Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    If it's less than $300/sq ft, it's cheaper than where I'm at now. All about the acreage though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Can it park a boat AND a trailer?

Gonna make an appearance Sat and test my status again

I look forward to seeing all of Portland in the lot

Go to Hoodoo. Very fun place. Great times by all today. Almost too much fresh snow turned quickly into a mindboggeling and exhausting chop. It snowed a bunch when I took my lunch break and then it was somehow smoother and more intuitive. I started having more and more fun riding the choped up soft snow and ended up riding until they kicked me off of green and then continued on Ed. Probably have more and more fun the more you learn the place. $25 Thursday good from 9-9 is the best deal in skiing right now. Locals are stoked about the good conditions right now and I was surprised about how many people were there today. Today was busy but it was ski on every chair. Parking lot was kinda full tho and just Thursday. I would bet money that MHM and TLine park out Saturday though so to be safe I'd just plan to arrive very early so you can get first chair or wait until lunch or later since they are open til unitl after dark
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How does Hoodoo handle storms and holiday crowds? Thinking about driving on past Hood and the likely shitshow, and straight to Hoodoo this saturday.

^I hear Willamette Pass is burried and they have a freaking 6 pack so I imagine they clear out any potential lines there very fast. Also probably more steeper than the dew overall

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Thanks river and deebased! Looks like a great day.

Sounds par for the course in gods. Came up on more than a couple folks slicing pizza in jacks the other day ��������
    Not sure how gnar you want to get by there's a ton of lines filled in on S&R that I've never seen before, lots of ways to cool stuff to pick through by the hanging dead tree.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    ^I hear Willamette Pass is burried and they have a freaking 6 pack so I imagine they clear out any potential lines there very fast. Also probably more steeper than the dew overall
    Steeper but less sustained vert than Doo. No lines at either place. Try em both of you want.

I feel like the skiers are of a higher overall caliber at WP. No real cell service at WP (it’s there but really spotty) vs great 4G/LTE at Hoodoo, and Hoodoo as a much better lodge if you are traveling with a partner/family. Both are micro resorts that are fun in great conditions, very uninspiring in poor conditions!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Once again, I look out the office window, and the snow is flying. Work buddy took a half day. Said he had to clear his goggles off from rime ice build up riding Outback. So there's that tiny bit of solace. But snow sounds good up there right now.
    Last edited by Toadman; 01-17-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Bachy is delivering today. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Bachy is delivering today. Wow.
    Leave some for tomorrow...please?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Once again, I look out the office window, and the snow is flying. Work buddy took a half day. Said he had to clear his goggles off from rime ice build up riding Outback. So there's that tiny bit of solace. But snow sounds good up there right now.
    It skied deeper than the reported 2”. Uncut freshies and wee wee tingling turns still available but you gotta work for them now. Viz sucked with fog and blowing snow. Ullr was vigorously shaking the snow globe.

Rime was prevalent everywhere after about 1100 - needed to clean lenses about every 90 secs. Ended up leading Puma’s dad into a terrain park on sky while blindly trying to get back to SRX. By the time I got to the car there was about a mm of ice everywhere

OTOH he was able to gaze upon the beauty of the lovely liftie Aiden - Puma, have him describe her to ya...

PSA, If you bought any lift ticket, rental or lesson product at MHM for last Sat (wind day closure) you have been comped the same product in your customer profile. It doesn't matter if you used it in the morning or not.

Bring on the weekend. See you up there at 7, no I mean 6, actually better make that 5. Lots might set a record for earliest fill, but still no competition to Crystal in the cluster factor.

PS, Everyone knows Lyle is the droid you're looking for.

7am will still be 2nd row. Spring skiing on Sunday!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=SchralphMacchio;fun in great conditions![/QUOTE]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1102.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	311267

Definitely fun at the Pass yesterday

How's 58 westbound from 97 to WP open?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

If I don't end up in Baker City retired something went wrong.

Looking a property in la grande.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Gonna make an appearance Sat and test my status again

I look forward to seeing all of Portland in the lot
    Dang boy and his stoopid job is "making" me go up on a Saturday. HRM lot at 8:00

Git sum fellas! I bet hrm lines will be short...

Get to HR and the boy forgot his jacket

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Get to HR and the boy forgot his jacket
    What size, just got up here and I have an extra.

Edit: Just read "job". My little guy is 5 so probably the wrong size.

Quote Originally Posted by Verde View Post

Name:	IMG_1102.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	311267

Definitely fun at the Pass yesterday
    Yeee Haw!

The Doo was awesome yesterday... and outrageously empty for Friday of a holiday weekend.

Manzanita plants in the less traveled part of the mountain are mostly buried now, and the snow around it is supportable. Some big ass tree wells in wind loaded areas, be careful especially if riding alone ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    How's 58 westbound from 97 to WP open?
    What do you mean, did it close? I’ve never seen it close on the east side ... but there are some storms that I definitely wouldn’t take Crescent Cutoff rod and would rather stay on 58/97 well south of Gilchrist.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

Chopped up northwest pow sort of day
    Breezy with wet snow
    Skiing is fun but not at all like the earlier week’s conditions

The boy & his friend

Name:	490C774F-C45A-4809-BEF3-FDD861C05643.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	311333

Name:	F3119FEB-8E50-4012-A7C2-0CB35D5D93D7.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	311334

Name:	24360C21-9976-41BA-AA47-862F67573A3E.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	711.8 KB 
ID:	311335

I skied more than I should, but it was worth it

Good times. Viz wasn't the greatest up top. A bit of rime on Outback, but that's not unusual. Nice 5" or so and snowing. Nice soft turns were had.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    What size, just got up here and I have an extra.

Edit: Just read "job". My little guy is 5 so probably the wrong size.
    Lol. Ya, he's 26. Luckily I just zipped in my liner that can be used as an outer layer , with an extra base layer he's was fine until the snow went to slick snot at 12.