Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I dated a girl years ago... super smart and generally had great common sense, the exception being an obsession with brand names and labels that clouded all judgment. Never seen anything like it before or since. She couldn't buy anything that didn't have a high end label. The purses were the most mind-boggling. One day she showed up with a new one that I happened to notice since she was showing it off but accompanied by an embarrassed "I did something bad giggle". So how much did you pay for that thing?? She hid her face and put up 3 fingers. Jesus you spend $300 on a fucking purse? Face still hidden there was a clear head shake, No. Oh shit..... She had dozens of them. Never asked about price again, didn't want to know.
    I've got this friend whose Instagram page would lead you to believe he's some type of "influencer." Predominantly product placement shit. The problem is there's no way he's getting anything in return for all this free advertising. He's just a gear whore.

My wife is pretty good comparatively with the buying of senseless crap.

However, she is a hoarder of boxes and used wrapping paper. I'll never forget when we moved out of our last rental. There was a 12x16 shed, which from the day we moved in, was magically filled with boxes by her. I had been hoping to have myself a nice little shop, we even got into it from time to time about how I never fixed the little stuff. "Well if I had my shop" and all. She never liked the argument.

So we move. The division of labor negotiated was she packs, I move/haul. Ok fair enough. We get everything out of the place except for everything in this overloaded shed, which I am clearly procrastinating moving because man it seems like a lot of stuff ... that isn't mine.

After much delay I take an afternoon off work to move what I think will be a back breaking amount of shit, only to discover that every single box in the damn thing is empty. Literally like 2000 cubic feet of cardboard, air, and an alarming amount of mouse shit. WHAT. THE. FUCK.
    Live Free or Die

That’s just fuckin’ funny!

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    This week my wife bought two owl pellets
    !?

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    !?
    +1. Where does one buy owl pellets? And more importantly, why?

A handheld vacuum showed up at the house yesterday. On top of the new Roomba and his floor-mopping cousin. Which are meant to replace a Roomba which is old but still does its job (4 cats & 1 dog, gotta give the poor robot some credit) and a steamer mop /carpet cleaner which also works fine. Not to be confused with the dedicated carpet cleaner we have which also works fine but doesn't get used because we have no carpet and all the rugs are machine-washable.
    Apparently the handheld vacuum is meant for spots where the regular vacuum cleaner can't go. Oh, you thought we didn't have a regular vacuum cleaner? We do. It has a long flexy hose with several adapters so it can go everywhere. And if it can't we also have the shop vac with an even longer hose and stronger suction. But the handheld vacuum will be more convenient to deal with one particular situation (cleaning the litter box tray) so it was needed. All hail the power of the vacuum!!

Oddly, I always manage to clean around the litter box with a broom + dust pan.

dissecting owl pellets was a somewhat common middle school science experiment. you find out that owls eat lots of rodents.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    We live in Vermont, surrounded by dozens of farms and miles of rolling countryside. Last year for my kid's bday party, my wife wanted bails or hay for the kids to sit on while they do toddler shit in the yard. Instead of going to one of the many farms with signs that say "Hay for sale" she goes out and buys bails of synthetic/plastic hay. WTF? Over a year later, I have a stack of fake, plastic hay sitting in the shed. It will exist and not biodegrade for well over a millennia.
    You sure it wasn't *straw* she wanted?

#farmhumor

Pillows. Millions and millions of pillows that serve no functional purpose other than to make beds couches and patio furniture look nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man... the more I read in this thread and the other one... the more I realize I should be FOREVER GRATEFUL for the woman I have.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Pillows. Millions and millions of pillows that serve no functional purpose other than to make beds couches and patio furniture look nice.
    That all need to be removed if you actually want to use those couches. Makes sense to me...

^internet is amazing. Looks like there are a ton of suppliers including https://pellet.com/ and they are inexpensive
    Now that I know it will be hard to resist. Be the cool family member that breaks out some owl pellets to impress the kids

If you haven't had owl pellets before some of them have skulls in them

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Man... the more I read in this thread and the other one... the more I realize I should be FOREVER GRATEFUL for the woman I have.

To be fair, and it's been mentioned up thread a fair bit, I bet Ms Boissal is posting in a similar thread on some other forum about all the dumb shit I buy...
    Compulsive buyer syndrome is a small price to pay for me to have such a spectacularly awesome better half. She could buy owl pellets on the daily and I'd still be the one getting the long end of the stick in the relationship

sounds like owl pellets are not exactly what I expected based on the words.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That all need to be removed if you actually want to use those couches. Makes sense to me...
    2 things no married man has ever said: "this bed needs (1) more pillows and (2) less sex."

I've got this friend whose Instagram page would lead you to believe he's some type of "influencer." Predominantly product placement shit. The problem is there's no way he's getting anything in return for all this free advertising. He's just a gear whore.
    that's 90% of the people on here.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

There's a reason they call them "throw" pillows.

How much did she pay for said "owl pellets" and can you send me her address? I know where a barn full might be and can give her a discount for quantity.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    2 things no married man has ever said: "this bed needs (1) more pillows and (2) less sex."

Unless said bed doesn't have a Liberator Pillow, in which case, it does need one more. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Unless said bed doesn't have a Liberator Pillow, in which case, it does need one more. You're welcome.
    We agreed that her punishment for having all these pillows is that each of them must be used in a liberator-like fashion. Idk, seems like a win win for her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Same sentiment here. She got full designer and decor rights to the master bedroom suite we added to the house 6 years ago. I got to take over the living room with all my music and skateboard gear that had been in a rickety walled in back porch that was taken out to add on the master suite..
    My wife can have all the freaking pillows she wants as long as I get to play my drums and guitars and hang 30 skateboards on the wall in the living room LOL!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Same sentiment here. She got full designer and decor rights to the master bedroom suite we added to the house 6 years ago. I got to take over the living room with all my music and skateboard gear that had been in a rickety walled in back porch that was taken out to add on the master suite..
    My wife can have all the freaking pillows she wants as long as I get to play my drums and guitars and hang 30 skateboards on the wall in the living room LOL!
    And the more I read, the more I realize that my WIFE should be forever grateful for the man she picked.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    This week my wife bought two owl pellets to dissect and then left them in the kitchen on a plate for days, for once I wish she had some overpriced candles to get rid of the smell. And she also bought some way overpriced Stance socks that say Metallica, she went to 3 different shops to find them. We have separate bank accounts, so I just go with the flow. Each week is unique and a bit entertaining. And this week is not done yet.

I have a sinking feeling she spends a good chunk of our retirement money at The Container Store though.
    Owl pellets? Is your wife in middle school? I don't think that's legal.

Iceman, get a California King. They are threesome size. Have threesome, post TR. DO NOT bring out the maul.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

My S.O. is an independent business person for 30+ yrs has paid for all her own shit, has her own car/house/money, seems to spend a lot of money on plants, books and yoga pants ... can't complain about that
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Iceman, get a California King. They are threesome size. Have threesome, post TR. DO NOT bring out "the maul"
    maybe you should let mrsiceman decide that for herself before you insinuate yourself into their new cali king activities