Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65
Results 1,601 to 1,621 of 1621
    Yup - and you can put the bar down if you've had too many
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yup - and you can put the bar down if you've had too many
    "Mind if I bring the BAM DOWN?" Might be a good idea to wear a helmet when team drinking on this device

Name:  20191010_182733.png
Views: 1032
Size:  214.0 KB
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Name:  20191010_182733.png
Views: 1032
Size:  214.0 KB
    Decisions, decisions...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Wanted to ask about any beta on Cottage Grove outside Eugene. My uncle passed and had a couple acres backed to a small river. A couple parcels with older units he rents. One parcel is zoned RC commercial.

My question revolves around if this town could be a landing spot into the future for metro exodus. The agent I’ve been speaking with says area has large interest of San Diego and LA area transplants. Which coincidentally my uncle lived in both before he bought this place almost 10 yrs ago.

Wondering if I entertain as an investment and long term hold. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Wanted to ask about any beta on Cottage Grove outside Eugene. My uncle passed and had a couple acres backed to a small river. A couple parcels with older units he rents. One parcel is zoned RC commercial.

My question revolves around if this town could be a landing spot into the future for metro exodus. The agent I’ve been speaking with says area has large interest of San Diego and LA area transplants. Which coincidentally my uncle lived in both before he bought this place almost 10 yrs ago.

To be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath. Once you get out of Eugene density drops precipitously. There is no shortage of land, or wilderness. Further, CA migration has been a thing for the better part of 40 years and the end result has NOT been speculative increase in land value. Urban centers, on the other hand.

Now, as a passive income generator a la airBnB, different story...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath. Once you get out of Eugene density drops precipitously. There is no shortage of land, or wilderness. Further, CA migration has been a thing for the better part of 40 years and the end result has NOT been speculative increase in land value. Urban centers, on the other hand.

Now, as a passive income generator a la airBnB, different story...
    Yeah imagined it as a short term rental paying off the initial investment and see what shakes out in 15-20 years. However maybe it would be best to put my focus into an area closer to me and with more potential upside.

Be interested to hear additional feedback on Cottage Grove. Thanks HD

What’s your time scale and how light/painful is the tax burden? What are the maintenance demands of the parcels?

I think Eugene still has room to expand within its urban growth boundary. I see Eugene is the only reasonable commercial airport for personal and business air travel between Portland and Medford. Having come from a metro area myself, I think Eugene’s amenities are reasonable but still severely lacking compared to real metro areas (restaurants, diversity, etc) - however as far as attracting metro exodus it certainly feels like the main draw south of Portland and west of Bend. I see lots of physical infrastructure here and the area is expanding but not exactly blowing up. Some westward suburban expansion into Elmira and Veneta seems to be happening.

Cottage Grove is a charming place with some history, but like all other northwest regions that have had decades of mill consolidation and lumber declining, I honestly don’t know what most people do for work out there ... the few folks I know who live down there either work in Eugene or at the local CG Peacehealth hospital. It always struck me as a place where people can drop a prefab house on an acre of land and still have decent amenities (Walmart, restaurants etc), while paying way less than you would in Eugene. Geographically speaking, I assume that CG is what it is because it’s the southernmost part of the Willamette Valley before the river splits into narrow creek valleys and steep passes, and it probably wouldn’t have ever gotten even as close to as big as it is now had ACE never dammed the Row River. So it’s nice, but not a place to capture much metro exodus in my opinion.

I’d say if you are seriously entertaining holding the parcels, go spend some random weekdays down there, meet with the chamber of commerce, talk to actual business owners. Drive around with the Zillow app or others to look at historical housing and rent prices. No offense to your RE agent but I’d want to verify every assumption they are telling you with actual business people and renters in the area.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Also, since it sounds like there is little to no sentimental value ... the other question is, “if you had the same amount in cash right now, that you think these parcels could fetch plus closing and other costs ... would you buy them, or do something else with your cash?”

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Also, since it sounds like there is little to no sentimental value ... the other question is, “if you had the same amount in cash right now, that you think these parcels could fetch plus closing and other costs ... would you buy them, or do something else with your cash?”
    Straight wisdom right there

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

Pins coming out in a few hours under local anesthetic, wild shit. Hand looks like a zombie under that cast, and this pic is after I washed it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6651.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	333245

Edit: pins out and good to go.

Name:	IMG_6652.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	333269

FYI rebound orthopedics in vancouver has some high quality front desk talent and in the X-ray room
    Last edited by thefortrees; 07-01-2020 at 06:26 PM.

gross bro
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Pins coming out in a few hours under local anesthetic, wild shit. Hand looks like a zombie under that cast, and this pic is after I washed it

Name:	IMG_6651.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	333245

Edit: pins out and good to go.

Name:	IMG_6652.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	333269

FYI rebound orthopedics in vancouver has some high quality front desk talent and in the X-ray room
    Yea, it’s amazing how much skin gets replaced in a few weeks.
    Did they let you keep the pins?
    No pics of the talent?
    www.ullrlabs.com

Glad you are whole again TFT

Yeah imagined it as a short term rental paying off the initial investment and see what shakes out in 15-20 years. However maybe it would be best to put my focus into an area closer to me and with more potential upside.

Be interested to hear additional feedback on Cottage Grove. Thanks HD

Median price is higher than Eugene...

Also-> keep in mind that Lane County is extremely anti growth and has extremely strict land use laws. Buildable land is becoming rare.

Mt Bachelor announced yesterday they will provide a credit voucher for future use if it closes for more than 7 consecutive days, or 30 days total, during the 20/21 winter season due to Covfefe.

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/covi...gwMDU0NTU3MgS2

Seems reasonable under the circumstances. I guess the only question is whether they limit capacity through a reservation system so much that it's functionally impossible to get out.
    www.ullrlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Mt Bachelor announced yesterday they will provide a credit voucher for future use if it closes for more than 7 consecutive days, or 30 days total, during the 20/21 winter season due to Covfefe.

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/covi...gwMDU0NTU3MgS2

Seems reasonable under the circumstances. I guess the only question is whether they limit capacity through a reservation system so much that it's functionally impossible to get out.
    I was wondering what was going on with Bachy. I haven't seen any emails from them lately. When's the last day to pull the trigger on a 12 day pass with the early season pricing? I still have a few days left on last years, so I guess I should look into it...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    . . .
    Was offline for a bit. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Pulled trigger on a 12 day pass with 20% off voucher. Hopefully will get to use it this season. And, I will be holding my breath....

Sunset from Timberline Lodge on Saturday. Looks like they're running camps - there were lots of kids in Govy, many of them without masks...

Name:	Sunset.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	335544