Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Doesn't it bother you that people who get themselves in trouble are so often people who are from somewhere else? They put our local SAR people at risk due to their own poor judgment. Is ignorance an excuse? Should Darwin prevail?
    This is beyond silly. Are you proposing that SAR respond only to call-outs for locals? Only for the well-prepared?

No need to feel sorry for searchers. They volunteer to help those in need, no matter where the subject is from or how ill-prepared they are.

It is frustrating when a subject makes their situation worse by making increasingly poor decisions. Dehydration, panic, and exhaustion tend to seriously impair judgment, even for folks who are mountain savvy.

Searchers would always rather help than sit by and watch someone potentially suffer. The subject has probably already learned an important lesson by the time SAR is activated.

I am eternally grateful to BC SAR and learned a ton from my mistake. I have learned to be more prepared and have better gear with a plan. If I donít know I donít go.

I plan to volunteer with my local SAR and hope I can help. I talked with my friend who is 12 yr SAR volunteer and he said he does it to help people whether they were stupid or not. I made a stupid choice and share my story in hopes others wonít make the same mistake.

SAR rocks!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

2018/2019 (24/32)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I put hands in trail mix bag to create vapor barrier. Put arms inside jacket under arm pits and also kept blood flowing in my legs with movement. Was really sore. Main challenge was staying awake but knew I couldnít sleep or I would not wake up. Played mind games and blew my safety whistle a lot. It was a long night and still get cold was sometimes.
    Pretty smart given the circumstances...especially the trail mix bag. Gotta improvise sometimes. Glad to hear you made it out okay!