Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Were there corded remotes?
    We got my dad this bit of absolute technological wizardry about 1978. So I wouldn't have to come in from the yard. I remember feeding the cord under the rug in the den.

Name:  REMOTE.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  31.4 KB
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    The bag phone was awesome... a full 3 watts of power vs. 1/2 watt of most handhelds, and that massive battery would last forever. Analog signal meant the call always went through. Might be a lot of static on the line, but even in bumfuck nowhere southern tier hill towns, your call would go through.

and with 5 lb swing weight, you could pummel the shit out of anyone within swingin' distance.... an excellent melee weapon.
    That's the one. It was beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    our fort in the mangrove bushes. .
    Here the topography was endless pine trees on very, very flat sandy coastal plain. Which ain't pretty for much but building massive tree forts. From timber harvesting the trees would be in these perfect rows and you could build room after room, both horizontal and vertical. pecan trees were good too, but harder.

A lost art. Wait, is this thread drifting?
    "Can't you see..."

Anyone mention Encyclopedia Brown? Those books knew everything.

They didn’t have shit on Brittanica though.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that means YOU did 35 years with them

A lot of them died <3 yrs after retirement

I hope he is still kicking
    Yeah we moved a few times. Still going strong 25 years later. Worked at the Microsoft campus until he was 70, and wore his suit, those kids can't write code for shit he would say. The only reason their code works is because the machines got better. I've seen him shot 7 shots under his age on a 6400 tough golf course. He's a tough act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They didn’t have shit on Brittanica though.
    Shit, that's what I meant. Not those stupid mystery books. Haha.

I remember every year waiting for the new yearbook.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I asked my daughter if she remembered these and she looked a little puzzeled and asked if I meant those old fashioned smart boards? I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I asked my daughter if she remembered these and she looked a little puzzeled and asked if I meant those old fashioned smart boards? I laughed.
    How about this?

Some years ago I was rummaging through the supply room where I worked and smelled a familar smell. Way up on the top shelf I found a box of stencils. Crazy. Hadn't seen any of those since I was in elementary school when I'd help my Mom print the school newsletter on the above machine. I can still see her at the typewriter typing on those blue smelly things and having to make corrections with the bottle of blue goo.

Meme courtesy of Fast Times at Ridgemont High:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Those were awesome; we had a hand-crank one I used to make our scouting newsletters. Ink everywhere.

How did those things even work? I understand xerography but not mimeography.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    How did those things even work? I understand xerography but not mimeography.
    It's a sort of silk screen isn't it?

kachunk... kachunk... kachunk..... I can still hear that rhythmic sound.

ABDICK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Yeah we moved a few times. Still going strong 25 years later. Worked at the Microsoft campus until he was 70, and wore his suit, those kids can't write code for shit he would say. The only reason their code works is because the machines got better. I've seen him shot 7 shots under his age on a 6400 tough golf course. He's a tough act to follow.
    It's not just the moves it's the thot processes the way of life living with a lifer who had IBM stamped on his ass, I had a couple of exwives who didn't really understand

Sometimes they would ask a guy to move, he would get onto the plane and be there the next day, call the wife and tell her she is moving, the movers come in and move everything, even the ashes in the ashtray, company buys the house

When they ask you to jump you ask how high on the way up was the joke
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Oh, Hell yes now, the Mimeograph machine. In 7th grade, I was an office aide to the Principle's Secretary. We ran off the daily attendance reports and then took them to each group teacher sections for distribution.
    Walking around sniffing the stacks. Fuck, we went through reams of paper weekly.
    This was the beginning of the end to my straight A's/arrow career.