Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Slightly less windy than MHM, but still borderline (depending on how reality matches forecast). Sunday looking much better for snow and wind at both. Not much snow, but maybe a few inches.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Damn, Bach looking mighty fine... how’s it looking down there on Saturday? Considering a drive south for the day
    Low tonight 33
    High Sat 34 with 2-4” glop
    Low sat nite 12 with 3-5in new
    High Sunday 17 with some sun

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...t#.XjTpLIyIahD

You decide...

The forts favorite. Dust on crust
    Hoodoo Saturday umbrella weather
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Cream on crust, relocated by insane winds and half speed lifts at mhm. Reached my limit in four runs. Beer time!

Telemetry was showing almost 1”/hr of r**n...has it switched over yet to snow?

If it's showing 1 inch an hour, that would always be snow. 1 inch of the other stuff in an hour is the kind of thing that only happens in hurricane-like weather events, as far as I understand.

Edit: researched a bit and it looks like it can happen outside of extreme weather events. That said, 1 inch would be a big day around here. Couldn't imagine it in 1 hour.

Well shit ... https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/pdxclimate/pg91.pdf

Yeah it started snowing before I got there around 130. Heavy snowfall but so damn windy everything was getting scoured, and not enough snow has fallen yet to make a difference where the wind is blowing it

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    If it's showing 1 inch an hour, that would always be snow. 1 inch of the other stuff in an hour is the kind of thing that only happens in hurricane-like weather events, as far as I understand.

Edit: researched a bit and it looks like it can happen outside of extreme weather events. That said, 1 inch would be a big day around here. Couldn't imagine it in 1 hour.

Well shit ... https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/pdxclimate/pg91.pdf
    This is what I was looking at...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0079.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	313457

But that’s total accumulated...
    #readingskilz
    #nextcolumntotheleft

My bad

Big question: what can we expect for tomorrow morning?

Fortress precipitation required at bachelor monday.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Gallon of propane to dry water logged gear overnight in the parking lot - $2.25
    New tube of Snowseal to replenish lost functionality of leather products - $4.95
    Watching TBS struggle with the random chairlift callout - Priceless!

Decent skiing off hrm today. Was fun ripping groomers on skinny sticks, been on the pow sticks all January. Jonesy would be proud of me.

Rolled in at 11 and parked in the new twilight lot below hrm - what a cluster! Recommend avoiding that if you can...

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Poacher View Post
    Gallon of propane to dry water logged gear overnight in the parking lot - $2.25
    New tube of Snowseal to replenish lost functionality of leather products - $4.95
    Watching TBS struggle with the random chairlift callout - Priceless!
    Great to meet you mang!

For context, I get on a chair with three other people I’ve never seen. One is riding Dynastar WC slalom skis. Jonesy has a pair too.

As a congenital smart ass, I say “cool skis. My buddy has a pair. I’m pretty sure he stole them from a little girl”

He looks over and asks “Are you TBS?”

Yes, I was speechless. Well played!

‘‘Twas a nice day but for the -10 wind chill. Cold snow was soft. Nice to be able to see 20yards for a change, left when time in line > time to ski the run.

ETA: Poacher, forgot all about your classic review of 333 skis
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...eo)?highlight=
    You know that Lish lives in Central OR now? Last seen scamming the folks at Hoodoo...
    Last edited by TBS; 02-02-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Name:	IMG_3359.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	944.1 KB 
ID:	313648

sneaky good out there today

Artic conditions at bachelor. Abrasive wind transported snow. Good vis. with trenchable groomers. Skis like 3% moisture content.

Damn good at MHM... Cascade opened today. Windward faces scoured and compacted down to ice. Leeward faces and gullies skied super deep, cold and soft. Elevator, Marmot, A-Zone were all tittayz. Felt good to ski all the way from the top back to the HRM lot. Get some before the weather moves in!

I saw they opened Cascade and was hoping someone was getting some. Based on how light the small amount of snow on Sunday was, I can only imagine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You know that Lish lives in Central OR now? Last seen scamming the folks at Hoodoo...
    Yeah, I heard the tea leaves rattle last year.

Anyone with $$$ looking for a quick setup will appreciate his help pressing the fast forward button. I never had an issue with his process or his vision, which was revolutionary at the time. It was the insistence that sub par materials/tools would function as well as the accepted norm that proved to be his downfall with 333. He has obviously re-branded and made strides in a positive direction. I think his school program is really cool, tbh. More kids need to get their hands dirty other than just wiping the Cheetos dust off the x-box controller.

As long as they do their homework at DooDoo with vertical lam's and figure out their profiles/shapes, the potential is there for something good. If they can design a ski that will work there, it will work anywhere.
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

Cascade opened today....Elevator, Marmot, A-Zone
    ah, memories...

Felt good to ski all the way from the top back to the HRM lot.
    one of my favorite activities whilst medicated

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Poacher View Post
    Yeah, I heard the tea leaves rattle last year.

Anyone with $$$ looking for a quick setup will appreciate his help pressing the fast forward button. I never had an issue with his process or his vision, which was revolutionary at the time. It was the insistence that sub par materials/tools would function as well as the accepted norm that proved to be his downfall with 333. He has obviously re-branded and made strides in a positive direction. I think his school program is really cool, tbh. More kids need to get their hands dirty other than just wiping the Cheetos dust off the x-box controller.

As long as they do their homework at DooDoo with vertical lam's and figure out their profiles/shapes, the potential is there for something good. If they can design a ski that will work there, it will work anywhere.
    Yeah, go to https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...kis-quot/page2

Start at post #47, continue to the end. Lish was hired to build a factory for the ‘Doo’s owners, missed all his deliverables then absconded with all the tooling he was hired to build. Felt bad for jarlybart, watching his enthusiastic posts swing so abruptly to dejection.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yeah, go to https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...kis-quot/page2

Start at post #47, continue to the end. Lish was hired to build a factory for the ‘Doo’s owners, missed all his deliverables then absconded with all the tooling he was hired to build. Felt bad for jarlybart, watching his enthusiastic posts swing so abruptly to dejection.
    Daaayyyyuuumm...

I obviously didn't keep up with that saga beyond a few phone calls back in August. I was under the impression they were going to use a real press among other changes once they got the basic set-up in place. Not surprised in the least that Lish ran off prior to completing his commitment.

I am very surprised the benefactor hasn't pursued Michael if items were stolen, a breech occurred, etc.

Good gawd, those photos on that Flickr page.

+1 to the GSA sighting thread redux idea posted somewhere along the line. Whoever that was.
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

Yea. Shitty deal. I’ve known Jarly for over thirty years. I know he put a lot of time and soul into this project and it’s a total bummer that Lish screwed him.

Sadly unsurprising though. But it’s sometimes hard to see thru the fog when trying to realize your dreams... and if you never try you will never realize them.

Man, MHM delivered surprise quality first thing this morning. Deep cream cheese plastered onto that ice, couldn’t tell it was there. Jefferson glades were super fun and zippy fast. Get some!!!! I like my skiing like my bagels, cream cheeeeezy.

Name:	IMG_5364.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	281.9 KB 
ID:	314084

Blustery with premium quality flakes.

From Bachelor Instagram. Yikes!
    Name:  Annotation 2020-02-06 095452.png
Views: 713
Size:  733.0 KB

lovely... planned bachy trip for fri/sat... impeccable timing