Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Which Wagon?

About 8 months into Alltrack S DSG ownership, love the way is drives/handles. Interior controls are great and laid out well but I find the seats a little stiff for long road trips. Wish the back seat was slightly bigger but I’m usually not back there. Got the green color which I have yet to see another on the road. Stupid cheap deals on them in MD. Minor gripe, stock 17 tire size has minimal options.

Not wagon, but Tiguan is technically pretty close to Alltrack. Got it 7 month ago and was hauling pretty heavy trailer when we moved from NY to UT. So far have zero complains. Great space on the second row, 3rd row is for kids only but it's good to have it just in case. I prefer European approach to ergonomics, controls and overall feeling of the car. With Blizzaks it's very confidence inspiring drive on winter roads. I wish they could bring Passat Alltrack to NA market...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    I wish they could bring Passat Alltrack to NA market...
    They did ... you just have to man up.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs6-avant-preview

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Got the green color which I have yet to see another on the road.
    I have one on the other coast.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

Well, they also have A6 Allroad with adjustable air suspension and crazy price tag... But yeah, RS6 Avant is sexy AF

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    About 8 months into Alltrack S DSG ownership, love the way is drives/handles. Interior controls are great and laid out well but I find the seats a little stiff for long road trips. Wish the back seat was slightly bigger but I’m usually not back there. Got the green color which I have yet to see another on the road. Stupid cheap deals on them in MD. Minor gripe, stock 17 tire size has minimal options.
    Agreed on the seats and the odd tire size. I got a good deal on 16” wheels and put mounted some Blizzaks of similar dimensions to stock on those. I’ll see how long the stock all season Falkens last during the warm months. Damn do they suck big time in the snow...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So I am 6-2 long torso and found alltrack not having sufficient driver headroom. Will take 2nd look this weekend. Can any tall folks provide feedback?

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    So I am 6-2 long torso and found alltrack not having sufficient driver headroom. Will take 2nd look this weekend. Can any tall folks provide feedback?

Just shy of 6'2" with a perfect Patagonia torso. I find the S model has plenty of headroom...like 3 or 4 inches. The pano models have less. For the size of the car the amount of space available in the front two seats is really quite remarkable.

Also the base S seats are heads and shoulders above base seats from Toyota or Subaru.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-30-2020 at 12:21 PM.

+3 on the base seats not being the greatest. The GTI or SEL seats bolt right in and are supposed to be way better. Kind of a pain in the ass though.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

No DCT, pass... seriously though wondering why they didn't on the car at that price... but yeah, best wagon ever.

Reviving this old thread...

My 2012 Volvo S60 came so close to imploding last week, I started looking for its replacement. The VW dealer in SW New Hampshire is being very aggressive with the VW Alltrack S. Everything I've read says the SE isn't worth the extra pesos. Plus, VW is offering 0% for 72 months. With a modest trade-in on my car and no $$ out of my pocket, payments for a 6-speed manual could be right around $250/month. Hard to pass up...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Reviving this old thread...

My 2012 Volvo S60 came so close to imploding last week, I started looking for its replacement. The VW dealer in SW New Hampshire is being very aggressive with the VW Alltrack S. Everything I've read says the SE isn't worth the extra pesos. Plus, VW is offering 0% for 72 months. With a modest trade-in on my car and no $$ out of my pocket, payments for a 6-speed manual could be right around $250/month. Hard to pass up...
    I've owned two VW wagons, a TDI and then a gas Sportwagen after the emissions debacle. Great cars, I really liked them a lot but never put high mileage on either so cant speak to long term reliability. They both got great mpg, handled very well, and were both fun to drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Which Wagon?

I like my alltrack S. Great features for me and with heated seats I’m GTG. Handles well in the mtns and has nice 6 speed manual. I’ve had mine for 3 months and am stoked on it. Had a Volvo V70 previously and that had the best seats.

I only have 1500 miles but my choice was based on other mags from wagon thread in padded room that have 40-50k miles on alltracks with no issues. It was like a good billy goat review. It just felt right.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I like my alltrack S. Great features for me and with heated seats I’m GTG. Handles well in the mtns and has nice 6 speed manual. I’ve had mine for 3 months and am stoked on it. Had a Volvo V70 previously and that had the best seats.
    2.3 years in with my Alltrack S, car is paid off, and I'm still loving it. If you want a manual transmission in a small wagon, better get it while they still have some in stock. Every chance I get I tell the VW guys they should consider a limited edition Alltrack GT, with the GTI 2.0 liter, 6MT and better seats, for the TGR crowd.

Yeah, going to be hard to give up my Volvo seats. The most comfortable, supportive seats I've had in any car.

Going to the dealer today to see how badly they want to sell a car that most people other than maggots don't want...a wagon with a manual tranny. Based on what I've recently put into my Volvo, they need to go above KBB trade-in value on it or I cannot justify.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Yeah, going to be hard to give up my Volvo seats. The most comfortable, supportive seats I've had in any car.
    To be fair, we have always had a Volvo in the garage (my wife's car) since before we were married. Several 240's, V70, XC70, now XC60. When the trip is over 2 hours we take the Volvo.

The dealer wasn't interested in my car so it looks like I'll be putting another 100K on my Volvo unless I can sell it for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    To be fair, we have always had a Volvo in the garage (my wife's car) since before we were married. Several 240's, V70, XC70, now XC60. When the trip is over 2 hours we take the Volvo.
    Same here, since I married my wife, I bought her Volvo wagons to be safe with the girls and came to like them so much the last 3 V's were for me. Pretty much set on buying a V90CC next year when the cars are cheaper around April. I can't live in any other seat for that 6 hour drive to Mammoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Gotta say... the seats in the Alltrack are likely my biggest complaint. My ass starts to get unhappy at around an hour. The Volvo seats are amazing, but the price is a bit out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Gotta say... the seats in the Alltrack are likely my biggest complaint. My ass starts to get unhappy at around an hour. The Volvo seats are amazing, but the price is a bit out of reach.
    Kinda feel the same about my sportswagen seats. Just a bit small in the seat I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I own two Toyotas and a Subaru. The seats in the Alltrack are soooooo much better by comparison.

It is all relative. For a guy me they are amazing. 15.5 hours non stop and they feel awesome. For the Euro lux crowd stepping down I can see where they might fall short.

Also had a huge tailwind going west, which is crazy. Mileage with a huge Yakiman box is off the hook when winds are favorable. Of course the wind shifts and it is back down to 24 ish but I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15.5 hours. Fuck that!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I own two Toyotas and a Subaru. The seats in the Alltrack are soooooo much better by comparison.

It is all relative. For a guy me they are amazing. 15.5 hours non stop and they feel awesome. For the Euro lux crowd stepping down I can see where they might fall short.

Also had a huge tailwind going west, which is crazy. Mileage with a huge Yakiman box is off the hook when winds are favorable. Of course the wind shifts and it is back down to 24 ish but I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'll sell you some Euro luxe for $4,500

In my 6 spd manual alltrack I sometimes get 36 mpg avg over a 400 mile stretch of hiway I drive regularly. It’s got a taller gear than the DSG.