Homemade cranberry hooch

I have decided I want to make a batch of cranberry booze. Never done it before. Planning to make it from 190 proof grain alcohol. I found two recipes on the Everclear website. https://makeityourown.com/recipes/fe...pice-moonshine https://makeityourown.com/recipes/fe...avors-infusion Both look pretty easy so I'm considering giving one or both a try. Has anyone on here ever done this? Have any tips or recipes you want to share?

you're not really making hooch, you're just making cocktails.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    you're not really making hooch, you're just making cocktails.
    yeah I really don't care what you call it. local stores mostly call it vodka but it's just flavored booze.

Every Christmas I make batches of cranberry gin n tonics. I posted the recipe here somewhere.

They’re dangerously good.
    I still call it The Jake.

I will keep that in mind for the summer. I am seeing fresh cranberries in the markets right now though
    Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Every Christmas I make batches of cranberry gin n tonics. I posted the recipe here somewhere.

They’re dangerously good.
    if anyone has found this, post it up...sounds refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    if anyone has found this, post it up...sounds refreshing
    Found it. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...16#post3473316

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I got it from an old Christmas issue of Gourmet Magazine. Here's the link: http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s...gin-and-tonics

Of course when I'm drinking for one I reduce the amounts but the gist of the cranberry reduction is the same; get that and just add it to a gin and tonic - good stuff and it does feel like a nice holiday drink!
    Last year we started garnishing with a sprig of rosemary with a few of the cranberries stick through.

ETA: And since Gourmet is no longer here’s the recipe posted elsewhere

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...-tonics-236692

thx!

Can't you just drinking while looking at a bottle of Ocean Spray?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Homemade cranberry hooch

The end of Gourmet was another sign of the demise of civilization as we know it
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Can't you just drinking while looking at a bottle of Ocean Spray?
    I laft

To properly make a batch of cranberry liquor you will first need a shit pile of cranberries. Then you need to crush them up and strain them out so you have plenty of juice. Put in a really big vat. Then dump in a couple of bags of sugar, dont be stingy. Dump it all in. Followed by a generous amount of yeasties of your choice. This is where the magic happens, let them do their thing until all sugar is consumed after which they urinate alkeyhall and fart out CO2.

You will then need to run this off in granpappys still. Take off the heads and set aside. Take your time and do not rush it unless the revenuers come knocking. Make sure you do the cuts correctly and after the run blend back in the tails to taste.

You can thank me later.
    watch out for snakes

Scotty’s got it. Cranberry hooch is made in somebody’s back shed and is half filled with little booze bombs masquerading as cranberries. “Effective” is a more common descriptor than “good”.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Yes, it is totally proper to have a handful of cranberry grenades patrolling in the jar.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    It really was.

My sister was working for Condé Nast at the time and when Gourmet shuttered she moved all her work to Bon Appetit. The restaurant access she had in New York during those years was something else. She still keeps up with her CN colleagues and she said even recently that people still are lamenting the loss of Gourmet.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    The lost Christmas recipes of Gourmet:

https://www.epicurious.com/holidays-...ial-type=owned

Pair those courses each with a beer or other adult libation and WWCD!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I laft

To properly make a batch of cranberry liquor you will first need a shit pile of cranberries. Then you need to crush them up and strain them out so you have plenty of juice. Put in a really big vat. Then dump in a couple of bags of sugar, dont be stingy. Dump it all in. Followed by a generous amount of yeasties of your choice. This is where the magic happens, let them do their thing until all sugar is consumed after which they urinate alkeyhall and fart out CO2.

You will then need to run this off in granpappys still. Take off the heads and set aside. Take your time and do not rush it unless the revenuers come knocking. Make sure you do the cuts correctly and after the run blend back in the tails to taste.

You can thank me later.
    I guess that's the trick then, aint it? Proper cuts. I watch Moonshiners on Discovery and now know enough to know I am not willing to fuck with it. And how come those guys aren't all in jail?

We made limoncello which basically involves soaking lemon zest in vodka for a few weeks, adding to simple syrup and letting it sit for a few more weeks. Very popular to make at home in Italy and very nice to drink.

Past lemon batches are what inspired my current project which turned out delicious BTW. Discovered a great drink for the holidaze, stir with ice and strain 3/4 oz cranberry booze, 3/4 oz sweet vermouth, 1.5 oz bourbon, and a couple dashes of orange bitters.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We made limoncello which basically involves soaking lemon zest in vodka for a few weeks, adding to simple syrup and letting it sit for a few more weeks. Very popular to make at home in Italy and very nice to drink.