Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Where ever there are lift lines, there will be stupidity.

Timberline WV, last time I remember it was actually crowded there, maybe 4 years ago.. Drunk lady with 2 kids ducks the corral rope and cuts in line a couple places behind us. She's pretending to know the people in front of her. She's smoking a Marlboro red. Her skis are on backwards with her toe lugs in the heel pieces and heel lugs crammed against the toe pieces.. Nobody told her..

As for the more frequent practice.. Happens fairly often. 6 boarders in line at the bullwheel of a 6 pack. Next chair comes around and only 3 go leaving their 3 buddies behind to manspread two half empty chairs. If it's busy and I'm next in line I'll ditch the other 5 I was originally riding with, push through and hop on with the 2nd group of three just to be obnoxious and chat them up the entire ride..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    If it's busy and I'm next in line I'll ditch the other 5 I was originally riding with, push through and hop on with the 2nd group of three just to be obnoxious and chat them up the entire ride..
    You don't say...

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You don't say...
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You don't say...
    Haha
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I have a good idea who the sit skier was. Worked OAS for a number of years. Unless its changed the term was adaptive.
    Ravi?

you Tonya Harding her knee caps with your pole as you push past her

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How about lift stupidity? Rode a chair at Copper with a chick and her dude doing an 5 minute long Instagram story and photo shoot for her followers. It was the douchiest thing I’ve seen for quite awhile.
    There are times when being able to fart loudly on demand can come in handy.

Six packs are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Ravi?
    No. Ravi is a good person.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Well, it’s not like he’s gonna get paralyzed if he crashes
    Coffee spit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Six packs are stupid.
    Please elaborate

Benny drinks tall boys...

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Please elaborate
    Benny can't count that high.
    I agree though that self serve mazes, where you have multiple lines that merge in pairs with an "alternate" sign at the merge, are stupid for 6 packs. Impossible for the people on the outside of groups to keep track of whose turn it is and since people rarely are skiing of groups of 6, making up full chairs requires post-graduate level math. Most people are chatting with their friends and aren't interested in paying that much attention. Do you hear me Squaw?

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Please elaborate
    They are hard to get off of.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Benny can't count that high.
    I agree though that self serve mazes, where you have multiple lines that merge in pairs with an "alternate" sign at the merge, are stupid for 6 packs. Impossible for the people on the outside of groups to keep track of whose turn it is and since people rarely are skiing of groups of 6, making up full chairs requires post-graduate level math. Most people are chatting with their friends and aren't interested in paying that much attention. Do you hear me Squaw?
    The self serve maze just creates situations where idiots get to gape it up. Give me a liftie yelling "FRONT ROW" and throwing singles onto groups who couldn't/didn't make a full chair in line any day. Though, depending on how high the liftie is, you might end up being forced to do the math yourself.

The general public can't handle much these days, so self serving lift mazes are always rife with disasters. Lifties yelling at the front row to go or not too go is essential for the declining common sense of public.

How about the "snowboard slap" of when the person is cued up in the group in front of you and almost creams your skis or someones in your group. There is also the relatively new phenomena that's equally as irritating. The park rat on skis doing their nose/tail butter tricks in the line. Usually with ski pants cinched around the knees with ass hanging out.

Yeah I know. Get off my lawn!!

I’m a grouch for sure,
    but golly g willickers I don’t want to either get screwed over and spend more time than i need to in line or have take over and control every dipshit who can’t figure out basic ski queuing technique. Although that is clearly what I should have done in retrospect:

‘Hey you guys look like you need some help moving through the line., let me guide you’
    Although if I wanted to guide idiots around the mountain, I would work as a ski instructor.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    How about the "snowboard slap" of when the person is cued up in the group in front of you and almost creams your skis or someones in your group. There is also the relatively new phenomena that's equally as irritating. The park rat on skis doing their nose/tail butter tricks in the line. Usually with ski pants cinched around the knees with ass hanging out.

Yeah I know. Get off my lawn!!
    And backpack speaker blasting Lizzo..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    No. Ravi is a good person.
    Good. I was just making sure as we got lots of mutual friends..

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    They are hard to get off of.
    Hahaha!

Well played
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

What should you do about this kind of shit? Just cut in front of them?

Who cares, you are just skiing, and it's not a powder day. Mellow out and help her. Save the yelling for assholes who cut line.

How did “have your kids fight her kids” not end the thread? That was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    The self serve maze just creates situations where idiots get to gape it up. Give me a liftie yelling "FRONT ROW" and throwing singles onto groups who couldn't/didn't make a full chair in line any day. Though, depending on how high the liftie is, you might end up being forced to do the math yourself.
    With as much as they charge for lift tickets I think the ski area owes you the right not to have to stand in a long line while partially empty chairs are going up. If it's crowded and the chair is more than a triple then leaving it to the public to figure it out does not really work. Especially with all the people in line checking their phones. The new heated seat 8-pack at Big Sky has separate conveyor belts so everyone does not get to the chair and try to sit down at the same time. The off ramp is a different story.
    Gravity Junkie