Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1735
    We are a maybe for Friday and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Hey man you just haven’t seen the right set on the other gender

Attachment 318925
    Tiittttaaaaayyyzzz!!!!!

Jeezus, TFT. Put down the skittles.

She shoulda dropped ya for Tom Hanks when she had the chance.

Fucking GAAAAAG

plech

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Seven tracks on the cone today, if anyone cares.
    Groom was neither Epic nor Ikonic but still quite nice. Off the groom was “variable”
    Meetup isn’t until end of month. Plenty of time to buy a house
    Well, mine were the first tracks, other than the critter that started the skin track, but it was not easy to follow.
    Thanks on the timing. I haven't been paying attention as much as I should...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Anyone been up on Adams lately? I know it's way too early to avoid a long road slog, but all this high pressure and warm temps has me thinking...

Raoul: more snow will come.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200306_130559.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	781.6 KB 
ID:	319590
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

So, here's what I show so far for attendance at the MtB Mini 3/28-30. Please advise re: corrections

::: ::: +1 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    Mattig +2 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    ACH +2 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday + rest of week
    K2skier112 + 1 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    TBS +1 - Saturday, maybe Sunday, Monday
    Jonesy +1 - Maybe Sunday, Monday
    Teh Poacher - Saturday, Sunday (tell Tor she's welcome too)
    Ryan13 - Saturday, Sunday
    Flyoverland Captive - Saturday, Sunday (once he clears his schedule)
    Toadman - Saturday, Sunday (once he gets his schedule together)
    Puma + 2 - Saturday (no maybe's)

Still need to hear from:
    Tap
    Forty
    Fortrees
    Klaus
    And a callout to Taoslcl - you know we met on a chair at Taos in Feb 2009...
    Who else?

Note - some of us - Poacher, Jonesy Puma and I at least - will also be skiing on Friday, 3/27 @ time TBD, to include a birthday celebration. The mountain will remain open until 7PM that night with $15 buddy passes available for skiing 4PM to close. Sing out if interested so we can try to round up enough passholders to accommodate.

Once we get attendance sorta figured out, we can figure out food/beverage. What's everyone think about Saturday (at least) for a group lunch. I can bring a dry rubbed tri-tip or two to roast if someone has a grill that will sear 3-4 lbs of cow. And beer. And brownies.

Jonesy is working on commemorative stickers.

Other ideas/thoughts?

Dammit, I’m out; gotta be a witness at a wedding in Pacific City on Sat.

Monday is a possibility, but not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Anyone been up on Adams lately? I know it's way too early to avoid a long road slog, but all this high pressure and warm temps has me thinking...
    If you're up for a sufferfest I might be down when the forecast looks good. I have done the start walking at 1am thing in the past. Potato hill says you're not getting anywhere close to morrison with a truck. Snow pack is strong at 4500. Helens looks to be the better option at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’ll be in at some point. Undetermined as of yet.

🤙🏼
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

Am I wrong or can Bobby not sing well? If he wasn’t in the GD he wouldn’t get airtime. The Birdsong arrangement is great tho and the jam highlights his rhythm guitar prowess.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

I don’t think any of them could really sing, however insiders always considered Pigpen as one of the best blues vocalists of the genre. Bobby certainly had his moments over the years, dropping plenty of panties in his wake on nights like this.

To me, that was part of the allure. Standing there with 2000-60,000 of your closest friends at a show, it was never intimidating to add your own horrible voice to the house mix!
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

Three kids from Sisters HS are competing at the Western States High School Regional Alpine Ski Champions next week at Mammoth.
    Props to Evan, Bela and George for taking first, second and third in GS at State Championships.
    Not bad for a town of 2200. Go Outlaws!

So, here's what I show so far for attendance at the MtB Mini 3/28-30. Please advise re: corrections

::: ::: +1 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    Mattig +2 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    ACH +2 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday + rest of week
    K2skier112 + 1 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    TBS +1 - Saturday, maybe Sunday, Monday
    Jonesy +1 - Maybe Sunday, Monday
    Teh Poacher - Saturday, Sunday (tell Tor she's welcome too)
    Ryan13 - Saturday, Sunday
    Flyoverland Captive - Saturday, Sunday (once he clears his schedule)
    Toadman - Saturday, Sunday (once he gets his schedule together)
    Puma + 2 - Saturday (no maybe's)

Still need to hear from:
    Tap
    Forty
    Fortrees
    Klaus
    Who else?

Note - some of us - Poacher, Jonesy Puma and I at least - will also be skiing on Friday, 3/27 @ time TBD, to include a birthday celebration. The mountain will remain open until 7PM that night with $15 buddy passes available for skiing 4PM to close. Sing out if interested so we can try to round up enough passholders to accommodate.

Once we get attendance sorta figured out, we can figure out food/beverage. What's everyone think about Saturday (at least) for a group lunch. I can bring a dry rubbed tri-tip or two to roast if someone has a grill that will sear 3-4 lbs of cow. And beer. And brownies.

Jonesy is working on commemorative stickers.

Other ideas/thoughts?
    I’m in, unsure of exact dates though. I’ve been mia, real life work stuff finally hit and I haven’t skied in a week... wtf? Getting back into it on Friday

Very cool! But just remember that no one will care if you hike the cone...

Who else? Paging schralphmachio and Forty...

I’m a last minute decision!

Have been reserving my scant free weekend days to train for an April ski mountaineering trip to Norway (Lyngen Alps) - but all this travel ban insanity and the risk of me getting stuck somewhere not being able to get back to my home at a pre scheduled time might force me to cancel my trip entirely ... if my trip is off then we’ll do our best to make it!

Sorry for the off thread rant, I’m just pissed because Lyngen is having a historically deep season and meanwhile there is so much uncertainty right now around travel, quarantine, etc.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Getting stuck in Norway. Hmmm
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Who else?
    Whoa, that's some crazy memory right there! I met a few mags during that time...would love to make some new connections in Bend. I should be able to come up either Sat or Sun. Have prego wife at home but can escape for 1 weekend day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

From Meadows' blog post on CV and their operations status: "We are fortunate that the activities we enjoy here on the mountain, naturally provide social distancing"

This is obviously total BS. How is standing in a crowded lift line, riding a full chair, or sitting at a full table in a crowded lodge considered social distancing? I'm not saying that I want Meadows to shut down (quite the contrary) but that is a straight up lie IMO. What are everybody's thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    From Meadows' blog post on CV and their operations status: "We are fortunate that the activities we enjoy here on the mountain, naturally provide social distancing"

This is obviously total BS. How is standing in a crowded lift line, riding a full chair, or sitting at a full table in a crowded lodge considered social distancing? I'm not saying that I want Meadows to shut down (quite the contrary) but that is a straight up lie IMO. What are everybody's thoughts on this?
    gonna stay out of the lodge for as much as i'm able...otherwise, as long as it's cold, we're all pretty bundled up...

as spring weather hits, then layers & gloves start to come off...then it gets a little more dependent on whether we see any illness spikes in local population

fwiw, i cancelled my PT (at a hospital campus) and a doc visit, just to stay away from concentrations of possibly sick folks
    working from a home office is certainly reassuring

still planning on Bachy bbi

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post
    Whoa, that's some crazy memory right there! I met a few mags during that time...would love to make some new connections in Bend. I should be able to come up either Sat or Sun. Have prego wife at home but can escape for 1 weekend day.
    That day turned into the best birthday of my life.
    - Skied 3' of incredibly light, uncut pow on an uncrowded clear, cold day,
    - was gifted large quantities of really dank kind by a white dreadlocked hitchhiker I took back to town
    - got big-time lost after dropping off hitchhiker and,
    - once I found my way back to the hotel with the help of two fifth-gen Taosenos, had wild monkey sex with a woman who'd been getting
    free drinks and lots of attention courtesy of various men at Doc Martins.

So it was memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post

I, for one, am shocked that a ski area would disseminate false information.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I, for one, am shocked that a ski area would disseminate false information.
    It’s a bluebird pow day up at mhm today ya know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1584043479.437481.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	320006

FYI - Both Meadows & Hoodoo demos have been cancelled.

Re: Social Distancing at resorts - could be done (2 per quad, spread lift lines, shut down lodges) but obviously would require enforcement and buy in. Even at the grocery store right now you can tell people just have no idea.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....