Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1735
    Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    I've been oblivious to the IKON-type passes. Could the IKON thing have a noticeable impact at Bachelor? It's hard to imagine someone including bachy on a resort safari road trip.
    I've run in to Ikon and Epic road trippers over the years. They will for sure throw in Bachy as part of a RT.

Last year a retired dude from Tahoe area was RT'ing part of the trip by himself through UT, and then with his son in Sun Valley, then out to JH. But if the COVID rears its ugly head during ski season, it won't matter.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Kind of wish Bachelor was a base Ikon resort...seems like that would be the only way locals could benefit from this change.

Think I'm skipping the pass next season and am upgrading sleds instead.

I think it will increase the amount of visitors from Portland as well. With Crystal and Mt Bachelor both on icon, it will be pretty attractive for a lot of Portland skiers looking to go beyond Mt Hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    I think it will increase the amount of visitors from Portland as well. With Crystal and Mt Bachelor both on icon, it will be pretty attractive for a lot of Portland skiers looking to go beyond Mt Hood.

Let's fucking hope so. And take I5/santiam, on your way out of town if you leave early Saturday too!

For the right person, the 365 Bachelor pass now is pretty nice, and probably what they want you to buy. For $1428 (paid monthly so less painful) you get bachelor alpine, nordic, bike park, and ikon base. So an extra $469 over regular bachelor pass (less with time value of money) gets the extra local passes that would be an extra $578 on their own, plus Ikon Base.

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    For the right person, the 365 Bachelor pass now is pretty nice, and probably what they want you to buy. For $1428 (paid monthly so less painful) you get bachelor alpine, nordic, bike park, and ikon base. So an extra $469 over regular bachelor pass (less with time value of money) gets the extra local passes that would be an extra $578 on their own, plus Ikon Base.
    If I lived in Bend, I would be all over that pass. Pretty solid deal for what all you get.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Let's fucking hope so. And take I5/santiam, on your way out of town if you leave early Saturday too!
    Mt hood sucks, xtal and bachy are better anyway. Go there instead.

I think Bachelor going ikon next year is very shortsighted for the following reason...
    Covid 19.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    This morning I looked to see what was up with bachelor. They are saying that they will refund your entire season pass price. This is the good news.
    Not really. You have to exit on or before November 20 2020 to get your money back.

At present you can't buy Pass Refund Protection (PRP). This blurb required a site search to find, even though the person responding at info@mtbachelor.com said it would be easy. https://www.mtbachelor.com/tickets-p...nd-protection/

Mt. Bachelor is currently not selling PRP for 20/21 winter pass products. We want to provide the best coverage we can. Based on the complexities around COVID-19, and our desire to provide a good solution for our passholders, we will announce our plan in the near future. We realize these are uncertain time and are now offering all passholders the Mt. Bachelor Passholder Promise. You can now Buy With Confidence - You will get 100% of your money if the COVID-19 pandemic worsens, or if your situation changes before November 20, 2020
    Sorry Mt B, this does not fill me with Confidence. If you want to provide the best coverage you can, just add "shutdown due to government regulation" to the list of qualifying events, not just if passholder exploderates or gets preggers. And price it accordingly...

Regarding Ikonikness, I guess I don't see a big issue. We already get a shitload of WA and NorCal tourons during the season as it is. Midweek is not bad now, and weekends are already a shitshow.

That said, I add "Ribeye steak with cap on, sweet potato fries, grilled asparagus, blackberry cobbler, Correlejo reposado neat and Rogue Dead Guy Ale"

in case I need to eat my words later

I just saw that too
    it at least opens up public trailheads & parking areas
    & Tline can re-open

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Mount B general manger's office reviewing the various possible operational models for a limited reopening this season, and the financial and customer goodwill implications of each. They do have the resources and savvyness to pull something off similar to Mount Baldy. I just have no idea what kind of margins they'd be projecting under that model.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^^^ if they can make it work smoothly (relatively) it’d be a huge PR win for them.

4 sure fly.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I just saw that too
    it at least opens up public trailheads & parking areas
    & Tline can re-open
    I remember what it was like to ski from a parking lot, the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Mount B general manger's office reviewing the various possible operational models for a limited reopening this season, and the financial and customer goodwill implications of each. They do have the resources and savvyness to pull something off similar to Mount Baldy. I just have no idea what kind of margins they'd be projecting under that model.
    I can see them opening for DH MTB but notsomuch for skiing. By the time the state issues its regulations and resorts figure how to comply, people get hired and trained, snow's gonna be gone. Even if they can figure it out before melt, I think most people have moved on to summer sports.

All that said, I'd go at least once if they re-open and they don't void my voucher because I used my pass...

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I remember what it was like to ski from a parking lot, the good old days.
    When I was a boy...

Vouchers are in place. That will not change. Tline is looking like a good possibility.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Vouchers are in place. That will not change. Tline is looking like a good possibility.
    Most excellent

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown on Tuesday said she would announce an executive order allowing ski resorts to reopen. The timing of the order remains unclear, however, and no additional details have been released.

Among the Mount Hood resorts, only Timberline Ski Area plans to reopen.

Spokesman John Burton on Wednesday told The Oregonian/OregonLive the ski area could be up and running by the end of next week — provided the executive order is announced soon.

https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/20...will-they.html

With the usfs reopening rec sites, I wonder how/if Meadows will modify their no uphill travel policy? They have had plenty of time to remove equipment and do maintenance...

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    With the usfs reopening rec sites, I wonder how/if Meadows will modify their no uphill travel policy? They have had plenty of time to remove equipment and do maintenance...
    Just like all the other ski areas that are not letting people climb, as most of those areas have wanted to throw these climbers off "their" mountain for a long time. Never mind that these hills are the only good places that you can, climb and ski a good mountain with good access (Meaning...without having to hike for hours before you even start gaining elevation and thus Fall Line.) Never mind that the road that makes them ski areas, are built and maintained by public taxes on Public Land. Never mind that it was people who climbed those hill under their own power (literally for thousands of years!), who started the whole idea of skiing in the first place! Oh well I guess in end stage capitalism, money clearly ..."don't need no stinking badges" or History for that matter.

Kind of like lil donniee dump voiding all environmental regulations as a means of healing a global Pandemic. It is the great Lebensraum of civic opportunism for our era...Enjoy your chocolate covered coal!

You could just hike/skin up White River Canyon from the bridge. outside of both resort boundaries.

Is white river about to be opened? If So I will be doing that very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Is white river about to be opened? If So I will be doing that very soon.

I read in the State of Oregon daily plague email yesterday that they’re not going to start opening things until 5/15. I don’t know if that’s official or speculation or applies to national parks or just regular businesses.