Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Oh I've pondered it for sure.

Choose between:

1. Work in the dying local industry, scraping by as a laborer or maybe a manager if you're lucky. Stagnation, health problems, overtime, poverty.

2. Start or bring your own successful business, scrape by as an entrepreneur for at least a while. Work too much, don't play enough. Tolerate the hate and jealousy from the bitter locals until your property is vandalized or wife harassed one too many times. Struggle to afford health care, get jaded quickly, yearn for community.

Or something like that. Just like any little Shithole-in-an-Otherwise-Great-Spot town.
    3.) telecommute part time and be a ghost. Quietly enjoy the bounty and don’t employ the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    3.) telecommute part time and be a ghost. Quietly enjoy the bounty and don’t employ the locals.
    But why live in a town at all, then?

Not dealing with some long ass driveway and being an hour from a grocery store or a coffee shop

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just wish you’d sell the goddam Mountain Equipment Jackets.

touch-aye

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I just wish you’d sell the goddam Mountain Equipment Jackets.

Me too.

is your new inbox full?

I'm guessing an impotent shriveled penis means nobodys box is getting full anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I'm guessing an impotent shriveled penis means nobodys box is getting full anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Not dealing with some long ass driveway and being an hour from a grocery store or a coffee shop

I'd rather live an hour from the grocery store than live amongst neighbors I couldn't happily interact with daily.

Not to judge the place or anything.

Which is why Sandpoint is working so far, nice mix of outdoors types and nice yokels and fairly affordable still. But walking distance to coffee, bars, groceries etc

Idaho's position on the herb is a major impediment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Meh. Can buy CBD at lots of places here, and THC is just 30 minutes away.

I figured the fact that you don't need a building permit here would be a bigger impediment.

I figured the fact that you don't need a building permit here would be a bigger impediment.
    I would check your sources on that. It's not true in either Sandpoint or Bonner County. The City of Sandpoint itself actually has stricter permitting requirements than where I currently work. Good for them.

The county even has a handy flow chart available: https://evogov.s3.amazonaws.com/medi...edia/89872.pdf

Am I going to have to call up the Building Official there to let them know about some unpermitted tenant improvements happening in their jurisdiction?

Aww sheeit. I sense a beard-off

Real Estate Crash thread?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Oh I've pondered it for sure.

Choose between:

1. Work in the dying local industry, scraping by as a laborer or maybe a manager if you're lucky. Stagnation, health problems, overtime, poverty.

2. Start or bring your own successful business, scrape by as an entrepreneur for at least a while. Work too much, don't play enough. Tolerate the hate and jealousy from the bitter locals until your property is vandalized or wife harassed one too many times. Struggle to afford health care, get jaded quickly, yearn for community.

Or something like that. Just like any little Shithole-in-an-Otherwise-Great-Spot town.
    As a guy who works too much from home and could work anywhere with an internet connection and 4 monitors, you've given me a lot to think about here. Gonna close the Sandpoint Redfin window.

@woody, is that a hunting pack?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

THC
    As clearly evidenced by the bongo next to the couch. Fucking hippy.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

sandpoint sucks fuck off

I'd like to chime in and say this is the best FS thread in while. Keep up the good work everyone.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

These would have sold by now if you had some tapestries protruding from your walls. Get a rug for fucks sake, it will really tie the room together.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    As a guy who works too much from home and could work anywhere with an internet connection and 4 monitors, you've given me a lot to think about here. Gonna close the Sandpoint Redfin window.

You are not allowed to move. I quite enjoy our weekly/bi-weekly lunch time beer hour in your camper. And, you still have my bindings.

I have a question: if OP is selling these skis, does that mean he's admitting he has "an impotent shriveled up penis"?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Not be able to get high because a state frowns on it seems like your impediment. But yeah, I never drive over the speed limit either.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post

Let me ground my prior hyperbole with a dose of mild but real bitterness.

My current profession requires proximity to industry, greatly cutting the options for living where I want. I'm slowly setting up the mechanisms for doing my own thing, but the likelihood of successfully pulling it off with two young kids is slim.

So if you've got the mobility, fkn great.

Maybe I should be an electrician or plumber. Or dental technician.