Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1735
    Guess no lessons during Spring break,ect. Home Depot has pallets of tp & cleaning supplies. I'm going skiing until they shut the lifts down. F that.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    If you're up for a sufferfest I might be down when the forecast looks good. I have done the start walking at 1am thing in the past. Potato hill says you're not getting anywhere close to morrison with a truck. Snow pack is strong at 4500. Helens looks to be the better option at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Will be busy for the next week or so. Going to see if I can sneak a short tour in at lower elevations over there. Will report back with my findings.

Been touring around the N side of Hood the past few days and the snowpack below 5k is surprisingly thin. Below 4.5k, heavily treed slopes are pretty much bare. If Adams looks anything like Hood, then I suspect that the 8040 will open up earlier than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    From Meadows' blog post on CV and their operations status: "We are fortunate that the activities we enjoy here on the mountain, naturally provide social distancing"

This is obviously total BS. How is standing in a crowded lift line, riding a full chair, or sitting at a full table in a crowded lodge considered social distancing? I'm not saying that I want Meadows to shut down (quite the contrary) but that is a straight up lie IMO. What are everybody's thoughts on this?
    Lotta peeps rode single today. I rode double at least 6 times.

Meadows embellish, no way...

Skiing is one of the things most can do and only have to get close to one another on the lift or in line. I'm not going in the lodge either, but I usually don't anyway.

Be cautious, but not paranoid, live life

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I'm going skiing until they shut the lifts down. F that.
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Be cautious, but not paranoid, live life
    This

And, WTF is it with people and TP. smh

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    So, here's what I show so far for attendance at the MtB Mini 3/28-30. Please advise re: corrections

::: ::: +1 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    Mattig +2 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    ACH +2 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday + rest of week
    K2skier112 + 1 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    TBS +1 - Saturday, maybe Sunday, Monday
    Jonesy +1 - Maybe Sunday, Monday
    Teh Poacher - Saturday, Sunday (tell Tor she's welcome too)
    Ryan13 - Saturday, Sunday
    Flyoverland Captive - Saturday, Sunday (once he clears his schedule)
    Toadman - Saturday, Sunday (once he gets his schedule together)
    Puma + 2 - Saturday (no maybe's)

Still need to hear from:
    Tap
    Forty
    Fortrees
    Klaus
    And a callout to Taoslcl - you know we met on a chair at Taos in Feb 2009...
    Who else?

Note - some of us - Poacher, Jonesy Puma and I at least - will also be skiing on Friday, 3/27 @ time TBD, to include a birthday celebration. The mountain will remain open until 7PM that night with $15 buddy passes available for skiing 4PM to close. Sing out if interested so we can try to round up enough passholders to accommodate.

Once we get attendance sorta figured out, we can figure out food/beverage. What's everyone think about Saturday (at least) for a group lunch. I can bring a dry rubbed tri-tip or two to roast if someone has a grill that will sear 3-4 lbs of cow. And beer. And brownies.

Jonesy is working on commemorative stickers.

Other ideas/thoughts?
    I'm solo, no +1 for me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    FYI - Both Meadows & Hoodoo demos have been cancelled.

Re: Social Distancing at resorts - could be done (2 per quad, spread lift lines, shut down lodges) but obviously would require enforcement and buy in. Even at the grocery store right now you can tell people just have no idea.
    Well that’s an understandable bummer. No woodsman testing for me. Good on you iggy for putting your crew first.

Regarding social distancing @ resort, my new rules:
    Use a pole bump as a greeting, or a boot bump
    Don’t share vapes, pipes, joints, etc.
    Wash hands before and after touching anything in the lodge
    Don’t hold your gloves in your mouth
    Cough around people so they move away

ETA - maybe I’ll start breathing through my avalung while in lift lines and on the chair...
    Last edited by TBS; 03-12-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Portland Public School on extended spring break after today.
    Out until April 1 (for now)

Name:  20gjdu.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  53.6 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Statewide school closure until April 1.

It’s gonna be interesting to see how many school aged kids are skiing on Monday. Could resemble a full on Spring Break Horde.
    Jonesy will be traumatized

Well, it's snowing at MHM based on the snow cams, so who cares about COVID-19. I've heard that the COVID-19 virus can't ski powder....
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Just be on the lookout. Heard the Covid skis in jeans and a Bengals starter jacket.

Will be avoiding the lodge

Had to drive a boat from Bend back to PDX today and it got a bit spicy through Govy. Would have loved to pull in to MHM for some laps cause it was dumping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2824.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	320177

Photo is from closer to Rhododendron

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I've heard that the COVID-19 virus can't ski powder....
    Sort of. It can, but only if it uses fully rockered skis.

Dumping hard when I left and quality was excellent. If you can get up tonight it should be very good.

Those boats do not handle well on hwy 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, it's snowing at MHM based on the snow cams, so who cares about COVID-19. I've heard that the COVID-19 virus can't ski powder....
    Can it hike the cone?

ETA - at 7pm 2” of fresh down at MtB
    Last edited by TBS; 03-13-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Been snowing in Bend proper since about 6pm. Hope it nukes up at Bachy. Need to get some cold smoke pow face shots. I've heard that helps with the COVID-19 symptoms.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Yup I hear Covid can’t survive in temps below 25F.

A few inches in the driveway this morning. A few more inches in the Bachelor parking lot. Go get some!

I was just not feeling it this morning...ON A SNOW DAY...I’m losing my mojo; too many days away...looking at the live cam, it seems like a quiet nice light snow day up on the hill. I hope you guys are up there!

My ski season has totally sucked as my back finally said F you and had surgery 2/10... Saw my surgeon this past Thursday and said I am well ahead of schedule and gave me the OK to ski for my annual trip to Bach... Flights booked, house paid for and spring pass purchased and will be there from 4/7 to 4/15... I will absolutely loose my shit if resorts close - like Bach...! I so need this trip and could not be more excited...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Vibes to those not able to get out today.

I got up early for this!?

Actually, I got up early for this...

Hit Northwest early, and had some fun, and even the groomers were stellar.

As is my habit, I had a penchant for a Cone lap, not that anyone cares...

Yes, it was good. Ended my day a bit earlier after a bit of a tweak to my knee. Not going to overdue it. Was nuking when I left around 11:30am

Well, at least the hotel I booked at will give a refund on a non-refundable rate if Bachy closes. It seems like there's a domino effect going on at ski resort's closing now

Yes, that was some nice snow today. And not crowded either, esp. for a pow weekend. Could find the (hard) base pretty easily in a lot of places but pillowy goodness in others.

Mike, MtB mgt sez (as of today) they are staying open until late May. Probably hesitant to give back all the Spring Pass money. They took out about half the tables in WV and SR lodges to create distance. No hot water for washing hands. BYO hand sanitizer.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yes, that was some nice snow today. And not crowded either, esp. for a pow weekend. Could find the (hard) base pretty easily in a lot of places but pillowy goodness in others.

Mike, MtB mgt sez (as of today) they are staying open until late May. Probably hesitant to give back all the Spring Pass money. They took out about half the tables in WV and SR lodges to create distance. No hot water for washing hands. BYO hand sanitizer.
    Fingers crossed MHM and Bachelor stay open. I want some more spring skiing. Without even showing up I've contributed $550 to the local economy.