Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    How did “have your kids fight her kids” not end the thread? That was outstanding.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    I was skiing at Bachelor and was loading on to a high speed quad. I entered into the loading area with 3 other people. As I looked back over my shoulder to watch for the approaching chair, I saw a disaster coming. This alter-abled skier on a sit-ski comes flying up the side of the loading ramp. He shoot right past the large crowd of people waiting for their turn and crashes into the lift shack. Then he bounces off the lift shack and straight into the active loading area. By this time any pretense of control is completely lost as he proceeds to plow into the chair I was loading on. He takes out the kid seated to my right and pulls him under the still moving chair. Having seen this disaster unfolding I lifted my skis as the sit skier slid under my feet. Then the Kamikaze rakes both the people, who were loading to my left, right out of the still moving chair as well! These people then slid off the front of the loading ramp and the sit-skier lands right on top of both of them. Since the sit-skier is strapped into his ski rig he is unable to get off these poor victims of his stupidity. It took the lifties 5 minutes to untangle the skis, poles, legs from this paraplegic disaster.
    More info please -
    How long ago?
    Which chair?
    Was he trailing a bunch of rope and boo?
    Was there one or more people with orange bibs accompanying?
    Assume this was a guy? Otherwise limits the field of suspects to one.

I do a lot of bucket (e.g. sitski) assisting at Mt B for OAS and ski a bunch with the independent guys. I’ve seen and been in major clusterfucks with buckets but struggling to visualize this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I have a good idea who the sit skier was. Worked OAS for a number of years. Unless its changed the term was adaptive.
    If independent locals, I have three suspects, one of whom I don’t think you’ve met. He broke three skis in his first month. Just gave him those chariot TTs on condition he provide me photos and report when he breaks them.

And GM tells me the proper term is “gimp”

Oh I forgot about "that guy". Little prick ran into me and i was stopped on a open groomer, out of control. Yeah him or the other 2 dillrods. You know who they are tbs.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    <snip>
    As for the more frequent practice.. Happens fairly often. 6 boarders in line at the bullwheel of a 6 pack. Next chair comes around and only 3 go leaving their 3 buddies behind to manspread two half empty chairs.
    I was at Copper one day on a midweek powder day on the Reso side, and there was this gaggle of 6 monoboarders. I was in line behind them (Reso is a triple), and the first *pair* scooted up to load, and I said, "You guys need to go 3" to which the one dumb motherfucker said, "The water from the lift arm drips on the center seat, so we only go 2 at a time."

WTF? I was speechless. On a fucking powder day, no less. I really should have beaten all 6 of them senseless with my ski simply to make myself feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I was at Copper one day on a midweek powder day on the Reso side, and there was this gaggle of 6 monoboarders. I was in line behind them (Reso is a triple), and the first *pair* scooted up to load, and I said, "You guys need to go 3" to which the one dumb motherfucker said, "The water from the lift arm drips on the center seat, so we only go 2 at a time."

WTF? I was speechless. On a fucking powder day, no less. I really should have beaten all 6 of them senseless with my ski simply to make myself feel better.
    Are you not a football fan? Do you live under a rock? Obviously, the proper route is to rip their helmet (or monoboard) off and beat them with their own equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Are you not a football fan?
    Definitely not.
    Do you live under a rock?
    No - but I live in a van... down by the river.
    Obviously, the proper route is to rip their helmet (or monoboard) off and beat them with their own equipment.
    Hmm... noted. Don't remember if they were wearing helmets... but those monoboards look pretty heavy. I'd probably hurt myself.

Definitely not.

No - but I live in a van... down by the river.

Hmm... noted. Don't remember if they were wearing helmets... but those monoboards look pretty heavy. I'd probably hurt myself.
    Ok then. Referring to this:

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Oh I forgot about "that guy". Little prick ran into me and i was stopped on a open groomer, out of control. Yeah him or the other 2 dillrods. You know who they are tbs.
    You mean the guy who hit you while riding with a dark-haired, well-endowed OAS volunteer? Not local - from New Hampshire.

You haven’t lived until youve dealt with a bucket after he hits a snow fence at speed and cartwheels through it - three times. Guy was a fucking mummy, except he’s screaming in pain with a separated shoulder while I’m cutting through three layers of B-fence with a 1/2” Swiss Army knife.

Yep that was him & heruu. About the same attitude as the other 2 clowns. Running into ski instructions, signage, random skiers. Fuk I had enough.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Certainly no shortage -

In the Deep Temerity triple singles line at Aspen Highlands waiting for a spot. Up comes a Very, very well dressed women with an instructor and a small child. Next chair comes around and only the little kid moves forward to load. Slightly suprised I ask the women "Aren't you going to go up with your kid?" "Oh, that's not my child." I quickly slid up and jumped on the chair.

