Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Skinned up to around 6k yesterday afternoon and had fast, consistent skiing - couple inches of blower on top of an edgeable/supportive crust. Had the place to myself. Clear skies, great views and an extended lunch break up top. The schwack back out was a pain in the ass... but worth it????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4656.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	307671

Name:	IMG_4657.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	307672

Good skiing at MHM today. Light snowfall all day, ended up skiing more like 4” in many places vs. the 1” reported. Any day finished with the wife saying “wow that was a fun day on the hill” is success in my book.

What happened to Skibowl hours? Didn't they used to open in the afternoons on weekdays for night skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    What happened to Skibowl hours? Didn't they used to open in the afternoons on weekdays for night skiing?
    Gotta have enough snow.

Also for OR/WA mags: Had a Christmas party recently, had 3 Pfriem pony kegs. I’ve got leftovers in two of the kegs (dank ipa and cda). I’ll cart them up to MHM this weekend if anybody wants to get down on some parking lot beers...

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Gotta have enough snow.

Also for OR/WA mags: Had a Christmas party recently, had 3 Pfriem pony kegs. I’ve got leftovers in two of the kegs (dank ipa and cda). I’ll cart them up to MHM this weekend if anybody wants to get down on some parking lot beers...
    I mean their open hours are advertised as 9am on weekdays now, when/if they open. I remember them being the only resort in NA that started with afternoon/night skiing on a few weekdays which was kinda cool.

Hoodoo talking Friday opening. Stay tuned.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Got my first day @ MHM last Sun and survived
    Heading up both Sat & Sun with my brother who’s visiting
    Would be good to catch up with others

I just peeped the NOAA forecast in the hopes I could get in a day or two before the year closes out. NYE looks as though the freezing leve is rising to 6200 at MHM. Gross. Maybe Monday is the day to ski?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Hoodoo talking Friday opening. Stay tuned.
    I hear it’s a go!

2019-20 - Oregon - it never snows here and when it does, it sucks

Got up to 9300ft on the S side today. Hot damn there’s good skiing up high right now - boot deep blower up top, a few inches on top of crust around Palmer and below. Fuckin rad and fast skiing for how “bad” the skiing is down low.

Almost to zee target

Name:	IMG_4670.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	595.0 KB 
ID:	307764

Purdy up there

Name:	IMG_4672.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	307765

Blower pow turns in the alpine, gimme more!

Name:	IMG_4674.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	307766

Name:	IMG_4675.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	268.2 KB 
ID:	307767

Transitioning to deep dust on crust

Name:	IMG_4676.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	307768

Looks good right there. Hoodoo is on Friday.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Glad you found the goods tft. Nuttin but dust on crust for us today. It felt nice to rise above the cloud deck and zoom around on the super Bros.

Rumor has it that cascade is a go manana...

^^^ good to know!

Sketchy at hoodoo but it skied well. Fast & soft.

Name:	Screenshot_20191227-165416_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	327.8 KB 
ID:	307882

Steer clear of the sharks

Second private wanted to improve her pow skiing. Perfect. Scrapes along the sides did it. The snows comin.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Second private wanted to improve her pow skiing. Perfect. Scrapes along the sides did it. The snows comin.
    Pow skiing tip #1: get longer fatter skis to compensate for lack of technique
    Pow skiing tip #2: accept that you’ll never ski pow on children’s skis like jonesy

If y'all cant ski pow on little girl skis your doing it wrong, Lol.

Name:	Screenshot_20191228-175547_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	539.0 KB 
ID:	308059

My nephew, son and I hiked that ridge on the south east of Three Fingered Jack yesterday. They in snow shoes, and I on skis. Snow was not deep, but it was dry, and a nice ride down. View from the hump was picturesque.

Black Butte framed by clouds

MHM is pretty bony in a lot of highly traveled thoroughfares (crossover going toward SSX from MX had us singing ♫ Baby Shark ♫). On the bright side, everyone gets to practice their slalom skills and evasive maneuvers. Those with poor eyesight just get free opportunities to practice base welds and ptex candle drips.

HUGE do or die moment coming up on Wed/Thu. All 4 forecast models tell a slightly different story. Result could range from a nice base-boosting dump of fat-flaked mank to--well... something much less desirable (possibly enough to shut things down until the next decent storm).

Caveat: forecasts have been struggling recently. For example, they all showed 2-5 inches at decent temps on Sunday for 4-5 straight days UNTIL Saturday mid-day when all 4 forecast models said "sorry, no new snow after all, bitchez!" I'll be getting my wife drunk enough tonight to offer photo-based pleas to Ullr and I suggest you all do the same (and honey, if you're reading this, I would say I'm just joking to avoid you yelling at me like you did the last time I got a bit overzealous sharing our special "family photos," but this time it's serious).

Name:	sssdssd.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	308287

I’m out for a while. My first two days were fun, but skiing leaves me worse for wear. Gotta back off & try again later

Still praying for snow

for mags and for the base

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I’m out for a while. My first two days were fun, but skiing leaves me worse for wear. Gotta back off & try again later

Still praying for snow

Damn, that sucks skier formerly known as AC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

Still praying for snow

Bummer dude, stay on the rehab plan! It was fun skiing with you again. You’ll be back before long.

I took a massive fall after we parted ways on “the last run”. Have to sit out for a couple days but fortunately it’s just muscle soreness in the neck and shoulder. Full yard sale - lost goggles, both skis, tomahawked down the groomer. Thanks to the snowboarder who rode over to me while I was collecting myself and said “woah dude I broke my collarbone like that once”.

Never call last run...

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    MHM is pretty bony in a lot of highly traveled thoroughfares (crossover going toward SSX from MX had us singing ♫ Baby Shark ♫). On the bright side, everyone gets to practice their slalom skills and evasive maneuvers. Those with poor eyesight just get free opportunities to practice base welds and ptex candle drips.

HUGE do or die moment coming up on Wed/Thu. All 4 forecast models tell a slightly different story. Result could range from a nice base-boosting dump of fat-flaked mank to--well... something much less desirable (possibly enough to shut things down until the next decent storm).

Caveat: forecasts have been struggling recently. For example, they all showed 2-5 inches at decent temps on Sunday for 4-5 straight days UNTIL Saturday mid-day when all 4 forecast models said "sorry, no new snow after all, bitchez!" I'll be getting my wife drunk enough tonight to offer photo-based pleas to Ullr and I suggest you all do the same (and honey, if you're reading this, I would say I'm just joking to avoid you yelling at me like you did the last time I got a bit overzealous sharing our special "family photos," but this time it's serious).

I appreciate your nerdiness and attention to detail.

Seems like going east might be a better bet. I get the impression that Hood is going to get some r-snow NYE, and turning to fattie flakes late that night and New Years Day. East seems a bit colder?

Bummer dude, stay on the rehab plan! It was fun skiing with you again. You’ll be back before long.

I took a massive fall after we parted ways on “the last run”. Have to sit out for a couple days but fortunately it’s just muscle soreness in the neck and shoulder. Full yard sale - lost goggles, both skis, tomahawked down the groomer. Thanks to the snowboarder who rode over to me while I was collecting myself and said “woah dude I broke my collarbone like that once”.

Never call last run...
    "Two more and skip the last?" is my end of day motto.

Damn, that sucks skier formerly known as AC.
    Don’t know unless you go...now I know

Never call last run...
    Ah shit...hope you heal up quickly

I look forward to the pleas.

Forecast does not look good. Fingers crossed. I am hopeful the extra 1000 feet is helpful at bachelor.