Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mammoth 2019-2020- Welcome back my friends

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, We're so glad you could attend, time to ride, time to ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mammoth 1.JPG 
Views:	858 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	303988

Name:	Mammoth 2.JPG 
Views:	830 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	303989

Name:	Mammoth 3.JPG 
Views:	739 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	303990

Huge props to https://www.mammothsnowman.com for the above photos and info I read all winter long.

Welcome to the 2019-2020 Mammoth Mountain thread. Below are numerous links to try and make your trip there an easy one.

There are flights into Mammoth with a free shuttle to many hotels. Just remember that it is windy during storms and there is a good chance your flight will not land or take off, so plan accordingly if you fly.

If this is your first trip to Mammoth, there is a free shuttle throughout most of the town that will take you to one of the 4 lift locations for the mountain.

Have a fantastic winter and pray for a Mammoth season.

NWS Forecast: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...63220842193027

Howards Forecast: https://mammothweather.com

Snowman’s website: https://www.mammothsnowman.com

Mountain website: https://www.mammothmountain.com

Detailed Run Info: http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/At...tlasIndex.html

Cams: https://www.mammothmountain.com/cams/main-lodge-cam

Road conditions: http://www.dot.ca.gov/d9/cctv/index.html

Flights: https://www.visitmammoth.com/mammoth...light-schedule

Ski Shops: https://www.footloosesports.com https://kittredgesports.com https://www.fastskisports.com

Name:	Mammoth 4.JPG 
Views:	688 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	303991

Bring it Ullr!

Name:	Mammoth 5.JPG 
Views:	677 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	303992
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Like myself, you may be looking for a good place to eat without spending a bunch of money.
    Below are some suggestions for you. I like to have Mex food at the Loco Frijole off Main. Breakfast at Good Earth Cafe and Thai food at All Thai'd Up (which didn't populate in the bottom cell). For lunch I like to have the tri tip sandwich at the Mill. Lots of great places to eat and drink at Mammoth and don't forget to go bowling while you are there.

Attachment 303993

Attachment 303994

Attachment 303995
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Looking good. So is the forecast. Good call on some bowling in the evening.

Yup, it does look like we will be off to a good start to the season. Happy Turkey Day guys and girls.

Name:	10 day.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	304057

Hey .... who let that chance of RAIN slip in here?!?!

Be safe out there and remember that Mammoth is a dangerous place at low tide. We need a significant base before charging hard off piste.

Woot woot

Posting here to get this in my feed

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Be safe out there and remember that Mammoth is a dangerous place at low tide. We need a significant base before charging hard off piste.
    We will be out just after New Years. Curious to see Mammoth at low or mid tide in winter conditions. I’ve skied there plenty in April-June during various stages of melt off. But never early season lower tides.

We don’t need much. Just enough to get the groomers I. Shape and we’d be happy for this trip. My sone really wants to check out the backside, chair 9 and Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Curious to see Mammoth at low or mid tide in winter conditions.
    Nothing but snow as far as the forecast goes... Early Jan might not be low tide at all!

We will probably be passing on this weekend, with maybe a day at Baldy or Big Bear. I am content to let those up at Mammoth ski down this snow, pack it onto the rocks.

If you are up there and don't want to drive there is a great delivery service called Doorstep Deliveries. I use them all the time.

http://www.doorstep-deliveries.com/wordpress/

Their number is 760-934-3463.

I believe it is a 10$ delivery fee plus you should tip your driver.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

currently 4 deg at the whitmore tubs

3 feet in town, prob another 3 plus up high out of this wave.

gong show weekend. mid week next week money

couple random tidbits i've learned since getting out here,

mammoth the name has nothing to do w the wolly, it was the name of a mining company,

there is no mammoth lake.

chain law is weird. grocery bags cost money, but LA ppl are free to throw 100$ metal necklaces all over the roads. go figure.

hope to meet some of you's. werd.

Visibility was not at an all time high yesterday. Snow was great. Chair 3 was absolutely fantastic for about 30 seconds right when it opened. Very deep, then it was filled with people stuck in the snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191129_110035.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	613.7 KB 
ID:	304278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191129_110037.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	484.3 KB 
ID:	304279  

Saw chair 5 is spinning today. Can only imagine Dry Creek is still very... Dry.

See you all out there after this next cycle!

Another storm around the 6th? Guess I am waiting until the 8th for it all to be open.

Name:	mammoth.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	304371

Finally some heavy snow, build dat base!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiHick View Post
    Nothing but snow as far as the forecast goes... Early Jan might not be low tide at all!
    Oh, well. We will take it fat and stacked.

Looking at accommodations for Feb. How long of a shuttle ride is it on the Green line from Vons to Eagle in the morning. And how bad does Eagle lift line get in the morning? We would be on an early start, but curious if that one lift gets backed up. Mid week, but a vacation week. Staying near Vons will save us $200 over 4 days, versus staying walking distance to the lift. But need to convince the wife this is the way to go.

Your good OT. Going from Vons to Eagle is the easiest route to do. Eagle is a 6 pack, so it loads fast and is nothing like some of the retarded line photos I have seen on here.

Oh, well. We will take it fat and stacked.

Looking at accommodations for Feb. How long of a shuttle ride is it on the Green line from Vons to Eagle in the morning. And how bad does Eagle lift line get in the morning? We would be on an early start, but curious if that one lift gets backed up. Mid week, but a vacation week. Staying near Vons will save us $200 over 4 days, versus staying walking distance to the lift. But need to convince the wife this is the way to go.
    It is really not a long shuttle at all. We often use Eagle to get on the mountain, the yellow line runs right by our ski lease, i don't think I have never waited in a serious line there. I would say Eagle is often the easiest lodge to start at.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Ahh, what a long weekend. 4 days of pow skiing is pretty dang great for end of Nov. First storm came in Cold! Made for some light blower on top of rocks. Face shot / Core shot city, but oh Soo fun.

Looks like the whole mtn will open next w/e pending weather. Hoping this wet heavy storm doesn't add too much weight to the dry light snow on the ground and all slide off the mtn!?!?

Game on!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    He who has the most fun wins!

I booked my stay in Mammoth several weeks ago when things were bone dry. Nice to see my leap of faith paying dividends. Much like Squaw and Kirkwood, I love early season / lower tide on that mountain - so many little features you can hit before they all get buried.

I love how the Sierra can easily go from nothing to full operation in just a few storms. All bases open next Saturday. Any word on the top? I imagine that is getting plastered.

8” of rain in my yard (Santa Cruz) since Thanksgiving. What an insta change from a week ago.

I love how the Sierra can easily go from nothing to full operation in just a few storms. All bases open next Saturday. Any word on the top? I imagine that is getting plastered.

8” of rain in my yard (Santa Cruz) since Thanksgiving. What an insta change from a week ago.
    Rumor was they were trying to get it open this past weekend before the latest storm rolled in. Cornice, Drop's, Wipe's are totally game on filled in. We hit Wipe Out's via the High T and they were lovely!

It will open once the skies part. Still stoked from skiing pow for the last 4 days. Mini Comish was begging to stay last night in the locker room. By the end of the day yesterday it was free refills!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Looks like Cornice just opened

Name:	Cornice.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	304525

Top opens as my gondola rolls into McCoy. Looks like I scored with the 5th Gondi to the Top. Gotta figure out where to go!?!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums