Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I've thought something like openscad patterns + some scripting would be a good way for people to play with mounting patterns, offsets and hole conflicts. But I haven't done any work on this. Best would be a way to mark the existing holes as well. Then you could decide how close you want the holes to be to each other, and decide how to adjust mount points and position in the bsl range to make a certain setup work. It's not worth it for most people though.
    That would be a pretty tech way to mount. Would be cool to print a static jig based on bsl, ski dimensions, and mount offset. Basically could print a jig that just fits over the ski at the perfect spot.

What's is openscad patterns?

Finally got the stl files up on a site. They can be found here: https://skijig.com along with a set of assembly instructions. Let me know if something is messed up and you cannot download.

I'm working on the mounting/usage instructions still, but wanted to get this live, so you guys can figure it out for now.

If your looking for a parts kit shoot me a pm.

This is awesome!

You should publish a control drawing/interface drawing for folks who want to build their own patterns for different mounting methods.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    This is awesome!

You should publish a control drawing/interface drawing for folks who want to build their own patterns for different mounting methods.
    Fkna great idea. I'll get a drawing up.

The "arrow" on the side rail marks the toe/heel point. The idea is that you measure and mark the center of you bsl on the rail, then set the rail clamps in place for that bsl. The templates should always be designed with reference to the toe/heel points, then you should never have to adjust the bsl when mounting different bindings for the same boot.

Control doument is done, this should be used as a starting point for any new template (also on the site under misc):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control 1.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	356046

Also, added a Shift MNC13 drill template:

Name:  shift front v7.png
Views: 340
Size:  5.7 KB
    Name:  shift rear v4.png
Views: 335
Size:  4.7 KB

Unlike the Look Pivot tempate I removed some of the base material to cut down on wasted material/print time. Warping is a bit of a concern, so if we can limit the print time this may help. Definitely reccomending printing with a raft whenever possible.

Hoping to continue adding new templates, if anyone designs any please let me know so I can add it to repository.

Also, I figure a few of you have downloaded so far so lets see the prints!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift front v5.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	356048  

Quote Originally Posted by oldirty View Post
    Finally got the stl files up on a site. They can be found here: https://skijig.com along with a set of assembly instructions. Let me know if something is messed up and you cannot download.

I'm working on the mounting/usage instructions still, but wanted to get this live, so you guys can figure it out for now.

If your looking for a parts kit shoot me a pm.
    What would it take to get some of the Tyrolia bindings up on site? I see Look/Rossi, Solomon, and Atomic which is a great start, but I have more Tyrolia than any other bindings in the quiver.

Just need a paper template or dimensions to transfer to the CAD. It's pretty straightforward. Looks like there is one in the mounting template thread already so I can just use that. Should be able to get one up in the next few days.

Just came across your jig, awesome!!
    Would you mind providing the CAD files? would love to convert to metric stuff for the rest of the world
    All that McMaster stuff is hard to get in Europe.

Also willing to contribute some telemark binding templates

Banged out another ghetto jig for a shift, and created a spreadsheet for BSL mix-and-match.

Available on thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4668734
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds