Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
    Got my hands on a pair of jbl L5 tower speakers. Missed a pair locally several months ago, but someone reached out to me and asked if I would trade some speakers for the big Rotel amp. Sure. Trading is fun. So we traded. They're in nice shape, and first impressions are good. They are a true 4 way speaker where the bang and Olufsen are a 3 way with a phase link driver.
    Imaging appears to be superior to the b and o. Bass is stronger, but maybe not quite as tight and controlled. They get great reviews online, and have a smaller footprint than the big b and o, so maybe a little more wife friendly.
    Can they dethrone the b and o?

Any SLC mags want to come over and do a little a b testing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    sigless.

Either way, you're gonna have a nice set up! What music do you like to B test with?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I'm listening to one of my favorite albums right now, medeski martin and wood, Tonic. Just cause it's one of my favorite albums. The speakers are doing a VERY nice job at lower "kids in bed" listening levels. Imaging is superb. Can't tell the music is coming from the speakers at all, instrument placement is crystal clear. Nice clear details. Nice so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    sigless.

Depends on the music type. Hard to beat JBL for rock music.

Welp, the JBL L5 are here to stay. They are solid. Kick ass. Thinking about throwing the big bang and Olufsens up on KSL. Maggots get first dibs?

Listening to daft punk random access memories. Thought meh in the car, but at home where I can pay attention to it, it's pretty damn good. Picked it up at the DI today for $0.50.

Good deal for these... Not mine, I already have a pair ..
    Jbl L5 Speakers https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/66031770

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.