Looking for project manager/designer work in SLC or JH.

Probably a long shot, but I figured I'd try it. I'm a senior project manager with many years of shop, management, and design experience in various fabrication and design related industries (custom furniture, interior architecture, retail fit-out, exhibit design, art fabrication, custom cars and motorcycles, trade shows, etc). I'm currently working for a trade show company in the Front Range as a Senior PM. I'd like to move to SLC area or possibly JH, so looking for opportunities in those areas. PM me, I can share my resume and/or LinkedIn. Also open to freelance design, drafting, design engineering, or rendering.

Would you mind if I Pm'ed you. I don't have work for ya, but I'm a younger guy looking to get into this field and would appreciate hearing how you got into your career path. TIA

sure

Try New West Construction in JH, they are exploding with work.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

thanks. I don't have a construction management degree, so usually can't find work with the big construction outfits.

Check out Mackenzie Exhibits in Ogden.

To find a job in Jackson, look in the newspaper classifieds. Didja think of that yet?

New west construction, in the town calling itself ' The Last of The Old West '.

Easy work, mostly stick construction, all square, boxy, metal clad stuff. You could bluff your way into a job with them in no time.
    Palomba woodworking is always looking for someone to kiss Bob's butt.

Can you swing a hammer? A good trim carpenter can ask $40-$50 hr. to start...

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    thanks. I don't have a construction management degree, so usually can't find work with the big construction outfits.
    New West is definitely not a “large construction” company , they are good dudes. I would certainly touch bases with them. Construction PMing isnt a whole lot different from what you are doing now. .
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    To find a job in Jackson, look in the newspaper classifieds. Didja think of that yet?

New west construction, in the town calling itself ' The Last of The Old West '.

Easy work, mostly stick construction, all square, boxy, metal clad stuff. You could bluff your way into a job with them in no time.
    Palomba woodworking is always looking for someone to kiss Bob's butt.

Can you swing a hammer? A good trim carpenter can ask $40-$50 hr. to start...
    gee thanks, never heard of those, that's helpful. Yes, of course I've looked at classifieds, I'm trying to expand options. Networking and non listed jobs always works better than sending in cold resumes to listings that are getting hundreds or thousands of applicants.

anyway, yes, I can swing a hammer, I worked as a high end custom wood and metal worker for years. Unfortunately I have developed shoulder issues and can't do it as a job full time anymore, which is why I went into project management. I'm not looking for woodworking jobs and wouldn't take one.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    New West is definitely not a “large construction” company , they are good dudes. I would certainly touch bases with them. Construction PMing isnt a whole lot different from what you are doing now. .

got it thanks, I'll look into it.

I work for a biomed company in SLC
    There are multiple project manager/coordinator positions open
    Really good company, blowing up with growth

https://www.biofiredx.com/company/career/

If you see something that tickles your fancy shoot me a PM with the job and your email I will send you a link to it that puts it on top of the pyle
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    I work for a biomed company in SLC
    There are multiple project manager/coordinator positions open
    Really good company, blowing up with growth

https://www.biofiredx.com/company/career/

If you see something that tickles your fancy shoot me a PM with the job and your email I will send you a link to it that puts it on top of the pyle

thanks! I'll have a look later.