WTF ? It's a triple. Turns out the kid is eight and is Mexican up on holiday with his family. Spoke very good English.

That some people would go through a lift maze without conversing with the person standing next to them shouldn't really surprise me though because years earlier .......

Big powder day at Sugarbush. 28'' . Skiing with buddy. Hit the Castlerock chair as it opened (old fixed grip double). Made one glorious run down and back to the chair. A line was starting to form. As we were riding up my buddy (who shall remain nameless) tells me that we are supposed to meet P**l and S***n at Heavens Gate at 10. Yea right! I make another glorious powder run down. As I approach the lift I see an enormous line has formed. As I am sliding past the line I call out "single, single". I immediately get a hit and jump in. Do this a couple of more times. Fourth time I get a hit and jump into the line with a single when some dude just one couple back starts harassing me, telling me that "he has waited in the line and you can't just cut in like that". Well, I tell him "If you went through the whole line without hooking up with this guy, then it's your own fault!" He kept harassing me for the next few minutes until he gets up to the ticket checker, who is just a few chairs from the loading. I hear the liftie tell him that he "can't ride single" and to "step aside". Guy I rode up with and me both laughed.
    Last edited by Ski220; 11-18-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: grammer

I posted about this before in another thread, but here it is again...

Telluride, some quad chair, I pull into the singles line. There’s one guy ahead of me. He keeps passing up opportunity after opportunity to merge in. Turns out he is waiting to join his three buddies who are at the back of the line.

He refused to even acknowledge me when I tried to ask him about it, much less step aside and let me pass.

He had the grizzled local look, and his coat matched his friends and looked semi-official, like maybe he was an instructor or something.

What really pissed me off was that he totally ignored me, like I wasn’t there. The wait was only about 5 extra minutes, but still..

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    What really pissed me off was that he totally ignored me, like I wasn’t there. The wait was only about 5 extra minutes, but still..
    5 minutes on a pow day???? I would have been all
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    5 minutes on a pow day???? ]

really !

should have done the euro thing and whacked him on the back of his legs with your poles !

Name:  IMG_0552.JPG
Views: 886
Size:  69.4 KB
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    With as much as they charge for lift tickets I think the ski area owes you the right not to have to stand in a long line while partially empty chairs are going up. If it's crowded and the chair is more than a triple then leaving it to the public to figure it out does not really work. Especially with all the people in line checking their phones. The new heated seat 8-pack at Big Sky has separate conveyor belts so everyone does not get to the chair and try to sit down at the same time. The off ramp is a different story.
    On a big day the line on Silverado at Squaw is horrendous--not just the number of people riding a slow 3 person fixed grip but the queuing area is tiny due to terrain, so there's minimal maze and people approach the maze from every direction. If a chair goes up with less than 3 the occupants get pelted hard with snowballs. Lots of them.

Lift lines are an interesting social experiment. How you handle it can tell you a lot about yourself and others. If you are waiting in a lift line, you are part of the problem. Maybe try to just chill the fuck out and enjoy the scenery.

Anyone remember the old sidestep lift ramp at Mammoth? That put the rodeo in lift line rodeos.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Anyone remember the old sidestep lift ramp at Mammoth? That put the rodeo in lift line rodeos.
    Never been to Alpental, eh?

6 in one spot? That's a herd... a sign of the end times. Or you mean snowboards...

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Never been to Alpental, eh?
    no sir.

Local hill has a t-bar that's useful for accessing some minor stashes. It's a standard t-bar where 2 skiers can stand side by side. On an average day, the t-bar might have a 3-5 minute line.

I'm rounding a bit, but approximately 0% of the snowboarders double up on the T. Regardless of the line, each snowboarder goes up solo. Lifties don't call them out, possibly because lifties are also snowboarders.

What's the call on this? Bullshit? Or is riding a t-bar nuts to butts with your buddy too difficult?

Lift Line Stupidity

I was once with a group loading the “new” Summit Six at Alpine Meadows that randomly included Jonny Moseley. I was the 7th guy and I took out the the entire crew.

shit I ride lifts for a living

I’ve got lots of lift serviced shitshow stories I’ve seen, caused, or been involved in.

Has anyone seen the boarders that walk all the way through the line and don't put their boards on until it's their turn to load? Saw it multiple times last winter so just assumed it was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkPomegranate View Post
    Has anyone seen the boarders that walk all the way through the line and don't put their boards on until it's their turn to load? Saw it multiple times last winter so just assumed it was a thing.
    I've been to a few places, in a few situations where it made sense. In most if not all of these cases they were bucked in and loading without having slowed things down or gotten in anyone's way.