Darn Tough socks warranty

I have bought several pairs of Darn Tough socks over the last couple of years and love them. After a long period of use one pair is finally starting to wear thin in several spots and I expect holes soon. Another is in great shape except for a hole under one heel, I expect I did that on a floor nail or something as the rest of the sock is not worn out. Should/can I really return these for replacement? Everything I see on their site indicates "yes" for the first pair (which is pretty great), not really sure about the second pair.

Regardless of whether I can return these, I will keep buying their socks- they really are the longest lasting socks I've ever owned.

Srsly?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I had a few pairs of Darn Tough socks that wore out much quicker than I thought they should/than other pairs I've owned. They replaced them promptly.

The others I've worn out I did not try to warranty. They're socks. They wear out eventually. If you feel like you got a fair life out of them for the price, don't be a cheapskate, just buy new ones.

warranty claims processor for a sock company has to be one stinky job.

Yup, prolly not too tough to get your for in the door.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

PM Rontele

Surprised they don't have a warranty clause exempting telemarkers from full coverage..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Yup, prolly not too tough to get your for in the door.
    And another excellent joke is ruined by autocorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Surprised they don't have a warranty clause exempting telemarkers from full coverage..
    I know I know, and I don't try to take undue advantage of warrantees- but they say this: "In a nutshell, if you wear a hole in them, we will replace them free of charge, for life." So why shouldn't you return them if you wear a hole in them?

They do also say this, so I think the one from the nail is out: "Things that generally are not covered—disappeared in the dryer, the dog ate them, too close to camp fire, theft by friend or foe, etc., etc." But re the other ones, they don't say, like most warrantees, that general wear and tear is not covered- in fact the first sentence says it is.

Personally I'm not gonna warranty something I got fair use out of, but I'm sure they'll replace them. And keep replacing them, until the warranty claims drive them out of business eventually.

My daughter works at a state park in the summer in steel toed work boots. She swears by DTS. She gets one of the thin summer weight ones, forget which. She plans to do CRM field work this summer. When she finally wears them out, I'll persuade her to just buy another pair. Or even warranty them myself, aka buy her new ones. She went from miserable in her boots to happy. That's worth it to me.

I cannot hold onto both socks long enough to claim any warranty.

I never really thought about a warranty when considering socks. I should look into this.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

The warranty is no good for Canadians since you have to ship it to the States. At that point, may as well just get a new pair.

Have you tried the Canadian knock offs Darn Toof socks?

JFC dood, as if we tele skiers don’t have enough baggage, now you’re talking about warranty replacement on stinky worn out socks.

I’ve warranted several pairs — after several years of use. They usually send a $25 gift cert. covers a new pair plus a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have about six pair. Get 2-3 years use out of a pair.
    Bought a new pair whenever I turned in the first few pairs for warranty. Now I turn back one or two pair each year.

I look at it as a subscription service. Downstroke is $25, you pay shipping to return warrantied units and they give you a credit to use on new pairs.

It’s always fun taking them to USPS for return. They go through the “does your parcel contain hazardous, flammable, toxic, etc. stuff?” And then everybody cracks up when I say “you tell me - its a bunch of worn out socks”

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Personally I'm not gonna warranty something I got fair use out of
    this.

Another option is to get them at a yuudge discount at the 'seconds sale' and wear through them for less $.

They sell their seconds also many times at Marshalls or TJ Maxx stores mostly is where I see them. No warranty as the way I understand it on the seconds. Not sure if they have some marking or how they would tell if a worn out sock was a full priced or seconds pair.

You're right, no warranty on seconds - All I have are seconds, for years now.
    It's obvious they're seconds. All cosmetic, but function is perfect.

I pay 1/3 price, help a good company salvage their seconds, and get the same use? .. no complaints.