Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Poor Idaho

My thoughts on Idaho are that I just wish it was so much more Montana in every way.

Kinda like Colorado adjusting it's border and culture to cut out from Morrison eastward, and adding west to Richfield, UT.

Gerry that shit I say.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    My thoughts on Idaho are that I just wish it was so much more Montana in every way.
    That's plain stupid. Have you been to the New Montana?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Rednecks are some of the most loyal fuckers going. Idaho is a great example of this mentality in pretty much everything.
    Do not confuse rednecks with miners! I recently bought a house in a small mining town in Idaho and I have since been made aware that there is a HUGE difference between the two.

Well, yeah, how you gonna get a sunburned neck working in a mine?

Idaho sucks. Tell your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Of which demographic does new montana resemble more?
    South Jersey or north Jersey?
    This feels like need to know information

It resembles Boulder.

Just had firsthand experience with this issue at Autozone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

But did you get in the zone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Rural Canada? Fuck no. I mean, I can get laid in a heartbeat in Montucky, but I don't actually think there are wimmens up that way round.

O o o o o o o o o o o oh oh oh ohhh ooohhhh O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Well, yeah, how you gonna get a sunburned neck working in a mine?

Idaho sucks. Tell your friends.
    ^^^Drives white 250 with buggy whip. Buys large screen TV's, never gets laid. Stockpiles cheap meats. Has a cat for "the mouse problem" in a rented condo. Sips picon's on payday.

Rural Canada? Fuck no. I mean, I can get laid in a heartbeat in Montucky, but I don't actually think there are wimmens up that way round.
    Velcro gloves are pretty foolproof.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Just had firsthand experience with this issue at Autozone.
    Just don't go thinking NAPA is going to solve that. Haven't been in there much in the last few years but for a while there I had a string of 5 or 6 visits in a row getting minutes-long diatribes of pure (and easily debunked) nonsense from behind the parts counter.

^^^Drives white 250 with buggy whip. Buys large screen TV's, never gets laid. Stockpiles cheap meats. Has a cat for "the mouse problem" in a rented condo. Sips picon's on payday.
    This guy gets it. For a second I thought I was reading that thread in the main forum about the previous poster's deepest secrets! I may need to refer back to this as I seek to purify my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Kinda interesting that Idaho is so dumb, but Montana is so smart. I would've guessed the two would've been pretty similar.
    Where did you move to MT from?

Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post
    Do not confuse rednecks with miners! I recently bought a house in a small mining town in Idaho and I have since been made aware that there is a HUGE difference between the two.
    Umm, the Venn diagram for those two has a few thousand percent overlap...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

This is the same non-insightful, myopic, self-centered thinking that got us the last administration. Do these maroons who propose this venture think that things will not change in their new formed paradise? Did it not change already leading them to this point? Do they not understand change is inevitable? Or do they only care about creating something for them with the short time they have left on this rock?

Idaho lawmakers hear pitch to absorb three-fourths of Oregon

BTW - while searching for a suitable thread to stick my rant I noted at least half a dozen or more thread about moving to Idaho Falls ID.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This is the same non-insightful, myopic, self-centered thinking that got us the last administration. Do these maroons who propose this venture think that things will not change in their new formed paradise? Did it not change already leading them to this point? Do they not understand change is inevitable? Or do they only care about creating something for them with the short time they have left on this rock?

Idaho lawmakers hear pitch to absorb three-fourths of Oregon

BTW - while searching for a suitable thread to stick my rant I noted at least half a dozen or more thread about moving to Idaho Falls ID.
    My part of California would like to join too... personally I’m all for California splitting into four states, but along new borders that run West to East...

It's not limited to just E OR, it's also a similar concept to the State of Liberty proposed in the WA Legislature by our own (former) State Rep, Matt Shea. It's also an old play on the State of Columbia that was kicked around when I was a kid where E WA, N ID, and W MT would form into a separate state. I remember our local paper even had an insert that laid out the entire background, boundaries, and form of government. The premise was the same as these OR characters; too much cultural divide from east to west. The likelihood of anything like this happening is very remote.

https://libertystate.org/

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    It's not limited to just E OR, it's also a similar concept to the State of Liberty proposed in the WA Legislature by our own (former) State Rep, Matt Shea. It's also an old play on the State of Columbia that was kicked around when I was a kid where E WA, N ID, and W MT would form into a separate state. I remember our local paper even had an insert that laid out the entire background, boundaries, and form of government. The premise was the same as these OR characters; too much cultural divide from east to west. The likelihood of anything like this happening is very remote.

https://libertystate.org/
    Oh I know it's going nowhere it's just that it's so freakin' dumb.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

dumb people need hobbies too....

That's a fact. As I have pointed out to others in our area regarding Liberty, Spokane County is a net tax dollar importer from the Puget Sound. For every state tax dollar collected in our County, we get $1.34 returned in State spending. That's just in Spokane County which, by its population density compared to other E WA counties, doesn't get as much return on the tax dollar as more sparsely populated counties. Economically, it would be suicidal to cut ties. If we had to replace that tax base, based on our own economy, we would have to increase rates substantially just to have paved roads. On the other hand, if I lived in Seattle and knew the tax offset, I'd be like, Hasta la Vista, Baby!

ETA: I just did a little research on the proposed Liberty State out of curiosity. Just in economic impact, the 20 counties proposed for the new state generated approx. $3.2B in tax revenue while spending $4.45B in expenditures - 2016 numbers from WA OFM. The tax base would have to be increased by 42% just to break even with current expenditures. This because some anti-tax guys are wanting to break away from Seattle? Meanwhile, King County took in $8.0B and spent $5.1B or just 63% of revenues.
    Last edited by GoldMember; 04-14-2021 at 12:56 PM.

I have no redoubt such fucktardedness makes it to the floor of the Idaho legislature.

I have some redoubt. Not saying it's impossible that it gets to the floor, but the fucktardedness of the Idaho legislature is fickle and unpredictable.

When these maroons realize how much of their new state will be automatically designated as Wilderness they'll suddenly decide they don't want to join Idaho after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I have some redoubt. Not saying it's impossible that it gets to the floor, but the fucktardedness of the Idaho legislature is fickle and unpredictable.

When these maroons realize how much of their new state will be automatically designated as Wilderness they'll suddenly decide they don't want to join Idaho after all.
    Yes and when they figure out how much they have to tax and spend to support rural OR along with rural N ID that they already support, they'll also have some second thoughts. It's the same problem the Liberty guys face in E WA. Boise and Portland are the primary economic drivers of their respective states and, taking Portland out of the picture would dump the added financial load onto Boise. The anti-taxxers ought to love that!

Make no mistake, Boise cares nothing whatever for not-Boise. So obviously this wasn't their idea, they're unlikely to be enamored with it and if it actually happened all these "new" places would just be left to fend for themselves in any respect that didn't involve projection of values.