Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Stupid shit your significant other bought

Not picking on wives, all partners are fair play here - your husband, wife, queer partner what ever. Our negativity doesn't discriminate. What stupid shit have they bought that you need to publicly ridicule?

Mine bought this weird ass skirt thing to wear over ski pants, maybe to make the chair lift warmer? I really don't know. She couldn't explain it's function either, but she bought it cause she "really wanted it".

$160 (CAD). She claims it was on sale but went out of her way to hide the receipt. This was on a ski trip to Mont Ste Anne. By the end of the trip she was starting to see it was perhaps not the greatest value and she wanted to return it. But she couldn't find the receipt. Brought it home with the intention of selling it online to recoup some of that money. But she has managed to get paint on it. (artist things)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191120_131558.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	545.1 KB 
ID:	303059

Name:	20191120_131605.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	474.0 KB 
ID:	303058

i think that's more of an apres ski garment than one to wear over ski pants

think over tights or long underwear...

I am not casting stones.

That’s pretty expensive, but tbh I think they look really cute on the right woman.

I’m guessing you have a joint account. Separate accounts ftw if you ask me - it helps.

And there's a lot I'd overlook for a size XS.

The $300 worth of Chatbooks sitting in my living room are a fabulous investment that I am eternally grateful for.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post

Name:	20191120_131605.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	474.0 KB 
ID:	303058
    I had to look for the bright side of those: my wife has about 3 insulated skirts, at least one Skhoop, which is long and was worn on the walk to work for at least a season instead of driving 1 mile through the snow. I think it was on sale for $100. Totally worth it. (Cough)

What I would give for a season with more days that need a powder kilt, though!

be happy the amount is so low

I wonder how she would answer the same question ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I wonder how she would answer the same question ?
    Needs its own thread. Might not garner as much honesty.

Mrs.Meat - "I want it."
    Me - "No you don't".

Few weeks later I find it in the closet. Wtf is this shit?

Wants and needs don't seem to correlate that often.

Having my "don't buy anything*" year now. Bought a pair of shoes (that I did not need that much) and it has been fascinating to study this Want syndrome.
    In the first few weeks, wanted a shit ton of stuff. Then came the bargaining and selfmanipulation; "I need this because of work..."
    Yeah, right.

But, apart from books, I have basically bought nothing because I realised I have everything I need.
    T-Shirts? 21
    Pants? 12
    Skis? 6 pairs, 2 teles, 2 snowboards
    Electric gizmos? They are all still working...and I could actually use them less.

But, services? Damn. Would love to try out the Google Stadia, Tidal, Amazon Prime...but lets see.

I think I will run out of certain clothes by 2021, so lets see if I can outsource the buying to my significant other...
    Win/Win, right?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    And there's a lot I'd overlook for a size XS.
    Looool

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    i think that's more of an apres ski garment than one to wear over ski pants

think over tights or long underwear...
    This. My wife has one or two. There already is a vent about your sig. other thread.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

one of those old school non-motorized mechanical squeaky push mowers (we don't have a lawn or any grass to 'mow'). Later sold at someone's yard sale for a fantastic loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Separate accounts ftw if you ask me
    +1.

post the skirt in gear swap?
    Ms Middle is always cold and that's something she might dig, on top of tights or yoga pants.

I am a function over form purchaser. Sometimes to a problem.

My wife is a form over function purchaser.... we have so much stuff that doesn’t work well for its intended purpose.

- We have laundry baskets that don’t work well as laundry baskets (there is an inner lining that falls down/out) but I guess they look good.

- the dog leash is too heavy for the little dog. The clip doesn’t work. But I guess it looks good.

- The side tables in one of the bedrooms are so light that when you pull on the drawer it tips the table rather than move the drawer. But I guess it looks good.

- None of the fancy soap dispensers in any of the restrooms actually do a decent job of dispensing soap.

- The fancy shower curtain hooks fall off the rod.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

She bought some stupid expensive sheets (trust me it's nutty how much they cost). Put them on the bed. The first night the fitted sheet comes off, I'm all twisted up in it, in the morning I try to figure out what's wrong with them and I look at the label - California King size. We don't have a California King bed. Can't return used sheets, now we got these things forfuckingever. Okey doke.

one that always comes to mind is mrs XXX-er had to have a new BBQ

and then goes vegan right after I buy it

Fortunately its been a long time since she cost me any money,

she always cost me money cuz she never had any of her own

she is now on husband # 5 so last i heard she is costing HIM money
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Name:	IMG_2566.JPG 
Views:	365 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	303072

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    She bought some stupid expensive sheets (trust me it's nutty how much they cost). Put them on the bed. The first night the fitted sheet comes off, I'm all twisted up in it, in the morning I try to figure out what's wrong with them and I look at the label - California King size. We don't have a California King bed. Can't return used sheets, now we got these things forfuckingever. Okey doke.
    Send them to me? (what do they look like?)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

Name:	IMG_2566.JPG 
Views:	365 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	303072

/thread

My wife spent ~$450 on essential oils and diffusers from Doterra (which is basically a pyramid scheme). They were used for a month and then promptly forgotten.

Name:	diffuser.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	303073

Stupid shit your significant other bought

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Easy solution, just buy a new bed that fits those sheets.

Fortunately for you, Benny started a mattress thread awhile back, should help you out.

Edit to add: on the right woman those puffy skirts look awesome with yoga pants and boots.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ha. My wife has like 3 or 4 variations of that skirt. I think they look good and she mostly wears them at forest service cabins with yoga pants/leggings. I think they were some of my better xmas presents.

And x2 or whatever on separate bank accounts. I also want a hot tub so she can buy plenty of stupid shit if I end up with a hot tub.

It just needs to be said. Yoga pants are pretty much the greatest invention the world has ever known.

What drove me crazy for years was Mrs. MT buying the gallon of milk at the eckards drug store for $5 when it was $2 at the kroger next door.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post

Name:	20191120_131558.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	545.1 KB 
ID:	303059
    Ah, so THAT must be the famous powder skirt that was causing such an uproar a little while back. I see! Hmmm. (Did that classic GS thread get nuked? I can't seem to find it for reference)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    My wife spent ~$450 on essential oils and diffusers from Doterra (which is basically a pyramid scheme). They were used for a month and then promptly forgotten.
    Spending $45 on Doterra products is cringe-worthy. $450? Ooof, vibes.