Dynafit Radical FT Heel Piece Wooble

These are older bindings that are not on my primary touring rig. See the mount your own bindings thread. Seems that I remember reading about this years ago, maybe it was here maybe Wildsnow? The heel pieces have a far amount of side to side play when the boot is not engaged. A little bit when the boot is in the binding. This was the model that had a piece of tin that the heels mounted on top off. The play seems to be where the tower attach's to the base plate, not at the heel piece/tower connection. Is there anything that can be done for that? Don't worry about it...Just ski'em?

I think I understand what you are trying to convey. In my experience if you remove the heel piece from the ski and then place a small piece of tape directly under where the tower sits on the ski, it will snug up the the tower to the base plate.

They can also develop wear in the poorly engineered "forward Pressure" spring mechanism.

Shit design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

New lifetime warranty

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    I think I understand what you are trying to convey. In my experience if you remove the heel piece from the ski and then place a small piece of tape directly under where the tower sits on the ski, it will snug up the the tower to the base plate.
    Try this, with tape under the thin stainless shim. But first check for volcanos around the screw holes, which creates a gap under the heel assembly. Shave them flat with a sharp razor blade, and reinstall heel.

^^^ just did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Fix volcanoes, there’s no tolerance for them in that binding, then a piece of gorilla tape/duct tape under the shim

I've also gone the tape method on various radicals. It works (sort of). Also adding a ATK spacer improved the skiability of speed radicals significantly. But I think the brakes on an FT do more or less the same.

Thanks for the tips. Will try some sort of shim. Agree about a shit design.

So whats the deal with Dynafit's new life time warranty? Bindings purchased from now forward?

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    New lifetime warranty

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    only applies to stuff bought after November 11th 2019.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.