Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azmtbiker View Post
    I live in Vegas and ski 60-70 resort days a year. No skinning for me, only downhill.
    How do u like living in Vegas?

Fuck you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the info.

Probably just see what the weather is around then, then plan accordingly.

I'd totally carve the roof of the Luxor on a cold day..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    there's no fucking snow here
    There's mountains of snow in Vegas. Fair amount of ice too. But, you gotta be careful or you could end up getting wet, whether you want to or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Looks lot Snowbowl’s expecting 40-50 inches over the next couple days. Git some!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Brian Head has some fun little slopes and cool red rock views but small acreage and vert. Being so far south snow coverage can be sketchy. Supposedly it gets the lightest powder in the Country. Only skied there once. It was around X-mas and I encountered a strange crowd. Saw several stretch limos from Vegas in the parking lot unload Japanese tourists who ran in and rented everything. I assume they all went back at the end of the day. Don't know if that is a regular phenomena but BH is definitey close enough to Vegas for day trips.
    Gravity Junkie

You might as well check off Terminal Cancer in the Ruby Mountains, NE Nevada. 30 minutes S of Elko... tons of beta out there.

Also, Elko Snow Bowl- 15 minutes outside the town. Weekends, Jan- mid-March. Could be worth a trip for shits and grins if you're exploring the Rubies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    You might as well check off Terminal Cancer in the Ruby Mountains, NE Nevada. 30 minutes S of Elko... tons of beta out there.

Also, Elko Snow Bowl- 15 minutes outside the town. Weekends, Jan- mid-March. Could be worth a trip for shits and grins if you're exploring the Rubies.
    Only a close 6 hours away.

Get skins and ski the back country in the Springs or get a Battle Born pass at Lee(short runs but great trees and fun spicy side country).Like others have said Eagle point is fun for a day and I've had many a fun day at Brian Head but it's mini golf. 5 hours to Mammoth, 5.5 (or a 90 minute cheap flight)to SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Only a close 6 hours away.
    No shit Sherlock. It’s a big state. I’m from Vegas, and the rubies are worth the mention, being in Nevada and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    No shit Sherlock. It’s a big state. I’m from Vegas, and the rubies are worth the mention, being in Nevada and all.
    I laughed. Go hit this shitty line in a closed canyon in your back door. Tits I say. You could be in Costa Rica.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

6 hours?!!? more like 8.
    and game on!
    Name:  Annotation 2019-11-27 054318.png
Views: 422
Size:  34.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Looks lot Snowbowl’s expecting 40-50 inches over the next couple days. Git some!
    Did a quick drive through on Saturday, things were looking really good. This storm may even put some high up trees in play.

I’d be surprised if they didn’t pick up a couple inches out of the sleeper storm from Monday. There was nothing forecasted for Arizona yet that was some of the craziest shit I’ve driven through, from Kayenta back to 89. Driving head on into 40-50mph blowing snow, vertigo inducing type stuff.

If you decide on hitting SB drop me a line, will definitely be there on Saturday. Maybe Sunday too

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    Get skins and ski the back country in the Springs or get a Battle Born pass at Lee(short runs but great trees and fun spicy side country).Like others have said Eagle point is fun for a day and I've had many a fun day at Brian Head but it's mini golf. 5 hours to Mammoth, 5.5 (or a 90 minute cheap flight)to SLC.
    Dang, those trees look $ cdlv! Are you guys going to get hit with this storm as well?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Dang, those trees look $ cdlv! Are you guys going to get hit with this storm as well?
    1 to 3 feet on top of last week's foot! Resort isn't open yet but hopefully the base in the BC will go after this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    1 to 3 feet on top of last week's foot! Resort isn't open yet but hopefully the base in the BC will go after this storm.
    Noice!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I toured Brain head randomly driving in from Colorado, it was eerie but had never explored Utah so it did seem cool. Took acid in the valley of fire park and hiked/climbed around, it was the best! Would recommend

I've heard from a couple of folks that the road up to Mount Charleston closes with some frequency? True or false? If true, dose it close to clear avalanche conditions, or just because they cant keep up with plowing?

They close it for the parking being over capacity and will have chains/4x4 check points during storms. Very rarely do they close it too much snow.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Tits I say.
    Tits for everyone- Dilly Dilly!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.