Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 175
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,178
    Where ever there are lift lines, there will be stupidity.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,686
    Timberline WV, last time I remember it was actually crowded there, maybe 4 years ago.. Drunk lady with 2 kids ducks the corral rope and cuts in line a couple places behind us. She's pretending to know the people in front of her. She's smoking a Marlboro red. Her skis are on backwards with her toe lugs in the heel pieces and heel lugs crammed against the toe pieces.. Nobody told her..

    As for the more frequent practice.. Happens fairly often. 6 boarders in line at the bullwheel of a 6 pack. Next chair comes around and only 3 go leaving their 3 buddies behind to manspread two half empty chairs. If it's busy and I'm next in line I'll ditch the other 5 I was originally riding with, push through and hop on with the 2nd group of three just to be obnoxious and chat them up the entire ride..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    If it's busy and I'm next in line I'll ditch the other 5 I was originally riding with, push through and hop on with the 2nd group of three just to be obnoxious and chat them up the entire ride..
    You don't say...

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,301
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You don't say...
    Lol!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,218
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You don't say...
    Haha
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    13,252
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I have a good idea who the sit skier was. Worked OAS for a number of years. Unless its changed the term was adaptive.
    Ravi?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    3,971
    you Tonya Harding her knee caps with your pole as you push past her

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,108
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How about lift stupidity? Rode a chair at Copper with a chick and her dude doing an 5 minute long Instagram story and photo shoot for her followers. It was the douchiest thing Iíve seen for quite awhile.
    There are times when being able to fart loudly on demand can come in handy.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,778
    Six packs are stupid.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    3,665
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Ravi?
    No. Ravi is a good person.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,778
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Well, itís not like heís gonna get paralyzed if he crashes
    Coffee spit.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    colorady
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Six packs are stupid.
    Please elaborate

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,622
    Benny drinks tall boys...

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,108
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Please elaborate
    Benny can't count that high.
    I agree though that self serve mazes, where you have multiple lines that merge in pairs with an "alternate" sign at the merge, are stupid for 6 packs. Impossible for the people on the outside of groups to keep track of whose turn it is and since people rarely are skiing of groups of 6, making up full chairs requires post-graduate level math. Most people are chatting with their friends and aren't interested in paying that much attention. Do you hear me Squaw?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Please elaborate
    They are hard to get off of.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    No thanks. I'll stick with porn. - Benny

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SW, CO for now
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Benny can't count that high.
    I agree though that self serve mazes, where you have multiple lines that merge in pairs with an "alternate" sign at the merge, are stupid for 6 packs. Impossible for the people on the outside of groups to keep track of whose turn it is and since people rarely are skiing of groups of 6, making up full chairs requires post-graduate level math. Most people are chatting with their friends and aren't interested in paying that much attention. Do you hear me Squaw?
    The self serve maze just creates situations where idiots get to gape it up. Give me a liftie yelling "FRONT ROW" and throwing singles onto groups who couldn't/didn't make a full chair in line any day. Though, depending on how high the liftie is, you might end up being forced to do the math yourself.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,073
    The general public can't handle much these days, so self serving lift mazes are always rife with disasters. Lifties yelling at the front row to go or not too go is essential for the declining common sense of public.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    201
    How about the "snowboard slap" of when the person is cued up in the group in front of you and almost creams your skis or someones in your group. There is also the relatively new phenomena that's equally as irritating. The park rat on skis doing their nose/tail butter tricks in the line. Usually with ski pants cinched around the knees with ass hanging out.

    Yeah I know. Get off my lawn!!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,955
    Iím a grouch for sure,
    but golly g willickers I donít want to either get screwed over and spend more time than i need to in line or have take over and control every dipshit who canít figure out basic ski queuing technique. Although that is clearly what I should have done in retrospect:

    ĎHey you guys look like you need some help moving through the line., let me guide youí
    Although if I wanted to guide idiots around the mountain, I would work as a ski instructor.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    How about the "snowboard slap" of when the person is cued up in the group in front of you and almost creams your skis or someones in your group. There is also the relatively new phenomena that's equally as irritating. The park rat on skis doing their nose/tail butter tricks in the line. Usually with ski pants cinched around the knees with ass hanging out.

    Yeah I know. Get off my lawn!!
    And backpack speaker blasting Lizzo..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    13,252
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    No. Ravi is a good person.
    Good. I was just making sure as we got lots of mutual friends..

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    They are hard to get off of.
    Hahaha!

    Well played
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

    What should you do about this kind of shit? Just cut in front of them?



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Who cares, you are just skiing, and it's not a powder day. Mellow out and help her. Save the yelling for assholes who cut line.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,180
    How did ďhave your kids fight her kidsĒ not end the thread? That was outstanding.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    The self serve maze just creates situations where idiots get to gape it up. Give me a liftie yelling "FRONT ROW" and throwing singles onto groups who couldn't/didn't make a full chair in line any day. Though, depending on how high the liftie is, you might end up being forced to do the math yourself.
    With as much as they charge for lift tickets I think the ski area owes you the right not to have to stand in a long line while partially empty chairs are going up. If it's crowded and the chair is more than a triple then leaving it to the public to figure it out does not really work. Especially with all the people in line checking their phones. The new heated seat 8-pack at Big Sky has separate conveyor belts so everyone does not get to the chair and try to sit down at the same time. The off ramp is a different story.
    Gravity Junkie

    How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •