared to 22 and 126.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

No reports of fire @The Do that I’ve heard. That parking lot is used a lot as a WFF base camp - lot of room for equipment and rotorcraft

The Do is my house in South Eugene (Do is my last name) and didn’t burn but my neighborhood is a wildfire death trap.

The Doo is up near Santiam Pass and I don’t think it’s become overgrown since the B&B fires, but I could see some of the B&B burned trees on the mountain having been knocked down in the wind. Not really any trees anywhere near resort infrastructure - awesome defensible space around the Lodge, though there are some medium trees near the cat hangers that could pose a threat if ladder fuels aren’t cleared.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    The Do is my house in South Eugene (Do is my last name) and didn’t burn but my neighborhood is a wildfire death trap.

The Doo is up near Santiam Pass and I don’t think it’s become overgrown since the B&B fires, but I could see some of the B&B burned trees on the mountain having been knocked down in the wind. Not really any trees anywhere near resort infrastructure - awesome defensible space around the Lodge, though there are some medium trees near the cat hangers that could pose a threat if ladder fuels aren’t cleared.
    how is the skiing @The Do in S. Eugene? Some pretty steep hills up there if I recall correct

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

My property is no steeper than the landfills outside of Minneapolis, but when we were in process of closing our house right after the 2019 snowstorm hit, I found piles of gloves and scarves from the neighborhood folks using what is now my property as a sledding hill!

If Spencer Butte ever gets enough snow to bury the vegetation and downed crap, I’d definitely skin up there for a lap, at least until I buried my tip and face into a log ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Does anyone have any details on passes for the 2020/2021 season for last year getting cut short?

I think at Meadows they may have a bit of a discount?

Meadows is doing s discount. I think it is $100 but may depend on what type of pass you have.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Meadows is doing s discount. I think it is $100 but may depend on what type of pass you have.
    Weekday season, since they changed the definition of a season pass and pricing...but really works out fine for lines...

Also is there a place to try and pair up with local people, think I am losing my riding buddy this season due to lack of schools providing a place for the little ones.