what frame am I ?

Decided I want a trail bike in the quiver that would be built with an existing set of parts including a 150 mm 27.5 Pike.

Looking for 490-500 mm reach (stack in the low 600s), 65ish HA, 148 boost rear, 73 mm BSA BB...and 130-140 rear travel. 2.6” clearance would be plenty.

I went thru every brand i could think of available in the US, and could only find 2 candidates: Guerilla Gravity Shred Dogg, and the nukeproof Reactor 275C. In this travel range there’s a ton of 29ers, and a handful of 27.5ers but almost all with considerably less Reach...which is the problem with my XL mojo HD3 frame I’m selling.

Am I missing any 27.5 frames?

Ones with geometry or leverage curves probably.

I've got a shred puppy. It's solid. Given the thickness all I can add is that it's probably going to be among the stiffer frames at that length you might find. It ain't light though.

When Evil updates their bikes soon-ish, I'm sure there will be one that fits that.

Transition Scout seems to tick all of your boxes.

Edit: I think the new yeti sb140 gets most of the way there too. I think it's a pressfit bb though.

Yup should’ve mentioned the Scout — but my experience with Transition quality control lately hasn’t been great so not on my list.

Very nearly got a GG (longer travel configuration) last year but the wait time was a hundred years. I have an extra 210x55 shock that’d fit the GG.

I’m in no rush. Snow hitting this week. Plenty of time to obsess over BB drops, leverage curves, CS length, etc.

Other options that are at least in the ballpark: cannondale bad habit, pyga hyrax, yt jeffsy.

But yeah, the guerrilla gravity seems like the front runner.

A V3 Bronson fits the bill.

Or, a Yeti SB 140.

SB 140 has the press fit BB (people still think noises in their bike are due to these things? Or, do they just remove and install BBs on their personal bikes a lot more frequently than I do?)

The Bronson has a little more travel at 150mm but those things handle trail duties really well.

Scout sounds good too! Or, a V3 5010. With your 150 fork you would not void the warranty on a 5010 and the HA would be right around 65*

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yup should’ve mentioned the Scout — but my experience with Transition quality control lately hasn’t been great so not on my list.
    A ten pound 5 inch frame seems a bit a silly on the transition....

There are a lot of bikes that "almost" fit the bill. Most have more travel and don't really pair well with a Pike in my opinion. Sure you can bump the travel on the pike to 160mm but that fork gets a bit under gunned at that level. It seems the GG is really the only one I can think that really meets your desire. If you wanted to get into a bike that needed a 160mm fork I would consider selling the pike and picking up a lyrik or 36.

The truth is 29inch wheels fit this niche better so a lot of companies don't even bother making 130mm/150mm travel 27.5's... but that's not what this thread is about so carry on.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I'm not sure the size you're looking for, but the new Banshee Spitfire might meet all of those specs. In Large the reach is a little less at 470, but is 495 in XL. Travel of 135mm, 73 threaded BB, 65 HA and stack of 613/621 in L/XL. I've got a 2015 and enjoy it, but haven't heard anything about the new frames from Banshee besides what I've seen on Pinkbike.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/banshe...re-frames.html

Edit: It was also recently announced so I'm not sure what availability is going to look like.
    Last edited by John_B; 11-25-2019 at 02:05 PM.