Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brain Farts: Trip related

Today we are leaving for Costa Rica. This year we invited my daughters boyfriend. This morning it is dumping in Park city. We leave nice and early for the airport. Upon our arrival he realizes that he forgot his backpack with his passport at the house. Now he needs to drive back to the house in the snow and try to make it back to the airport in time for an 11:15 flight. There is no guarantee that he will make the plane at this point. Oh boy
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Dump the chump.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That will be a great life lesson whether he makes the flight or not

Maybe he didn't want to go?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Maybe he's just not that into your daughter?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56C18A43-5271-4498-9EF1-D1AEB00B5F52.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	549.6 KB 
ID:	303034Right. He’d rather ski the ribbon at Brighton then catch a sailfish, And have this view from his bedroom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	524E1550-EAEC-428F-87C4-3801DBFC7628.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	303035

Surely you're monitoring his geo-positioning - updates?

Did he wake n bake?

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Maybe he's just not that into your daughter?
    Slooooow pitch...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I did receive an e-vite for a serious throwdown at a pimpin pad in SLC last night......

We are all on the plane. Pura vida
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

My kid did that once but I think one of his roommates was able to get it to him in time.
    My other kid, in the middle of an interview trip, left his ID and credit cards on a plane--so no way to fly, no way to pay for hotels and rental cards, etc. I was getting ready to fly across the country so I could drive him around and pay for hotel rooms when his wallet was returned to him.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Uncertain if that's a good thing or not. I guess at least your daughter will be happy.

Pics of...oh never mind.

I once did that but with my work computer that I absolutely needed. Jumped back into the Uber, told him I’d just pay cash and wait while I checked my bags. I got back to the airport 25 minutes before departure and got to the plane as doors were closing. Only had to use my limo driver credentials twice to get through security.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    enjoy t day with the cr fam
    were gonna make it back there with youse on of these years
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Right. He’d rather ski the ribbon at Brighton then catch a sailfish, And have this view from his bedroom.
    You left out the place where you can feed live chickens to alligators for $5.

Not sure what all the angst was about, NetJets will wait.

Wait, please don't tell us you went commercial?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Shit happens especially when you’re young. . I went on a weeklong road trip and forgot my tent. Got all the way out to my campsite and tore the car apart looking for it. Went back to town and Bought one on clearance for $60 and it was the best tent with hundreds of nights over 10 years-still looks brand new. Forgot camp chairs on another week long road trip. Bought a cheap one at North40 and it’s been better than any one else. Plus you get that memory.

I once bought a train ticket for the wrong day in Norway. I'd had to refresh the page and totally forgot to reset the date. Found out when someone else said "I'm sorry, but I think this is my seat." Thankfully the conductor found an empty spot for me.

My wife was traveling to a job interview a week or so ago. She was supposed to fly in, rent a car, drive to the site an hour or so away. She realizes at the airport that her driver's license is expired.

I generally forget one important item per trip. Ski boots elude me sometimes. Googles too. Landing nets and sleeping bags have really fucked up some plans recently. Smoke another one
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I booked the wrong hotel nights for a trip. Because of that page refresh thingy mentioned above. Drove 5 hours and they didn't have any rooms. Fortunately another hotel nearby that we contract with had a room. I had arrived just in time to watch that week's episode of Lost. Missed it because of the booking snafu.

Brain Farts: Trip related

Planes fly to Costa Rica from SLC frequently enough, pretty sure he could get on another flight. People forget stuff from time to time if leaving early AM. Maybe you hid his backpack cause you really don’t want him on on the trip j/k

Couple years back I found myself, in the middle of the night, sprinting through the park next to my house when I realized I had completely forgot to put pants on after dropping that 270ug tab of... oh wait... that's not what we're talking about.....
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

A few years ago a buddy of mine had to drive solo from SLC to Golden BC for a hut trip. He mad it to the Canadian border where the was reminded a passport would be needed to enter the country. Oops. He drove all the way back to SLC then turned around and drove straight back to BC. He was very stoic about the whole ordeal.

Ms Boissal has an impressive track record of forgetting key items while backpacking and just dealing with it. Last year she was up in the Uintas in late October and realized she had brought 2 tents instead of a tent + sleeping bag. She was undettered by the forecast and spent a very cold night using the extra tent and the dog as a blanket. The temps were down in the teens, she came back looking like a popsicle with burnt hair from trying to keep her fire going.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    A few years ago a buddy of mine had to drive solo from SLC to Golden BC for a hut trip. He mad it to the Canadian border where the was reminded a passport would be needed to enter the country. Oops. He drove all the way back to SLC then turned around and drove straight back to BC. He was very stoic about the whole ordeal.

Ms Boissal has an impressive track record of forgetting key items while backpacking and just dealing with it. Last year she was up in the Uintas in late October and realized she had brought 2 tents instead of a tent + sleeping bag. She was undettered by the forecast and spent a very cold night using the extra tent and the dog as a blanket. The temps were down in the teens, she came back looking like a popsicle with burnt hair from trying to keep her fire going.
    Oh man. Pics or it didn't happen.