Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Afkpuz View Post
    I have never seen anything by fischer or elan discussed on this board; one must consider the skis which go unmentioned
    It just means they aren't making the types of skis the average TGR reader uses but you see them in ski racing or on on-piste, also I think you might be suprised how many skis they make for other brands in their factory
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Totally, I'm just thinking there's probably a crowd of all-mountain weirdness that TGR could theoretically hate if they lacked the wisdom to avoid them in the first place.

Unrelated, anyone remember those solomons with the absolutely massive tips from a few years back, blue surfboard topsheets, acres of sidecut? Never skied them, just kinda curious. Seems very much like the anti-TGR ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    DPS anything, most over rated POS skis ever
    This.

I can't believe someone said Praxis. Is that a joke?

For me it was the 06/07 Volkl Mantra. I don't know if it was how it was mounted or what, but absolutely hated the way it skied.

Unrelated, anyone remember those solomons with the absolutely massive tips from a few years back, blue surfboard topsheets, acres of sidecut? Never skied them, just kinda curious. Seems very much like the anti-TGR ski.
    Those are the BBRs that schindlerpiste mentioned.

Opinions like skis vary.

I have owned Salomons I loved (X-Mountain) and Hated. Most of the Austrian skis I have used have been pretty good, Fischer/Kastle etc.

I was given a pair of Volkls and absolutely hated them. OTOH I know many good skiers that love them. I have skied several Rossis going back to the 80s and most were Meh unless you were racing. Then I was given a pair of B4s, those were a nice all around ski.

I own 2 pair of RMUs (from their 1st 1-2 years) and they are nice, light and fun unless it is chopped.

And foam core skis while not durable or long lasting can be awesome for 50 days.

Now I ski on what I can buy cheap. Currently K2 Sidestash is my ski of choice but for 200-300 bucks brand new, why not? 3 pairs for < 700 bucks is a bargain.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Too easy. Anything 333 skis.
    That is what I was thinking

I have never seen anything by fischer or elan discussed on this board; one must consider the skis which go unmentioned
    I have never skied Fischers, but I love my old Elan Amphibio 88's. I always figured guys on TGR are not really into a more piste type of ski, but often (this year may be one) Mammoth gets fuck all for snow until late season, so some piste bias skis rule for this old jong when that is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I just got Fischer Rangers this season so I hope not.

I heard Elan skis rip

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This.

Nope, he was serious, and it’s mostly because I keep buying and selling different Praxis and he rolls his eyes on me every time I try another pair and don’t fall in love with them. Also, I went way too off the deep end with my custom Freerides and (not so much) with my Protests, and it was a battle to get them right for me.

I have a pair of 202 cm Fischer Ranger 108s that are great. Absolute fun shred big shit ski, but you need the correct mountain to let them run. I’m lucky to have JHMR as my home resort, but I can’t imagine skiing them in Steamboat or ABasin, I’d be beat up after a morning of maneuvering them.

I really haven’t gotten onto any DPS I liked. For some reason the Soul 7 is interesting only because some really good skiers really like it and I’m curious as to why.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Volant Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This.

Poking the bear....

That said every time I see someone on a DPS I laugh.

Rename this thread. "I suck at skiing because I think my skis suck"

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    But I do suck at skiing, ask BBear or WSTDeep

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anything RMU has gotten tons of haterade on these pages so I'll go with that. In all fairness I've heard the new ones are made by Blizzard and are decent. But in my experience, RMU = unforgivably bad pieces of sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Salomon Pocket Rocket
    But the robots
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    But If I can't blame my gear, doesn't that mean I can only blame my own lack of balance and athleticism? Lame,,, it;s way easier to just by new skis and expect them to turn me into <insert pro-skier name here>

But the robots
    The Salomon Pocket Rockets had their place and time. They could be pretty fun in tight, mogully Colorado ski terrain on spring snow.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    But If I can't blame my gear, doesn't that mean I can only blame my own lack of balance and athleticism? Lame,,, it;s way easier to just by new skis and expect them to turn me into <insert pro-skier name here>
    If you get the 06 Dynastar Inspired skis you can ski just like Jeremy Nobis.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Poking the bear....

That said every time I see someone on a DPS I laugh.
    Seriously, this is the running joke with my kids and I - "stay away from the banana skier". It's like slug-bug but for gaper sightings.

Yet my love affair with the older L120 F3 and pure3 is real. Fattest and lightest GS boards I've owned.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Pocket rockets were the first reverse/zero camber ski.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Pocket Rockets were the first really short ski I ever rode. I felt like I was gonna go over the "bars" looking down at them, but skiing they were fine...I guess. I only skied them one day at the bird and it was so good that a 2x4 would have been epic, so I can't really comment on how good or bad they were. This must have been around 2004-2005? When did they come out?

I skied Dynastars Back In The Day, the S430 and foam core S730.

Loved those skis.

Now, I'm about to venture off into offensive territory here, like I know this is sacred slats for some, but I hated the barney clark gold.

At least the sl, the gs was more solid. But the sl flopped and hooked, did not like that ski.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    No, but Salomon foam core stuff from the Oughts really was trash.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

man, I loved my Dynastar S430s. Granted, I was young, in shape and skiing 7 days a week. That couldn't have any effect on how well they skied?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I have never skied Fischers, but I love my old Elan Amphibio 88's. I always figured guys on TGR are not really into a more piste type of ski, but often (this year may be one) Mammoth gets fuck all for snow until late season, so some piste bias skis rule for this old jong when that is the case.
    I'm cludging together a probably terrible idea for an ice day ski myself so I feel this... I remember being skeptical of those amphibios when they came out so it's surprising to hear this though. But I don't think my skepticism was founded in much of anything. At any rate I've figured piste skis just aren't nearly so interesting to talk about for people on here, but everybody's gotta have a trash-day groomer ski somewhere, right?