Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    For the same location next january, same program, I'll bring Black Crows Solis with ATK FreeRaider 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I really like the Faction Prime 2.0
    I didn't get on with them when I demo'd them in Verbier, they we're next to useless with any sort of 3d or funky or hard snow. I just felt the tips would fold back on me.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I've got 2018 ZG108 178cm w/ Vipec blacks mounted for 307mm I'm looking to sell
    Some times the allure of new skis can blind you to the excellence of what you have.

Skied my Cochises yesterday on the WROD and was reminded how well I get along with that shape, even on hardpack. Plus I already use my 108's for skiing with my five year old because they're light and easy for skidding around. A euro pair of Zero G 108's should be a no brainer. Vipecs would work too. That setup would likely serve me well for years.

More skis aren't in the budget right this minute, but what are you asking?

I'll be keeping an eye on that German site as well. Thanks Uncle Nobby.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Some times the allure of new skis can blind you to the excellence of what you have.

Skied my Cochises yesterday on the WROD and was reminded how well I get along with that shape, even on hardpack. Plus I already use my 108's for skiing with my five year old because they're light and easy for skidding around. A euro pair of Zero G 108's should be a no brainer. Vipecs would work too. That setup would likely serve me well for years.

More skis aren't in the budget right this minute, but what are you asking?

I'll be keeping an eye on that German site as well. Thanks Uncle Nobby.
    The clean lines @ISBD was cutting yesterday made me want a pair (or a pair of ZG 108s). He left me in the dust ... but then again, I'm old and have worn out bushings ;-)

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-20-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I would highly recommend the Volkl 90Eight. They are much cheaper than the VWerks Mantra, and I have found them to be amazingly versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    I didn't get on with them when I demo'd them in Verbier, they we're next to useless with any sort of 3d or funky or hard snow. I just felt the tips would fold back on me.
    Odd, not my experience. Wonder if its because I drive a ski in a forward stance and you’re more centered?

I think anything lightweight and reverse camber is good for low speed goofballery.

Last year I was touring on the 2019 Hoji, and found it to be great for tooling around on with my 5 year old.

Odd, not my experience. Wonder if its because I drive a ski in a forward stance and you’re more centered?
    I wouldn't think so, I ski in plug boots and usually rip around on my GS sticks in Europe. I'm am also about 100kg's and 6'4 so I may have over flexed them. (my quiver is all older and stiffer as such, Explovi's, Legend Pro 105's etc).

They were fine when the piste was 'flat' I could crank out some epic turns on them, however when the end of day piste came in and they had to deal with piles, sluff and crap snow they folded like a damp towel. The same snow I would point the other skis straight through / over these just deflected and sent a feedback wave up the ski. I think its to do with them being so torsionally stiff and made of Carbon / Flax, theres too little dampening in the core.

Would Line Sakana tick a lot of your boxes? I haven’t skied them, but have a friend that loves his

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

50-50 ski for the Dolomites.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    I wouldn't think so, I ski in plug boots and usually rip around on my GS sticks in Europe. I'm am also about 100kg's and 6'4 so I may have over flexed them. (my quiver is all older and stiffer as such, Explovi's, Legend Pro 105's etc).

They were fine when the piste was 'flat' I could crank out some epic turns on them, however when the end of day piste came in and they had to deal with piles, sluff and crap snow they folded like a damp towel. The same snow I would point the other skis straight through / over these just deflected and sent a feedback wave up the ski. I think its to do with them being so torsionally stiff and made of Carbon / Flax, theres too little dampening in the core.
    What ‘other skis’ are you comparing them too? Sounds like you’re comparing apples to oranges - 2400g heavy metal stiff chargers to 1600g touring skis. Of course they can’t be skied the same way in garbage ‘resort-like’ snow. You probably just need to adjust your expectations.

What ‘other skis’ are you comparing them too? Sounds like you’re comparing apples to oranges - 2400g heavy metal stiff chargers to 1600g touring skis. Of course they can’t be skied the same way in garbage ‘resort-like’ snow. You probably just need to adjust your expectations.
    Thats a fair point, I was comparing them to my old Fischer Ranger 84's which handled resort crap pretty well and could rip mogul lines in the spring, I was hoping to find a slightly wider slack country ski for Europe / Scotland where its changeable and you need to book pack a bit so didn't want to be hauling the heavier skis I've got about.

Sadly with the factions I found none of that, I'm not the most technical of skiers to be fair but I've skied since I was 2 and enjoy bumping about moguls. I ended up with Deamons instead.