Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Another vote for Wren 96 or Head Core 99.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    The 100 is the softer version but only by a few red c*$! hairs.
    always get the red ones
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If you want a narrow, turnier Cochise, why not get a Bonafide?

^^ This. It even comes in red.

I'll sell you my 180cm 2014 Bonafides.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/blizzard-bonafide-2014

I have some Bonafides and it was a great ski 5 years ago when I was 5 years younger. I ski as many tree lines as possible and find them too heavy if I am not flying...which I don't do as much any more. If you want to skid and slash to scrub speed, they are still a lot of work in my experience.

I am keeping them ready to go if I need them, but we will see if I ever ski them again.

I cut a hell of a lot of weight off my setup going from Lange RX130 LV, 180cm Bonafides w/ Dukes to Solly S/Max 130 Carbons, Sick Day 104s w/ Attack2 13s.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

What about the Scout?
    If you’re looking for a slightly less burly Cochise, then the Cochise with no metal seems like the logical answer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Kinda different style but I like the 4frnt raven. A ninja like experience, stiff when you need it to be, gotta be on top though. This is 184 old version, telemark, but they rail!

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    What ski am I? 95-100mm, 22m, 180cm, damp and stiff.
    If you believe you like damp & stiff, might as well shoot for the moon and try to demo Head skis (e.g. Monster 98). There might be a length of that model that might fit your personal sweet spot target along the power vs. agility spectrum. If you end up not liking that demo session, then at least you learned more about what does NOT fit your tastes, which is valuable to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    If you want a narrow, turnier Cochise, why not get a Bonafide?
    That's my initial reaction, too. The Cochise was a popular "hit" model for the general public, and OP seemed to like it. If OP wants popular "hits" that fit his new criteria, might as well try to demo the many generations of Mantras and Bonafides (which are also huge "hits").

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    ...I've got about 600 days on the Cochise in the past four seasons with another 50 or so on the Spurs...
    Your situation leads me to advise this: Demo everything you can, without any time limit. You've been skiing >150 days per year. That means: 1) you an afford to "waste" many many days dedicated to demo-ing many ski models, because you will still have plenty of "free skiing" days leftover in addition to that, and 2) it's worth your effort to demo everything, because it will pay off >150 days per year for years to come, when you will keep skiing on your VERY FAVORITE ski model, newly discovered via extensive demo-ing.

And yes, one good way to demo is to buy used $120 Rossi Experience 98, ski on it for a while, then you can always re-sell it later for $100 or whatever. A $20 net loss is a decent price for "demo-ing" a ski model.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

bonafide is my vote. i’m buying either 180 or 187 to replace my OG 193 cochise. i was using the cochise for groomers and hard snow the last few years and ON3P for everything else. skied the latest cochise a few days last year in 185 and it was more poppy than the bonafide but i do not think it jives with the profile, or at least what i wanted out of the ski. better all around for most people i’m sure. the wren 108 does a better job of that for me. also skied the storm rider which was fun for a bit but at least in WA would not do it for me.

Im hooked on my Volkl 90eights. Great stiffness without metal. Playful enough for moguls and blasting through trees. Picked up a pair of 100eights late season last year. Just spent one day on them but it was a good day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk