Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I've thought something like openscad patterns + some scripting would be a good way for people to play with mounting patterns, offsets and hole conflicts. But I haven't done any work on this. Best would be a way to mark the existing holes as well. Then you could decide how close you want the holes to be to each other, and decide how to adjust mount points and position in the bsl range to make a certain setup work. It's not worth it for most people though.
    That would be a pretty tech way to mount. Would be cool to print a static jig based on bsl, ski dimensions, and mount offset. Basically could print a jig that just fits over the ski at the perfect spot.

What's is openscad patterns?

Finally got the stl files up on a site. They can be found here: https://skijig.com along with a set of assembly instructions. Let me know if something is messed up and you cannot download.

I'm working on the mounting/usage instructions still, but wanted to get this live, so you guys can figure it out for now.

If your looking for a parts kit shoot me a pm.

This is awesome!

You should publish a control drawing/interface drawing for folks who want to build their own patterns for different mounting methods.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    This is awesome!

You should publish a control drawing/interface drawing for folks who want to build their own patterns for different mounting methods.
    Fkna great idea. I'll get a drawing up.

The "arrow" on the side rail marks the toe/heel point. The idea is that you measure and mark the center of you bsl on the rail, then set the rail clamps in place for that bsl. The templates should always be designed with reference to the toe/heel points, then you should never have to adjust the bsl when mounting different bindings for the same boot.

Control doument is done, this should be used as a starting point for any new template (also on the site under misc):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control 1.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	356046

Also, added a Shift MNC13 drill template:

Name:  shift front v7.png
Views: 2099
Size:  5.7 KB
    Name:  shift rear v4.png
Views: 2105
Size:  4.7 KB

Unlike the Look Pivot tempate I removed some of the base material to cut down on wasted material/print time. Warping is a bit of a concern, so if we can limit the print time this may help. Definitely reccomending printing with a raft whenever possible.

Hoping to continue adding new templates, if anyone designs any please let me know so I can add it to repository.

Also, I figure a few of you have downloaded so far so lets see the prints!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift front v5.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	356048  

Quote Originally Posted by oldirty View Post
    Finally got the stl files up on a site. They can be found here: https://skijig.com along with a set of assembly instructions. Let me know if something is messed up and you cannot download.

I'm working on the mounting/usage instructions still, but wanted to get this live, so you guys can figure it out for now.

If your looking for a parts kit shoot me a pm.
    What would it take to get some of the Tyrolia bindings up on site? I see Look/Rossi, Solomon, and Atomic which is a great start, but I have more Tyrolia than any other bindings in the quiver.

Just need a paper template or dimensions to transfer to the CAD. It's pretty straightforward. Looks like there is one in the mounting template thread already so I can just use that. Should be able to get one up in the next few days.

Just came across your jig, awesome!!
    Would you mind providing the CAD files? would love to convert to metric stuff for the rest of the world
    All that McMaster stuff is hard to get in Europe.

Also willing to contribute some telemark binding templates

Banged out another ghetto jig for a shift, and created a spreadsheet for BSL mix-and-match.

Available on thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4668734

www.experiencedgear.net

whipped up another 2.5 jigs - one for Tecton / Vipe, and one for Look Pivots/FKS.

Uploaded to that same thingiverse page.

www.experiencedgear.net

whipped up another 2.5 jigs - one for Tecton / Vipe, and one for Look Pivots/FKS.

Uploaded to that same thingiverse page.
    Nice! I really like the he simplicity of your design. How do the holes hold up with repeated drilling?

Nice! I really like the he simplicity of your design. How do the holes hold up with repeated drilling?

If you're printing in PLA, I'd say you're good for about three pairs, maybe four. I've thought about ways to swap out the holes, but I'm not mounting enough of the same binding each time, and printing these things is pretty easy.

www.experiencedgear.net

o y o y did I click on this thread. Now it's going cost me many more hours in the garage, and of course 'investing' a 3d printer.

If you're printing in PLA, I'd say you're good for about three pairs, maybe four. I've thought about ways to swap out the holes, but I'm not mounting enough of the same binding each time, and printing these things is pretty easy.
    Thats great, I may have to eleminate the drill jig in my design.

Think I'm going to try yours next. Thinking about ways to make it "automatically" find ski center. Have you thought about designing it so it has the inverse of your sidecut built into it in order to lock in centered at your desired location? Would require you to design each jig based on sidecut, bsl, and desired mounting point but it should let you just drop the jig onto the ski and have it be right where it needs to be.

Thats great, I may have to eleminate the drill jig in my design.

Think I'm going to try yours next. Thinking about ways to make it "automatically" find ski center. Have you thought about designing it so it has the inverse of your sidecut built into it in order to lock in centered at your desired location? Would require you to design each jig based on sidecut, bsl, and desired mounting point but it should let you just drop the jig onto the ski and have it be right where it needs to be.
    I've just been using old holes + the paper center finder and triple checking my center line before drilling.

I have some thoughts on how I could make a separate tool as a center finder using some springs I've got floating around, but unless you're mounting up 10+ pairs a year I didn't think it was worth the time.

www.experiencedgear.net

Metric

Are you working on a version of skijig with metric parts? I could help if needed.

I've also found a centring device that could be included front and back. thing:4744005

Quote Originally Posted by mc4022 View Post
    Are you working on a version of skijig with metric parts? I could help if needed.
    Not sure what you mean by that?

Also thanks for the intel on the centering thing - ill print this up and test it out.

I've also been using this tool to find the ski center as well:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:525454

www.experiencedgear.net

I feel that if there was an interface so you could connect the center finding tool https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4744005 on both ends of rfconroy's templates you could make and pretty sweet jig, with virtually nothing but the 3d printed parts.

Quote Originally Posted by troth View Post
    I feel that if there was an interface so you could connect the center finding tool https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4744005 on both ends of rfconroy's templates you could make and pretty sweet jig, with virtually nothing but the 3d printed parts.

Printed out this tool and finally got around to mounting a pair of skis with it. World of difference, this thing kicks ass!

Also - updated my listing on Thingiverse for Marker Jester/Griffon/Squire and Radical 2.

www.experiencedgear.net

I've been slowly adding jigs as I've needed them, or as others have requested.

Current list for those who are curious or in need:

• Look SPX @ 262
    • Look Pivot / Rossi FKS @ 305, 308, 315, 326
    • Salomon Shift @ 301, 315
    • Fritschi Vipec/Tecton @ 305
    • Dynafit Radical ST @ 265 & 257
    • Marker Kingpin @ 305
    • Marker Jester/Squire/Griffon @ 301, 306, 315 BSL
    • ATK FR14 (and most other ATK bindings) @ 300, 306, 312 BSL
    • Dynafit Radical 2.0 @ 257
    • G3 Ion/Zed @ 305
    • Tyrolia Attack @ 315mm
    • Salomon STH2 @ 306, and 317mm
    • 22 Designs AXL Telemark Binding @ 317mm (approx 26.5) and 325 (approx 27.5)

www.experiencedgear.net

Kudos again to rfconroy on the 3d printed jigs. Mounted up one pair yesterday for the Tyr attacks. Worked so great. I wish I had printed that centering tool. Most of the time for me now if just measuring and re-measuring to make sure I'm centered and aligned

Any chance for a

Look pivot 295mm?

Pretty please for us growers not showers.

So awesome! @rfconroy

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Any chance for a

Look pivot 295mm?

Pretty please for us growers not showers.

So awesome! @rfconroy

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I'll try to get to it tonight - pretty quick since its more or less a dimensional change in my CAD.

What hole size do you need?
    + 3.6 is for a standard drill
    + 6.35 (1/4") for inserts
    + 8mm for standard mount drill bits

www.experiencedgear.net

Can someone fill me in on what I would expect to pay to have this printed? I’m very naive when it comes to 3d printing and costs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    Can someone fill me in on what I would expect to pay to have this printed? I’m very naïve when it comes to 3d printing and costs.

Tang was saying that his local library cost him ~$7 to print out a jig, I charge a bit more than that.

In short - find a local buddy with a printer, and buy them a good six pack.

www.experiencedgear.net