Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Did LA to Madison, WI in a single push with a couple buddies and a bottle of ephedrine long time ago--had to take the southern route as it was mid January. Just over 2K miles in about 27 hours IIRC.

Pssh...I drove the last few miles to my parents place in Maine with a kid who had thrown up on herself in the backseat. Thats a longer drive than any of this shit.

I drove ~1890 miles (from Goblin Valley Utah, home to Toronto Ontario) in about 37 hours. Dirtbagged it (slept at a rest stop) for about three hours at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Pssh...I drove the last few miles to my parents place in Maine with a kid who had thrown up on herself in the backseat. Thats a longer drive than any of this shit.
    Same story but diarrhea that had exploded through the diaper. Brutal

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Lulz

Candyass. Last thanksgiving we started our drive to my parents place 3.5 hours away and the dog barfed up the turds he ate all over the back of the van.

I was ready to torch the van.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Boulder to Durango in four hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Candyass. Last thanksgiving we started our drive to my parents place 3.5 hours away and the dog barfed up the turds he ate all over the back of the van.

I was ready to torch the van.
    OH shit that same thing happened to us on the way home from the inlaws' house Thanksgiving BARF O RAMA!,, We had just left and gotten 20 miles up the highway. Luckily, there was a rest stop right ahead of where it happened. Spent half an hour or so there shoveling the chunks out of the back of the Trooper. Thank God it was only in the back by the doors..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Are those whitewalls custom?
    Spray paint!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not the longest drive ever but I flew from Boston to San Fran. Landed and drove 800 miles to SLC. I think the flight landed around 9pm cali time. Got busted in Elko NV for doing about 120 but the cop was nice and wrote it for 90. He reccomened that I install wings on the car if I wanted to cruise at those speeds.

I think squaw had like 8 trails open and utah had way more snow and it was Sundance. Party on!! I had to drive back to reno (return rental) and catch a flight to Vegas after the weekend skiing.

Little pit stop for a top speed run.

Name:  flats 2 .jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  154.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Not the longest drive ever but I flew from Boston to San Fran. Landed and drove 800 miles to SLC. I think the flight landed around 9pm cali time. Got busted in Elko NV for doing about 120 but the cop was nice and wrote it for 90. He reccomened that I install wings on the car if I wanted to cruise at those speeds.

I think squaw had like 8 trails open and utah had way more snow and it was Sundance. Party on!! I had to drive back to reno (return rental) and catch a flight to Vegas after the weekend skiing.

Little pit stop for a top speed run.

Name:  flats 2 .jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  154.2 KB
    You know, those Sonatas have been known to actually fly.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post

Call me crazy but it seems like this trip could have been planned a little better.

work paid for flight to SF and for flight from Reno to Vegas and were booked months in advance. Plan was to ski Squaw and fly to Vegas. I didn't even change the plan until we were driving towards sqauw and got the report of how bad it had been with no snow in sight. I hate flying into Reno/layover etc so I always do squaw via SFO. It's quicker than reno too.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Venice?
    Sarasota
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Boulder to Durango in four hours.
    I'll be damned. I bet that was fun.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

google sez 384 miles, 6 hrs. 18 minutes. 4 hours is moving pretty good.

Did Vegas to Ketchum, ID in 7:45. Felt fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

This summer drove from Jacksonville to Seattle in 61 hrs. Not mind blowing but not looking to do that again anytime soon. Included beers in Nashville and baking in Denver.

Saskatoon to Edmonton, under 4hrs. Not so impressive, except it was in an 81 toyota 4X4 p/u, 4 speed (no OD). Thank the prairie gods there wasn't any wind.

Not that fast, but my longest solo trip: Colorado Springs to Jackson Hole in 9hrs with a half hour bathroom and bake stop.
    For awhile I was following a rabbit who was doing ~110mph.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Cannonball run record broken NY-CA

Got hung Ho to bring my blazer to college junior year. Sea-Hanover NH. Just over 3k miles. Drove 26 strait then slept for six before pushing another 23.

Forgot to add , 95% on the same interstate (90)

Five over everywhere I go. Last ticket was 2003 and it was a Pinedale dickhead with his head so clogged with nicotine residue I think he thought I'd already hit the Elk he warned me about. So boring cutting the fuel just past the limit but in the long run, with some discipline, probably the fastest way to anywhere.

These cannonball blog videos are fun to watch. Seems almost like they hope the speed cops watch the videos to see how intricate and elegant the plans are, and how safe it all has been up to now for the free pass. All part of the game. If I was a speed cop I'd let em roll hell yes I would.

I'd make the best worst speed cop ever. Unfortunately I'd never get by the lie detector test when they ask if I give a shit and I'd rather be a rabbit than a fox anyway.

Terrace to Sunpeaks in 11hrs. 1200km (750mi). In winter, in an '92 F150.

Did Sunpeaks to Drumheller in 6hrs. 800km ( 500mi) with a Yami Seca 900.

O'hare to the south shore of Long Island in just over 13 hours. Des Moine to home (near Danbury CT) in a Mitsu Montero Sport with 5 people, the dog, bix on the roof and 4 bikes hanging off the back in 20 hours. NY to Boulder solo in an Olds Cutlass with AM radio in 42 hours, got there just in time to see Robert Hunter at the Boulder Theater. Vancouver (BC) to Mountainview solo in a 1960 CJ5 with a 10 gallon gas tank that maxed at 57mph (unless it was downhill with a tailwind when it would get to ~60) in 22 hours. Yup I've done some great quick road trips over the years.

I had a friend that made it from Richmond VA to SLC in 15 hours in a 928 S4 in 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I had a friend that made it from Richmond VA to SLC in 15 hours in a 928 S4 in 1993.
    That'd be averaging over 140 mph. Including stops for gas, etc. I'm skeptical.