Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1739
    http://skihoodoo.com/the-mountain/webcams/

anyone know any more about how they faired up at Hoodoo? webcams look good like maybe it is a fire camp or something so hopefully the area was all good. west side of the canyon is a disaster area so my ability to be a tourist up there is dependent on them getting the road open. would like to stop in the markets in the canyon towns along the way for snacks but wonder if it might be a while before that happens. smoke is still making my eyes watery

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

Iím not aware of anything that came close to the Doo, and that area is pretty used to massive winds anyways right?

I donít see 22, 126, 242 opening anytime soon. Listening to the state presser right now, lots of unstable land in burn areas above various closed roads and highways. Active rockfall happening as we speak. Rains will mess this up. Lots of drone flights and geotechnical analysis to be done before opening various road segments. 242 didnít burn but I mention it because Iím sure thereís so much blowdown on the west side and itís a super low priority, not needed for economic activity compared to 22 and 126.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

No reports of fire @The Do that I’ve heard. That parking lot is used a lot as a WFF base camp - lot of room for equipment and rotorcraft
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

The Do is my house in South Eugene (Do is my last name) and didnít burn but my neighborhood is a wildfire death trap.

The Doo is up near Santiam Pass and I donít think itís become overgrown since the B&B fires, but I could see some of the B&B burned trees on the mountain having been knocked down in the wind. Not really any trees anywhere near resort infrastructure - awesome defensible space around the Lodge, though there are some medium trees near the cat hangers that could pose a threat if ladder fuels arenít cleared.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    The Do is my house in South Eugene (Do is my last name) and didnít burn but my neighborhood is a wildfire death trap.

The Doo is up near Santiam Pass and I donít think itís become overgrown since the B&B fires, but I could see some of the B&B burned trees on the mountain having been knocked down in the wind. Not really any trees anywhere near resort infrastructure - awesome defensible space around the Lodge, though there are some medium trees near the cat hangers that could pose a threat if ladder fuels arenít cleared.
    how is the skiing @The Do in S. Eugene? Some pretty steep hills up there if I recall correct

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

My property is no steeper than the landfills outside of Minneapolis, but when we were in process of closing our house right after the 2019 snowstorm hit, I found piles of gloves and scarves from the neighborhood folks using what is now my property as a sledding hill!

If Spencer Butte ever gets enough snow to bury the vegetation and downed crap, Iíd definitely skin up there for a lap, at least until I buried my tip and face into a log ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Does anyone have any details on passes for the 2020/2021 season for last year getting cut short?

I think at Meadows they may have a bit of a discount?

Meadows is doing s discount. I think it is $100 but may depend on what type of pass you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Meadows is doing s discount. I think it is $100 but may depend on what type of pass you have.
    Weekday season, since they changed the definition of a season pass and pricing...but really works out fine for lines...

Also is there a place to try and pair up with local people, think I am losing my riding buddy this season due to lack of schools providing a place for the little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rotarypower101 View Post
    Does anyone have any details on passes for the 2020/2021 season for last year getting cut short?

I think at Meadows they may have a bit of a discount?
    https://www.skihood.com/resort-servi...s-announcement

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    no fucking way — what warp speed are you driving?
    1:30 to mhm when it’s dry — I’m a snail i guess
    So, i drove it yesterday: dry, 5.30am, no other vehicles...1:09 to junction of 35...I’m sticking with my number

seems like decent news out of MHM for pass holders
    likely more of a cluster than they are letting on...i foresee folks gettting turned away at the the lot sim to past seasons...they will need to be vigilant on the “family drop off” option where they’ve conceded that with fewer buses in action they need to allow some vehicles into the lot purely for drop off.

Weekday season, since they changed the definition of a season pass and pricing...but really works out fine for lines...

Also is there a place to try and pair up with local people, think I am losing my riding buddy this season due to lack of schools providing a place for the little ones.
    this is the place to meet locals to ride with. I am guessing most people in this thread are going to be up at MHM. I probably will not go over there until spring pass time if at all IDK. hmu if you want to ski some Timberlaps or the mole hole though, also if the road opens back up to HooDoo I will be game to go for the discount Thursdays

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    no fucking way — what warp speed are you driving?
    1:30 to mhm when it’s dry — I’m a snail i guess

i emailed mhm this morning about when they’re gonna announce, but haven’t heard back
    glad to hear that report, tft
    This was my reaction too, but it looks like tualatin gives you a pretty straight shot up 205 and then over. Avg speed would be about 58. Possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    This was my reaction too, but it looks like tualatin gives you a pretty straight shot up 205 and then over. Avg speed would be about 58. Possible...
    The 40 and 45 mph zones up past Sandy, and Sandy itself really slow it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    In Tualatin, I could be on 205 @ Stafford Rd in under five minutes. It was 69 miles to the main lot access road.

It was 67 miles from my house in Hillsdale to the access road, so avg speed = 57 from there. Was three minutes to I5 @ Terwilliger.

And I never exceeded 30 in Sandy either...at least not after the ticket...

It’s the stop lights and surface streets that kill time.
    www.ullrlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The 40 and 45 mph zones up past Sandy, and Sandy itself really slow it all down.
    For sure they do, but I wish more people followed them.

Praise Jah!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I think you could find people here to meetup with. There are also a lot of facebook groups to meet skiers but I would guess TGR brings out a more hardcore skier w a higher ability level.

Most of my ski buddies are my summer climbing friends. As we all got older we started migrating more towards skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Showers in CO and clouds. Finally clean air.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Ok, what fucking thread are we using? Damn that sexy pink gorilla and his rule bending.

Anyway, chiming in on lap times.

From 11 miles west of the tunnel it takes me 96 minutes to the main lot. Add 5-10 if snow in Sandy. We leave at 515am though.

-10 minutes without the camper.

Every 5 minute delay in starting adds 15 minutes to my drive.

If you leave late you will wait.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Some MHM info for 20/21 operations.

^^^ ďavailable capacity far exceeds our demandĒ

Thatís a disappointing and bullshit marketing strategy because they are saying that skiing at 5, 6, 7, or 8pm is an equivalent product to skiing at 9 or 10am. If itís nuking, sure, but night skiing when it hasnít snowed in a while is a totally different product than skiing at 9am when it hasnít snowed in a while...

Masters at cooking the books I guess

It’s called “Marketing”
    www.ullrlabs.com