Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I have bought waaaaay more stupid shit than my wife, but she does have an affinity for decorating for all the major holidays, which confounds me. Whatever, I ain't the boss of her.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

- the dog leash is too heavy for the little dog. The clip doesn’t work. But I guess it looks good.
    Did she also buy the little dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    It just needs to be said. Yoga pants are pretty much the greatest invention the world has ever known.
    ONLY when properly applied. And there is a LOT of misapplication of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    ONLY when properly applied. And there is a LOT of misapplication of those things.
    I'll take the good with the bad. As an apparent side result, living in a ski town has gotten immensely better now that it is ok for the ladies to just wear their long underwear around in public. Apparently yoga pants = ski underwear. Wear them to the bar, around the grocery store, pumping gas, etc. It truly is a golden age we are living in.

My wife doesn't really buy that much stupid stuff (I'm the more likely offender, particularly in relation to outdoor gear). What she does is get depressed about the state of the world and then give money to charity in response. Now, there are way worse things and I'd rather just give $500 away to some hopefully worthy cause than have a Dotera essential oil diffuser, but still. This was a single income, new child era for us, so our finances weren't at their most flexible.

But it was - as mentioned - a new child era, so I wasn't saying shit.

I'm pretty sure my wife thinks she can single-handedly prop up the Economy through the purchase of $65-80 votive candle holders.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my wife thinks she can single-handedly prop up the Economy through the purchase of $65-80 votive candle holders.
    She should hang out with my wife who thinks the same about electric rechargeable candles. In her defense, she bought them because I grounded her from candles for one year after she almost burnt the house down.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    I'll take the good with the bad. As an apparent side result, living in a ski town has gotten immensely better now that it is ok for the ladies to just wear their long underwear around in public. Apparently yoga pants = ski underwear. Wear them to the bar, around the grocery store, pumping gas, etc. It truly is a golden age we are living in.
    Recreational weed and svelte chicks in their underwear in public. It *is* a golden age...

Buy her a St. Iggy candle for them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Buy her a St. Iggy candle for them.

St. Iggy would be a good addition.

https://www.glassybaby.com/

At least 50 of those. To be fair, it's a pretty easy gift default.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I see everything mentioned so far and raise you this:Name:  stupid shit.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  3.7 KB
    yes, a side table made of fuckin' log ends (more like fence posts)
    JHC, it's not even worthy of a school shop project

The skirt in the original post is actually functional, lots of ski club moms and such wear them, some look very good. As for yoga pants there's a reason Chip was asked to leave daily operations of Lululemon to someone else. Telling certain women he didn't design pants for them and wouldn't make XL and up doesn't go over well, unfortunately.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I'm so glad my wife doesn't post in here. I buy a fantastic amount of stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    She bought some stupid expensive sheets (trust me it's nutty how much they cost). Put them on the bed. The first night the fitted sheet comes off, I'm all twisted up in it, in the morning I try to figure out what's wrong with them and I look at the label - California King size. We don't have a California King bed. Can't return used sheets, now we got these things forfuckingever. Okey doke.
    I’m interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    She should hang out with my wife who thinks the same about electric rechargeable candles. In her defense, she bought them because I grounded her from candles for one year after she almost burnt the house down.
    I'm trying to imagine the conversation where I tell my wife she's grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I see everything mentioned so far and raise you this:Name:  stupid shit.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  3.7 KB
    yes, a side table made of fuckin' log ends (more like fence posts)
    JHC, it's not even worthy of a school shop project

The skirt in the original post is actually functional, lots of ski club moms and such wear them, some look very good. As for yoga pants there's a reason Chip was asked to leave daily operations of Lululemon to someone else. Telling certain women he didn't design pants for them and wouldn't make XL and up doesn't go over well, unfortunately.
    Could be worse. Here’s a $840 log round. Goes great by your artisan firewood.

https://www.burkedecor.com/products/...8aAkKZEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Send them to me? (what do they look like?)
    I’ll get in line after chup. Hard to find cali king sheets sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Right? I'd be dead in hours if I said something like that.
    This morning Ms B informed me that her Amazon CC had yet another fraudulent charges and had been canceled. Third time this year. I joked that it may be the only way for her to curb her Amazon problem (we're at the point where I worry if there isn't a box on the porch every day). All I got in response were raised eyebrows and later a picture of an Amazon cart with a new Roomba and another robot that mops the floor along with a message stating that if I wasn't going to sweep and mop I should just STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    This. Terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

yeah, i've seen that too, and i feel bad for selling Arcteryx clothing to people
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This morning Ms B informed me that her Amazon CC had yet another fraudulent charges and had been canceled. Third time this year. I joked that it may be the only way for her to curb her Amazon problem (we're at the point where I worry if there isn't a box on the porch every day). All I got in response were raised eyebrows and later a picture of an Amazon cart with a new Roomba and another robot that mops the floor along with a message stating that if I wasn't going to sweep and mop I should just STFU.
    Your wife is a keeper

That is funny as hell

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Amazon started using USPS by us. Which means their shipping is more like 3-4 days and they deliver the packages to the mailbox which is .5 miles away at the start of the private road. This is somehow extremely inconvenient and now my wife went from 2-3 packages a day to almost 0. It’s great.

If I go home and don't see a package on the porch, I just assume we have been porch pirated.

I refer to 'em as "door prizes", as in "Dear, you got 3 more door prizes today."

Those fucking Glassy Babies? The fascination with those is something I will never understand...

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Your wife is a keeper

That is funny as hell
    She's definitely that.
    She's also a person who buys a shark-shaped cat bed cause it's really cute. We already have 4 cat beds in the house and the cats only use one since they sleep on our bed. And the shark-bed scares them. Great conversation starter when we have people over though...

Last year she bought a couple of foam pool noodles on Amazon to cut and stick in her boots (something about helping them keep their shape in storage). $1.98 and free shipping, why not? Expect the fuckers came in 2 separate packages... from China. The Home Depot down the street may have been a bit more reasonable an option but she thinks it's not worth her time to go there.

Amazon started using USPS by us. Which means their shipping is more like 3-4 days and they deliver the packages to the mailbox which is .5 miles away at the start of the private road. This is somehow extremely inconvenient and now my wife went from 2-3 packages a day to almost 0. It’s great.
    I need to bribe the Amazon delivery guys so they hold her packages back then! Same day delivery is now available for a lot of stuff in SLC and I'm worried nothing will slow her down if she can just buy something and have it show up a few hours later. It could get dangerous for me, the delivery peeps tend to stack packages between the door and the storm door so they're not visible from the street and one day I'm going to get lanched when I open the door. Chances are she won't find me until she gets to bringing the lower layers of packages inside the house!
    We're already at the point where I have to break down and partially cut all the boxes or they overflow the recycling bin within a couple of days of it being picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    If I go home and don't see a package on the porch, I just assume we have been porch pirated.
    I refer to 'em as "door prizes", as in "Dear, you got 3 more door prizes today."
    Same here. If there's no package I assume somebody stole it, if there's only I wonder if everything is alright.
    My actual job is to take packages in the house. Nothing is ever for me so I don't bother checking the label, I just update her on the number.