Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    FWIW, my understanding of Costco's business practices is that they do try to ensure that their products are not made by "poor children in a Chinese sweat shop".
    A friend's sister is a buyer for Costco, and she said the rule of thumb is that the products are generally already in the marketplace, and they make a deal to rebrand them or purchase them unbranded.

Since VF Corporation (North Face, Columbia, etc) is one of the largest clothing manufacturers in the world, it wouldn't be surprising if that was who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Big-time failure on my part at some lighthearted humor i guess. I’ll let you guys get back to super serious clothing comparisons.
    Oh I laughed. I just think it's worth demonstrating to people why FRS gear lasts so damn long besides just because it's made by people who aren't in dungeons.

My only intent in sharing this deal was to contrast the Costco option with grid fleece from big-box retailers (Patagonia, Mountain Equipment, etc) who are very likely using the same sweatshops as the Costco option for 5-10 times the price. In my mind, Patagonia R1 vs Costco gridfleece is much more of an apples-to-apples comparison.

I don't always manage to live the ethical values that I espouse, but whenever possible, buying kit from a community member that is made in the USA is always better than buying from a Chinese manufacturer. The fact that the group buy on FRS gridfleece was so close in price to Chinese bullshit is nothing short of outstanding - props to MiCol and his team for making a quality product at a cheap price.

I missed out on the group buy for FRS this year, but I'll be on it next year for sure.

tgapp, don’t sweat it man. Solid psa and I’m glad to have picked up a couple for it. I will definitely put mine to use for whatever that may be. Skiing, gym, around town, posting on tgr etc...

$6 discount if you buy four at once. $45.88 for four of them, shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Got mine today too. Agree they maybe run a *touch* large, but just a bit. I’m very happy.
    idk why, but Costco and Sams Club never have clothing in small sizes. The smallest I can find is a regular Medium. It's a shame for us with twiggy physiques

PSA $15 grid fleece tops at Costco

Tried mine out today...felt very much like a R1 lite which was good! I could see using this a lot. May have to get another.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 12-04-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No apology necessary, this was a good deal and MiCol wasn't hurting for takers on his offering.

FWIW, my understanding of Costco's business practices is that they do try to ensure that their products are not made by "poor children in a Chinese sweat shop".
    Huh.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1803.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	304786
    Edit to add, these are real nice pieces for the money. Not a fan of the thumbhole but whateves.

Maybe they’re manufactured by adults?

Pretty sure they start out as kids.....

Did you really think by my statement I meant Costco doesn't sell products made in China?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You must be a blast at parties.

As a Canadian, I could care less about what nationality sweats away making my clothing, as long as its functional and reasonably priced.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Between that and free health care you make Canada sound pretty good. How often would I see foreign politics on the news?

I snagged a couple of these from 2Funky's local store while he was napping and they're definitely a wide fit through the body. So less functional compared to FRS gear, but they're still functional enough around the house, when placed at risk under elbow pads, or when the preferred gear is too funky. Worth $11. Does not make up for missing the FRS deal.

You must be a blast at parties.
    I know you are but what am I?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone want to catch and release a medium? Don't see it on the website any longer.

Update:
    Bought two. Very high quality and warm comfy piece. Pretty much live in mine around the house. Skied last weekend in it with the FRS base layer under it, really warm combo. Wicks well and fits perfectly. Solid buy.

If anyone has any spare Mediums, let me know. The Large fits much larger than I was hoping. Definitely more like an XL. Now they don't have them online anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    If anyone has any spare Mediums, let me know. The Large fits much larger than I was hoping. Definitely more like an XL. Now they don't have them online anymore.
    For what’s worth, my XL shrank a decent amount after a couple washes and drys. Moved me from wondering if I should have ordered an L be being glad I had an XL.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    My XL shrank a decent amount after a couple washes. YMMV.
    Washing or drying? My L has not shrunk at all as I washed it in cold and don’t dry it in the dryer. It even says to wash in Cold water and low heat. L fits my 5’10 200lb frame perfectly.

Prob drying as I wash everything in cold.

But I dried it warm—never even read the instructions as I was actually hoping for a little shrinking.

Gotcha. Phatty could wash his in warm and dry warm and it would more than likely fit, if not rinse and repeat..

Gotcha. Phatty could wash his in warm and dry warm and it would more than likely fit, if not rinse and repeat..
    Thanks for the tips. I was thinking the same thing. I'm 6'2" 190 and it's a little looser on me. Fine for casual around the house.

I have two Ls if anyone wants them before I return. (I am keeping the Ms).

FYI, after a couple hot wash/hot dry cycles, the L shrunk up a bit and now fits perfect. Great shirt for an awesome price. I hope they sell them again.