Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: SoCal Kick-Off

Skied BP today. Topped out around 1030 and run on East face was perfect. Could still ski to dirt road.

couple pov videos from Baden yesterday:

Did any of you guys hit Baldy for closing weekend? I was too spent after four days in Mammoth to go up on Sunday. Do they allow people to hike Thunder and ski? The coverage on Thunder should still be good for a couple more weeks.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Did any of you guys hit Baldy for closing weekend? I was too spent after four days in Mammoth to go up on Sunday. Do they allow people to hike Thunder and ski? The coverage on Thunder should still be good for a couple more weeks.
    We skied there Saturday - it was pretty thin coverage but a lot of fun. We rode in short sleeves all day. I can't imagine there is going to be much of anything left after mid-week, high 60s expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Yup, Sunday was gooooood...and empty. Lapped Robins trees all afternoon. Didn't get really soupy til around 4. Last run down Goldridge an hour after that was...interesting. Snowpack is pretty deep still, and stuff that had been skied/packed in the last 24 was all good. Anything off that and you were sinking in glop to at least boot top, if not knees. Had me wishing for waterskis.

What is left coverage-wise is going fast. If they let you hike you might get one more week out of it. Doubtful there will be much left beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Pinned and Speedfreak,

Thanks for the reports. I was bummed to miss it. This was a very good year for Baldy. While it would be nice to get more laps, you really can't complain with the season they had.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

RIP Waterman yesterday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7201.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	371192
    Was up 3 weeks ago and it was real icy, but still that went fast

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    couple pov videos from Baden yesterday:

sweet, glad someone else enjoyed the last strip off baden as well. that was some tasty corn