Inclinometer pole sticker

A coworker showed me these stickers that go on your ski pole to measure slope to check for avalanche stability. Looks like a marketing thing but pretty convenient if you don't want to dig your inclinometer out of your pack. Any one used one of these stickers? thoughts?

https://www.garagegrowngear.com/prod...r-by-snowander

I've been using them for years and it's a fantastic tool. Having an inclinometer in your hand at all times when traveling in the backcountry is incredibly convenient, which means that you'll actually measure slope angles a lot more frequently. Probably the most useful feature, that most traditional inclinometers can't do, is it allows you to measure slope angle from the top of the slope while looking down it.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    https://www.garagegrowngear.com/prod...r-by-snowander

I've been using them for years and it's a fantastic tool. Having an inclinometer in your hand at all times when traveling in the backcountry is incredibly convenient, which means that you'll actually measure slope angles a lot more frequently. Probably the most useful feature, that most traditional inclinometers can't do, is it allows you to measure slope angle from the top of the slope while looking down it.
    Yep, I think those were the ones he was referring to. Good to hear they're actually useful. How do you measure slope looking down the slope?Don't understand how that works

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Yep, I think those were the ones he was referring to. Good to hear they're actually useful. How do you measure slope looking down the slope?Don't understand how that works
    Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  90.6 KB

The lines are designed with the correct curvature (based on your pole diameter) such that the line that appears flat when sighting down the slope (with pole dangling vertically) indicates the slope angle.
    It's not as precise as sighting across the slope or measuring directly on the slope but it gets you in the ballpark.

i have them - they're a little hit or miss depending on terrain geometry (how often do we get straight lines for reference?)

but they're way better than most people's attempt at calling the slope angle by eye
    and certainly very quick since you always have your pole in yer hand

def hold it in your hand when putting it on to make sure you haven't spun the sticker away from you in a natural hand position - i stupidly did that on one of my poles and it's minorly irritating, but still works