Time Speciale 8 vs. Crank Brothers Mallet E

All,

My search skills suck and I was unable to find a decent answer to this question:

As of Nov 2019, how it the durability/quality of Time Speciale 8 and Crank Brothers Mallet E pedals?

I have ancient Time ATAC's and love 'em, but am concerned about quality issues with more recent Time XC pedals. Conversely, I was always turned off by Crank Brothers products due to poor durability issues across ALL of their product offerings, but it seems like their current pedals are an improvement over their older stuff.

So between the Speciale 8 and the Mallet E, I'm trying to figure out which one is more durable and less prone to be warrantied for premature wear. Also, not a fan of SPD and definitely will not go with that system (or Speedplay or Look, etc.).

What say you, benevolent and enlightened mags???

Thanks!
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Time>>>Crank brothers for durability, past, present, future. I run the MX6/8 and haven't had issues, and the speciales should be more durable (more metal, less plastic).

What snowaddict said. With the caveat that speciale's have only been out for 2 years or so, so it's kinda too soon to really make any solid conclusions. I've been on mine for a season and they're solid though.

And yeah, if the question is which is more durable: anything crankbrothers makes, or literally any other part made by any other company, you know what the answer is.

All durability issues aside, I think the times just function way better than the mallets. Snappier entrance and exit, no ejection when you clip a rock, and no rotating bales that make quick unclips/reclips a crapshoot.

Thanks for the replies. That Mallet Kool-Aid almost got me, but I pulled the trigger for some Speciale 8s. I think I'll dig 'em!
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass