Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oh that sounds like photochromic. Maybe the rx' just have some of that by design

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

My favorite RX sunglasses were Maui Jims best lenses in all of the others i have had, someone else liked them too as they were stolen out of my car years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by iamchappy View Post
    My favorite RX sunglasses were Maui Jims best lenses in all of the others i have had, someone else liked them too as they were stolen out of my car years ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0053.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	739.5 KB 
ID:	303428

Smith is pretty high but my glasses, of various shades, have been great and have held up well.

I've ordered prescription glasses from Sport Rx in San Diego and they have provided a decent product for a fair. The coatings and anti-fog can add up though so be careful to compare apples to apples. I also ordered a pair of Oakley Flack Jacket lenses made by Sport RX to fit my old Oakleys, single vision, non-polarized, anti-reflective and they seem decent and much cheaper than Oakley lenses. I have no idea how they will hold up. My Factory Oakley lenses went 4 years before they scratched and prescription change required new lenses.

No experience with them, but I've been eyeing Smith RX sunglasses as they are doing 30% off right now. Still pretty spendy even with the discount.

Its nice to have a glass lense sunglass in the quiver for around town, driving etc. For sports theyre too heavy though. My smith photochromic glass were nice, but i prefered my maui jims/personal preference. The jims didnt fog as much ski touring. Rarely actually. May have been fit/air flow. Broke tge smith frames(need to warrantee/been years). Vuarnet nylon frames keep ticking. Skiing biking its polycarbonate though. No slippage

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone know if julbo zebra lenses are available with a prescription?

@ HMS.....

I do believe you are affiliated with the AAA.

Promotive and Smith has this going for people just like you....

pro orders are not eligible for returns or exchanges
    Thank you for choosing Smith!
    up to 40% discount on sunglasses
    up to 40% discount on snow goggles and snow helmets

https://www.expertvoice.com/?logout
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I didn’t know robots need sunglasses

Klaatu barrada nikto
    . . .

Wow. Two bots reply to the first bot.

It’s like bot flu in here

Edit to say the first bot post was already deleted.
    . . .

Oakley lenses are good for only a limited Rx type. For instance my stigmatism is such that Oakley cannot place me in many of its glasses. However, I can buy any frame (including Oakley), and have a quality lens placed by an optometrist. Usually, I choose either Kaenon, Maui Jim or REVO frames. Then, I have my optometrist (or his/her agent) outfit them with a progressive, polarized lens coated with crizal. Not cheap, and often times more expensive than the frame itself, but seems to be the best way of doing things for people who have trouble finding RX sunglasses
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Hey folks-
    My husband (Panchosdad) needs an update to his scratched and out of date old prescription sunglasses. He has his eye on goggle-type lenses as they don't fog up as easily. I have a pair of Smith Reverbs that I wear most of the time outdoors, winter and summer, but they only come with a prescription insert, not a full lens.

In my research, I have come up with Oakley Radars (he has a small face), and not much else that fits the bill.

What you got?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://www.opticus.com/sport

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums